Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: February 2014 Weight Loss Adventure

That sounds like a really crappy day, QuilterMomma. Hope you are feeling better.

What is going on this month with all the sickness. I know I have a nasty sinus infection that wont clear, to the point it has been infecting my vision. To the point I can't sew enough to sew or do much of anything else.

Hope to hear everyone is getting better very soon.
    Cindy R in Dallas, TX

"My day is not complete until I play with fabric in some manner......whether be sewing, cutting or just fondling for a new project."

Oh my gosh QuilterMomma, that is not good. I have never known so many people with pneumonia at one time as I do this month. It's kind of scary. I have spent a good part of the last week on my couch. I think I totally overdid it helping my sister clean out her storage unit, and then shovelling snow. If I am going to do that much again I need a better class of painkillers.
    Join the JUNE Pincushion & Needlecase swap:http://www.quiltingboard.com/member-...t-t247379.html

One of the advantages of being disorderly is that one is constantly making exciting discoveries A. A. Milne

Blog Entries
    The shoveling of the snow is what did it to you. That is hard work. And yes, I am a bad girl, since DH had his shoulder surgery he can't run the snow blower. Kids are at work, so that leaves me and now I can feel it in my chest and body. I know, kick my rear, but the snow fell on Sunday and then again on Monday. I had to do it twice.
    Now I like my neighbors. Let me say the young man next door has been shipped out an is back. He is from South Carolina, he does not know snow. He says hi to me last night as I am running the snow blower, I mention that DH had surgery and I pneumonia, he comments that if I need anything, let him know. Well, I am using the snowblower and I just told situation and he does not offer to take over. Hmmmm did I miss something? I had already done his sidewalk out of courteousness, in fact, did a path for all the neighbors. Something about me and machines. No I did not do neighbors driveways. Not even gal across street who is home all day and little ones go to school and she is healthy. I did do hers on Sunday though. Ok, enough of that.
    Nice things even having to rest, I have not gained what I lost.
    Life is short, live it while you still can. QuilterMomma

Blog Entries
    Wow hope everyone gets better soon. I don't know why they call them emergency rooms when you always have to wait so long there. All 3 of the kids I work closely with have had awful colds. One of them digs in his nose all day. He likes to hold my hand. So gross. I was sure I was doomed to get it. I guess I was lucky because I managed to avoid it. I washed my hands so many times a day.
    Today was the 100th day of school. We always have a little celebration. The kids count to 100, group 100's etc. One of the teachers decided we should all dress up like 100 year olds it was so fun. Some of the outfits were awesome.
    Everyone eat healthy and rest so you can all get better.
    Pat

Well I did find out the hard way that if your lips are turning blue and you can't breathe when you arrive at the ER it translates into no waiting. Heavy bleeding from a head injury works pretty good too. Ask me how I know lol!

I would like to see pics of the 100 year old outfits!
    Join the JUNE Pincushion & Needlecase swap:http://www.quiltingboard.com/member-...t-t247379.html

One of the advantages of being disorderly is that one is constantly making exciting discoveries A. A. Milne

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by createfourpaws View Post
    This has been a quiet bunch this month. The weather must have all under the weather. I am stuck inside when it is going to be a beautiful of about 73 today.

I have to make phone calls on my lunch to get dad's radiation treatment scheduled for his prostate cancer. He will have them 5 days a week for 7 weeks. After he finishes up then will be scheduling mom's low back surgery mid to late April so I can build back up my PTO time here at work from her last surgery.

Best news I got recently was that there is no sign of cancer in my lungs 2 1/2 yrs later. Not sure if I shared that or not.

Have an amazing day.
    Cindy that is the most wonderful news!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you God!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by meanmom View Post
    Wow hope everyone gets better soon. I don't know why they call them emergency rooms when you always have to wait so long there. All 3 of the kids I work closely with have had awful colds. One of them digs in his nose all day. He likes to hold my hand. So gross. I was sure I was doomed to get it. I guess I was lucky because I managed to avoid it. I washed my hands so many times a day.
    Today was the 100th day of school. We always have a little celebration. The kids count to 100, group 100's etc. One of the teachers decided we should all dress up like 100 year olds it was so fun. Some of the outfits were awesome.
    Everyone eat healthy and rest so you can all get better.
    Pat
    I hear you! We have kids with hands down their pants and THEN in their noses. I hear myself saying "Go wash your hands. Use LOTS of soap!!" We had 100th day of school yesterday, too. Today the first grade is doing 101 days of school and they are dressing up as dalmations (101 Dalmations), so cute.

It is still cold here and we are expecting more snow this morning. Last night I had to drop by a friends house after work and we chatted while having a cup of tea. We had such a nice conversation but as the sun went down I could feel the cold moving in. By the time I left her house I had talked myself out of going to yoga. Bad idea. I just could not face changing clothes and going back out in the dark and cold after having such a long day at work. I came home, changed into pjs, ate dinner and immediately fell asleep in my chair. Bad habit, I know, but many days I still feel like hibernating. The weekend was so nice and sunny, can't wait for spring to get here.

Blog Entries
    Ditto the spring getting here. I would rather have rain showers than snow. We have clear skies and sun but definitely cold. The dalmations has to be a cute site to see. You must post a photo of them.

Eat Dessert Half as Often. At six months the biggest losers (those who lost at least 22 lbs) cut their desserts from about 15 to 5 servings per month. At four years those who lost the most weight were eating, on average, about 7 desserts per month.

This is from a list of weight loss tips, and it is one I can totally agree to follow. I don't believe total denial is good for a successful lifetime diet.

Blog Entries
    Yes very few people can stick to their weight loss diet when they deprive themselves. You need to allow yourself treats now and then.
    One of my students, Robert is such a pain. Last week he stood up in his seat and coughed in my face right after I told him to cover his mouth when he coughs. I took him to the principal where he called me a liar. He told his mom I made it all up. Today right after lunch he noticed that Logan had a dollar in his pocket. He started claiming that it was his. While we were in math class he reached in to Logans pocket and took it. He said he didn't do anything wrong. I took him to the principal. This is a second grader. What will he be like when he is older.

Goodness by middle school he'll be an accomplished criminal. Does he have the type of parents that think their child can do no wrong? Could it be considered assault for him to deliberately cough in your face? I know it is considered assualt if you do that when you have AIDS. Perhaps your union rep could help.

Here is the birthday table topper I made. I even got it finished before Allie's party on Saturday. For the quilting on the white I wrote out "happy birthday to you" many times. I also put in a few "party time" and "celebrate".
    Attached Images Attached Images

That is really cute Pam. I am impressed, you can write with a sewing machine better than I do with a pen.

Actually, lauriejo, my sewing machine writing is better than my hand writing too! LOL

Blog Entries
    Cute table topper.
    Kindness is a language which the deaf can hear and the blind see.
    mark Twain

Why am I craving potato chips? I blame the @#$%^& snow.

Tip of the Day: Make a Homemade Dip

Make a healthy Southwestern dip with tomatoes, black beans, black-eye peas, and corn. Season with chili powder or jalapenos. Click here for more recipe ideas.
    Cindy R in Dallas, TX

"My day is not complete until I play with fabric in some manner......whether be sewing, cutting or just fondling for a new project."

Quote Originally Posted by createfourpaws View Post
    Make a healthy Southwestern dip with tomatoes, black beans, black-eye peas, and corn. Season with chili powder or jalapenos. Click here for more recipe ideas.
    I make one similar to this, I use Rotel, black beans, and corn. Use either light salt Frito or tortilla chips to eat. Using the rotel no need for chili powder or jalapenos unless you want it hotter.
    Cindy R in Dallas, TX

lauriejo, I blame the snow too. I am SO SICK of it. And this blasted cold. It is supposed to get up to -1 today but I don't see that happening since it is -6 and almost 1:30.
    Hubby ran to the store to pick up dinner last night. Came home with 2 desserts. Those chocolate chip cookies in the drawer are calling my name and I am really trying to ignore them.
    After Allie leaves today I need to get busy packing. We leave for France tomorrow! Get to go visit my youngest child for 10 days!

Blog Entries
    That is a wonderful table runner. Terrific job on it and on time! have a great time in France.

Blog Entries
    Pam have fun in France. I love the table runner. Awesome job.
    The student who lifted the dollar will be an accomplished criminal at a young age. Mom and dad are divorced I think.(not sure they were ever married). We are pretty sure dad is a drug dealer. He doesn't work and always seems to have tons of money. We did a writing assignment a couple of weeks ago and he was writing about his dad. Told me dad doesn't work and people just keep coming to the door and handing him a bunch of money. We reported it to childrens services. Not sure what will happen now. Not sure mom really cares too much. She claims she does but she texted during the whole meeting last time we had one.
    We are supposed to get more snow this weekend. They still don't know how much. It could be all ice, all snow or a mix. I think we have had enough.

Wow Pam have fun in France, sounds way more fun than winter has been so far.

Ya know people really should be required to pass a test before they are allowed to have children, cause there sure are an awful lot of failing "parents".

Quote Originally Posted by Pam H View Post
    Here is the birthday table topper I made. I even got it finished before Allie's party on Saturday. For the quilting on the white I wrote out "happy birthday to you" many times. I also put in a few "party time" and "celebrate".
    This is really cute, Pam!! I love the colors you used. Have a great trip!

wow....it is the end of the month already..time has flown by this month. I am not any where near the winning this month. Had to go on predisnone this week and am up 10 lbs in 1 week. Am glad I am feeling better just hate the side effect. UGH.

Send me your PM of weight loss, later today I will post the new thread for March.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 LastLast