Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: February 2014 Weight Loss Adventure

Tip of the Day: Make It A Pizza Night!

Make a mini pizza using a portabella mushroom for the crust. Top with tomato sauce, veggies, and low-fat mozzarella cheese, and broil. Find more recipe ideas here.
    Cindy R in Dallas, TX

"My day is not complete until I play with fabric in some manner......whether be sewing, cutting or just fondling for a new project."

Blog Entries
    My DD 20, had a date set for Saturday and canceled because she was not sure if she should go. OMG, I told her at least go You need out of this house!!! Glad she is being careful, but goodness, how ya going to know if you don't get out and visit them. I know, us parents are praying for just the right one to come along at the right time, so this must not be him, onto the next.
    Life is short, live it while you still can. QuilterMomma

Tip of the Day: Keep it Lean

Meat contains protein, iron, magnesium, zinc, Vitamin E and B Vitamins. For less fat, go with lean cuts.
    Cindy R in Dallas, TX

"My day is not complete until I play with fabric in some manner......whether be sewing, cutting or just fondling for a new project."

Quote Originally Posted by QuilterMomma View Post
    My DD 20, had a date set for Saturday and canceled because she was not sure if she should go. OMG, I told her at least go You need out of this house!!! Glad she is being careful, but goodness, how ya going to know if you don't get out and visit them. I know, us parents are praying for just the right one to come along at the right time, so this must not be him, onto the next.
    Must not be the right one, she will go when she is ready. I know we want our babies to be happy. keep praying.
    Cindy R in Dallas, TX

This has been a quiet bunch this month. The weather must have all under the weather. I am stuck inside when it is going to be a beautiful of about 73 today.

I have to make phone calls on my lunch to get dad's radiation treatment scheduled for his prostate cancer. He will have them 5 days a week for 7 weeks. After he finishes up then will be scheduling mom's low back surgery mid to late April so I can build back up my PTO time here at work from her last surgery.

Best news I got recently was that there is no sign of cancer in my lungs 2 1/2 yrs later. Not sure if I shared that or not.

Have an amazing day.
    Cindy R in Dallas, TX

Blog Entries
    AWESOME!!!! Cindy. That is wonderful to hear. Wow, you do have your hands full for sure. Be sure to give yourself the time to rest inbetween all those appointments and schedule your handwork while you are waiting.

Blog Entries
    WOw Cindy that is awesome news. Remember to take some time for yourself between all the care for your parents. QuilterMomma maybe we should fix your DD up with my DS. He is 24 and lives at home. He needs to get out. He is a mechanic so not much opportunity to meet girls there. He has kinda lost touch with most of his college buddies. He is also shy. I told my DD that her job while in college was to find him wife. SHe isn't doing her job.
    The roads here were really icy this morning. It took an hour to get to work when it is usually about 20 to 25 minutes. It warmed up this afternoon a lot. Tons of melting snow. We had sleet and thunder last night.

Great news Cindy! So happy for you. I've been kind of quiet on here because I was finishing up a quilt. Got it finished and delivered to my 9 yr. old second cousin. I've already started on another quilt. This one is for a young man in our church. His favorite colors are orange, green and white. I found a simple pattern I liked and have started the cutting. That's the part I dislike. I want to just start sewing! haha I haven't been taking this weight loss very seriously lately. I went for my weigh in today and was up. Maybe since the weather is warming up, I won't feel like hibernating like an old grouchy bear.

Teddybear Lady, I think that's how I feel - hibernating. I'm trying to eat better and go the the gym. I'm back at yoga regularly and that really helps. I sleep like a baby the night after I have yoga. That was last night. Slipped on the ice again last night, luckily I didn't fall this time.

Healthy choices today.

I am doing my best to take time to myself. The guy I am seeing is making sure I do that, he is so good to me. Mom on the other hand is be a royal pain in the a**....LOL she keeps trying to get me to do things for her that she can do while I am at work, and I remind her to do them herself. Sometimes she does and sometimes she doesn't.

I am really looking forward to the cruise, don't want to move it up but will be ready when it is time to go. Already looking at the excursion we can take, one is swimming with the dolphins and manatees.
    Cindy R in Dallas, TX

Tip of the Day: Slim Down Your Side Dish

Love cheesy mashed potatoes? Look for low-fat cheese blends or part-skim ricotta--to whip into your creation. Learn more ways to enjoy dairy here.
    Cindy R in Dallas, TX

Blog Entries
    There has been lot going on here. I am doing alternative allergy treatments. The doctor almost seems to be a quack. Very strange. But it seems to be working. When the trees and flowers start blooming I will be able to tell for sure.
    I feel like I am doomed to catch the awful cold several kids at school have. All 3 of the kids I work closely with have it. In of them is a pain in the [email protected]#. I asked him numerous times to cover his mouth when he coughs and to quit digging in his nose. Late this afternoon I told him to quit coughing in my face , he stood up in his seat and leaned close to my face and coughed a couple of inches from my face. We marched right down to the principals office and called his mom. He got on the phone and told mom I was telling a lie. I thought the principal was going to blow a gasket She is usually pretty calm. Not sure what I can do to try to avoid this cold. I have been taking vitamins etc.

Cindy, that is great news that you are still cancer-free. I can't imagine all the time and energy you put into caring for your parents. Although it might be similar to me taking care of Allie. I am tired a lot!
    Yesterday I went to see the ice caves. Maybe you have seen about them on the news. It was amazing! But today I can barely walk, my muscles are so sore. We must have walked 6-7 miles and I had on the big clunky boots that were way too big on me. We drove for 7 hours and walked for almost 5 hours. I might pay a visit to my whirlpool bath again tonight.

Name:  Bree looking at her quilt.jpg
Views: 54
Size:  1.55 MBThis is my cousin's daughter when I gave her the quilt I made for her. She had no idea I was making it for her.

Name:  Deb and Breanna and Jaclyn with quilt.jpg
Views: 58
Size:  1.24 MBHere we are holding the quilt I made for Breanna. That little one is a cousin. She calls me her "DD". She's my DIL's niece. Name:  Bree smiling with Deb and quilt closeup.jpg
Views: 49
Size:  1,021.9 KBA closeup. Bree had her eyes closed but she was smiling. haha

Tip of the Day: Make a Breakfast Smoothie

Smoothies are a tasty breakfast option! For a quick smoothie, try orange juice, non-fat yogurt, and frozen mango slices (or other fruit). Add ice, blend and enjoy!
    Cindy R in Dallas, TX

Blog Entries
    Smoothies are really good. DDs both have them in the morning. They need to be using up those bananas that are ripening a bit to fast.
    Beautiful quilt teddybear. That little boy needs a paddling on his behind if you ask me.

QuilterMomma, your FQ's arrived today.
    Cindy R in Dallas, TX

Oh, Cindy, I forgot to tell you that I got my January winning fq's a few days ago. Love them all! I can't even remember which one I sent in.

Blog Entries
    Good News Cindy.
    Kindness is a language which the deaf can hear and the blind see.
    mark Twain

Blog Entries
    I eat a smoothie most mornings. It is just easier, I usually drink it on my drive to work. I have a mix from Advocare I just add water and ice to. It has a lot of protein so it stays with you all morning. Quick, easy and pretty tasty.
    I am shopping for a new cell phone plan. OMG it is so confusing. They all include different things etc. Not sure I will ever sort it out. We have been with Verizon for years. I have been happy with them but we are thinking of switching to smart phones and it get so expensive. My DH says to just get rid of them all. It is really annoying. Just too difficult to figure out.

I just switched from ATT to Verizon recently. It seems to be the only one that will somewhat work at my house. Super expensive but what do you do?

Blog Entries
    I haven't posted lately - the flood from the water softener causing a reno of 4 rooms is taking way too much of my time. Now I've decided to paint the kitchen and you know what that means - one room after another.

I just want to say how pleased I am that you are cancer free, Cindy. It's good to hear that some weight loss is going on, too. None here - I've gained and so has one dog - getting out has been a problem this year, too much below zero weather and glare ice to go walking every day. This is a first for me. I'm putting the dogs in the car an taking them downtown where the sidewalks are clear today - if they are cleared. Just had two days of nasty wind with snow and sleet. Hurry, Spring!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by irishrose View Post
    It's good to hear that some weight loss is going on, too. None here - I've gained and so has one dog - getting out has been a problem this year, too much below zero weather and glare ice to go walking every day.
    Us, too! I slipped on the ice again this week, luckily did NOT fall this time. And our bassett went to the vet and has gained 2 more lbs. We really will be ready for spring.

Blog Entries
    My weight loss isn't going very well either. It is all my own fault. Just making poor choices. My cat was getting fat. My vet suggested switching him to Iams weight control food. He lost several pounds. He is 14 years old and a real sweetie. Maybe I need to start eating cat Food??? :-)

Blog Entries
    I have not gained anything this last week. I came down with pneumonia. Took four hours at urgent care then four more hours at emergency room to get it diagnosed. Why don't they just listed to you when you tell them what it is. They thought maybe I had a pulmonary embolism. Went thru blood tests, xrays, ekg and finally a ct scan. I only got in trouble once with my DD to be quiet. What do they expect after 8 hours of waiting.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast