GRRRRRRRRRR!!

Old 07-13-2011, 05:54 AM

Hi,
Just think of it like having to rip out a few quilt blocks... No one will ever know ya had to rip them out but when your done.... you have a beautiful quilt.
When all your classes are done you too will make a beautiful vet
Have a sweet day
Vicki
Henderson
Old 07-13-2011, 06:04 AM

Perhaps it would be easier and faster for all of you if they simply gave you an IQ test or a perseverance test before you start the core project?I agree that it seems ludicrous that they may be padding the course in order to qualify for some Govt. regulation?
Old 07-13-2011, 06:25 AM

I understand your frustration, but that's the way it is. I have a A.S. degree in Automotive Technology(mechanic) but had to take classes like Speech II, Art I, etc. You don't really have a choice if you want to get the degree.
Old 07-13-2011, 07:06 AM

Unfortunately my education degree had the same kind of stuff. Several classes were completely theoretical and thus, IMHO, totally useless. Memorize and regurgitate!
Old 07-13-2011, 07:20 AM
Power Poster

I think this is how professors get to keep their jobs, otherwise there wouldn't be enough students to warrent keeping them. Why can't we go to school for a degree and take only the required courses needed? I am sure there are many who could afford to go and take their essential classes only. I say stop wasting our money on ridiculous classes that are not necessary for any degree!!
Old 07-13-2011, 07:24 AM

good luck -- there are so many subjects and courses which many of us took to get degrees -- and then there are things which we did which didn't reflect on our education -- like when I hauled scrap paper to the bins 5 days a week: for this I got a master's degree? -- lol
Old 07-13-2011, 07:53 AM

hhmmmm, sounds like another way for the college/university to make some more money from students. Must be somewhere people can complain about being forced to take a class that is not even going to be used in your field of work. This is very wrong.
Take care.
Linda
Old 07-13-2011, 08:51 AM

Originally Posted by willferg
Here it is:

http://www.khanacademy.org/

This guy set up videos for friends and relatives, and then it took off. I've bookmarked it for my kids.
I have a few friends that used this site to supplement their college lectures/courses - either to re-learn concepts, study for an exam, or because of issues with the professor due to language or delivery of content.
Old 07-13-2011, 09:04 AM

Same reason I had to take bowling and square dancing to be an elementary school teacher. College gets more $$$!
Old 07-13-2011, 09:40 AM

Most colleges have basic classes that everyone has to take regardless of your major because they believe in having a broad base of knowledge. For what it is worth, I experienced the same frustration in my undergraduate and graduate studies. I just had to grin and bear it. AARGH! :!: