Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Help! How to entertain guest this weekend? >

Help! How to entertain guest this weekend?

Help! How to entertain guest this weekend?

Old 06-25-2010, 10:38 AM

Play cowboys and Indians and tie them to the table for the day lol...just kidding
Old 06-25-2010, 11:28 AM

Finger paint with Kool Aid and Cool Whip. Make sure you lay down a large plastic table cloth and give them an old shirt to wear.

Bake cookies if you have air conditioning, if not then something like Rice Krispie Treats.

Read to them

Plastic needle, yarn and plastic canvas.

Large cardboard boxes and crayons

Take you furniture and quilts and make tents. Have a picnic under the dining room or kitchen table.

If all else fails, Cartoon Network.
Old 06-25-2010, 11:38 AM

Y'all are great! We are most definitely having a tent/fort. They will LOVE that. I love the bubble idea...I love all the ideas! I just want plenty of planned activities--if I don't get to use them all, fine, but I know their attention spans are short!!

Trupeach--thanks for the monkey bread recipe. Yum!

Rosy, I'm saving "Cowboys and Indians" for last! Lol. My brothers and I played that growing up and indeed tied the youngest brother to a chair. Bless his heart, he was so agreeable--he'd allow us to do anything to him if we only let him play!
Old 06-25-2010, 12:02 PM

Board games are fun, Candy land for the 2 year old and we also enjoy hide & seek in the house,no running. To help use up their energy tell them they need to do 10 jumping jacks before they can start the seeking! :)

Enjoy that company!
Old 06-25-2010, 12:08 PM

My 2 1/2 yr old grandson likes anything on wheels. It doesn't matter how small the toy is. My niece (at 4) loved to play pretend and dressup. I don't know of a child that does not like to play hide and seek. Do you or a family member have a toy box (with toys) from childhood? Children get lost for hours with toys they haven't seen or played with before. Just have to take the ones out that are not safe for a 2yr and 4yr old. One thing that worked really really well this past weekend was painters tape on the carpet splitting the living room from the rest of the house. I told him it was his toy room and he kept all his toys in that one section the whole weekend. It worked like a charm. He played toys all over the house but they got parked behind the tape in the 'toy room'. Good luck, try to have fun./Regards, Dorothy
Old 06-25-2010, 02:56 PM

I vote for some outdoor time with water. Big balls (like beach balls) work too and are cheap at the dollar store.

If you really like them, buy a kiddie pool $8.00 and a few bags of play sand. Gather some things from the kitchen. They'll play for hours in the shade. Hose them off with the hose.

Oh now I read they're only staying overnight. Make 'em something fun to eat (mac and cheese) and a good movie and call it a night.
Old 06-25-2010, 03:02 PM
Power Poster

Wow, all these tips bring back memories of when my kids were small. I was talking about colorforms the other day and most kids don't know what they are. Do they still make them?
Old 06-25-2010, 03:09 PM

Originally Posted by Rosyhf
Play cowboys and Indians and tie them to the table for the day lol...just kidding
why just kidding?? its a great idea!!
Old 06-25-2010, 03:21 PM
Google Goddess

find coloring books and have them to trace out ideas so you can turn them into a cute blanket for them by sewing blocks
Old 06-25-2010, 03:25 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Rosyhf
:thumbup: :thumbup: :lol: :lol: