Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
How many still get really worried about how ....... >

How many still get really worried about how .......

How many still get really worried about how .......

Old 08-29-2011, 04:04 PM

I'm afraid I'm one of those compulsive "neatniks" and I'm not comfortable in my house unless it's clean, neat and tidy. (all except my sewing room - that seems to always need help!) What other people do doesn't bother me at all and I never scoff at their housekeeping. I figure we're each entitled to keep our homes however we see fit. I guess I inherited my German mother's compulsive cleaning habits!
Old 08-29-2011, 04:07 PM
QM
Power Poster

I have married before. I did not have a chance to host them.
Old 08-29-2011, 10:56 PM

no worries here.
Old 08-30-2011, 02:24 AM

My Dear MIL (God Rest Her Soul) lost the ability to keep her house clean as her eyesight failed her. She couldn't see what others could.
Old 08-30-2011, 02:58 AM

No MIL here, I used to spend my days cleaning all the time. As I got older I realized there are other more important thimgs to be done. So the house gets a "lick and a promise" occasionally and when it gets bad I call in a housekeeper. My tired body don't do what it used too. LOL
Old 08-30-2011, 03:29 AM

My home is a home. Which to me, means that it looks lived in. We have 3 children (19, 16 and 12) who all still live at home. Hubby and I both work full time. I quick clean before ANYONE comes over, not just MIL. If anyone stops by un-announced, which I don't mind, they will find my home in disarray.

MIL has been known to stop by un-announced, and starts to clean my stove top. I'm not fond of this and tell her so. She stops, but is bothered by the fact that my home is not always spic and span. But that's ok, because it's my home.

I used to have a spic and span clean home at all times, when I had 2 children and was a stay at home mom. Every room on the first floor of our home is cleaned once a week...well, maybe not my sewing room.
Old 08-30-2011, 03:33 AM

My MIL has passed, but my housekeeping is generally so "random" that I use ANYONE coming for a visit as an excuse to clean up. If I clean up in general, DH will say "who is coming to visit?"
Old 08-30-2011, 04:18 AM

Not a mother in law but a person I made the mistake of thinking was my closest friend.I discovered that she told all and sundry about what a "dirty" house I had. Now that I have left her to her boring back - stabbing, I have never felt so liberated. My house is no tidier, but it is clean.
Old 08-30-2011, 04:44 AM

Originally Posted by Gramie bj
Not my mom-in-law, she is a worst house keeper than me! LOL I'm not to bad, I believe my house should be dirty (clutered) enough to be comfortable (wear your schoes inside sit your glasses on any table, put your feet up and be welcome) but still clean enough to be healthy,(no over full trash, toilets clean, dishes an laundry done,) Life is to short to worry about the dust bunnies that may be hidding under the guest bed!
I like the way Gramie thinks. I had a wonderful MIL when I had one and I never worried about anything around her. I knew she loved me and excepted me just the way I was. In fact after her son and I divorced and she met my new husband she told him he would answer to her if he mistreated me.lol
Old 08-30-2011, 04:47 AM
j

My MIL always got up early--then she would dust and mop - so whenever you went into her house, it always looked clean.She never has said a word about peoples housecleaning.On top of that you never saw her in a bathrobe she always got dressed early. She always said if you are making my son happy why should I tell you what to do. She treated all the DIL's this way. She is now 95 and loved by many many people. -- J