Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
How many still get really worried about how ....... >

How many still get really worried about how .......

How many still get really worried about how .......

Old 08-30-2011, 04:49 AM
j

I forgot to mention that if you went to her house to eat, she kept a card on you, so when you came again, she made and fed you what you had liked. The inside of her kitchen cabinet had blackboard paint on it and the menu was always up there what you were having for supper and on top of it she worked for 40 years outside the house also. - J
Old 08-30-2011, 04:59 AM

No mother-in-law issues here, don't have any and haven't for years. If she is as sweet as you say, I would not worry.
Old 08-30-2011, 05:02 AM

I don't have to worry about that My MIL never comes to visit. I guess I am just not good enough. She visits other DIL but not me. I am the DIL black sheep of the family. :(
Old 08-30-2011, 05:15 AM

Gee, my MIL always said my house was 'too clean', LOL!

It really wasn't, just no big messes on the floors, beds made, overflow of laundry hidden in the hamper, closet or washer. Those were in the pre dishwasher days and our kitchen sink always had some dishes in it and/or on the dish drainer.

MIL wasn't a clean nick as she called it but was strict about laundry and how and when you hung out the laundry (early morning), when you took the laundry inside (before dinner time) and how you ironed them (everything including undies and socks). She couldn't understand that I didn't have a laundry day and sometimes left my clothes hanging on the outside clothes line overnight - think that bothered some of my older neighbors too. Rather spend time outdoors with my kids instead.

I've been a MIL for over 30 years and my DILs don't 'keep house' like I do but their homes are welcoming and not dirty so I mind my own business and spend time with my grandkids.
Old 08-30-2011, 05:30 AM
KLO

Originally Posted by Gramie bj
Not my mom-in-law, she is a worst house keeper than me! LOL I'm not to bad, I believe my house should be dirty (clutered) enough to be comfortable (wear your schoes inside sit your glasses on any table, put your feet up and be welcome) but still clean enough to be healthy,(no over full trash, toilets clean, dishes an laundry done,) Life is to short to worry about the dust bunnies that may be hidding under the guest bed!
My MIL is long gone but just wanted to say that I love this attitude!!!
Old 08-30-2011, 05:36 AM

Years ago when my grandmother came to visit I told her I clean and clean and clean and my house is always messy while hers never was. She said to me, "Sharon, when my children were small my house was always in a mess. Now I am just one old lady with a purse and I put it away when I get home so how can my house be messy? Enjoy the children because it goes by very fast and you will miss the mess!" She was so right! My theory now is those who come to my home are there to see me not to see how often I sweep!
Old 08-30-2011, 05:45 AM

My MIL passed in 1985, and I still miss her. She was a wonderful person - always came to stay for a week each time I had a baby. She didn't make it for the last one, who was born 4 months after she died.
I DID stress before she & hubby came for a visit, and so did my DH! He spent a lot of time in the garage, and would always try to rearrange the mess so it was a bit more presentable! ;-) It never worked, but we did try....
Old 08-30-2011, 06:11 AM

Never-I always kept my house clean no matter how tired I was at the end of a 12 hr day and I figured my husbands clutter was ok after a good dusting. :)
Old 08-30-2011, 06:31 AM

I never worried about my MIL. She was the best. It was my mother that I worried about. Even if I had Merry Maids come in for a week and clean she would find something wrong. That was just her. I would make myself sick worrying about it.
Old 08-30-2011, 07:03 AM

If my MIL, who I never met because she died when my hubby was only 2, were to happen to come visit, I would be so thrilled I would not care one bit.