Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
How many still get really worried about how ....... >

How many still get really worried about how .......

How many still get really worried about how .......

Old 08-30-2011, 08:03 AM

My MIL didn't drive and never came to town so it was not a problem.
Old 08-30-2011, 08:17 AM

I used to --- but no MIL now -- my mother causes me angst so I clean. I used to say I'd have a Tupperware Party and have my mother visit once a year --- that way the house got cleaned twice a year!!!

I want DH to make me a plaque --- "A clean house is a sign of an uncrafty person"....:) :)
Old 08-30-2011, 08:24 AM

Ha! I discussed this thread with my MIL when she arrived yesterday and she just laughed. Her MIL was a horrifying housekeeper, but her mother was the one who came through with a white glove and always found fault no matter what. We had a good laugh over the whole thing!
Old 08-30-2011, 09:11 AM

Originally Posted by marscrafter
I do, but mostly it's because my father in law will comment if there is a trash bag that has even a tissue in it. The funny thing is he is really critical of our place, and his place has cobwebs and dust everywhere. LOL I try not to take it personally, but I make sure the house stays pretty clean.
I had one like that one time!!! When he made a comment about my housekeeping one time I told him I was just trying to live up to his standards...........his standards were WAAAAAY lower than mine!!!! LOL he never said a word after that!
Old 08-30-2011, 09:33 AM

I never had a MIL DH's mother died when he was 2. I think I need one to visit maybe I would clean my house real good.LOL :lol: :-P :-D
Old 08-30-2011, 09:35 AM

I'm lucky. My mother-in-law doesn't clean her house ..... ever. Gross. So no matter what, mine looks like a palace compared to hers.
Old 08-30-2011, 10:34 AM

Originally Posted by Gramie bj
Not my mom-in-law, she is a worst house keeper than me! LOL I'm not to bad, I believe my house should be dirty (clutered) enough to be comfortable (wear your schoes inside sit your glasses on any table, put your feet up and be welcome) but still clean enough to be healthy,(no over full trash, toilets clean, dishes an laundry done,) Life is to short to worry about the dust bunnies that may be hidding under the guest bed!
You are my new best friend... <3
:mrgreen:
Old 08-30-2011, 11:12 AM

I was more worried when my Mother was coming to visit.
Old 08-30-2011, 12:08 PM

I lost my mother-in-law 4 years ago. When we first got married I worried a great deal about her visits. It didn't take me long to discover that she had a blind eye to my dirty house, even though her house was always spotless and she had been a home ec teacher. She laughingly told me once that when she was younger and teaching and raising a family and doing all those things young women have to do when working and starting a family, her house was always a mess! I miss her every day!
I wish she could come visit again.
Old 08-30-2011, 12:19 PM

Had two MIL, my FIL divorced when my husband was only two years old. The MIL from Hell walked out on her husband and three children which should be enough explanation about what kind of a person she was. There was nothing I could do to please her. My FIL's second wife, the woman who raised my DH and his siblings, was the most wonderful woman I have ever known. She was like a mother to me and taught me so much. I lost my mother when she was only 52 so having my step MIL was one of God's gifts. I used to worry and clean like a maniac when folks came from out of town. Then I got smart and realized that no one was going to eat off of my kitchen floor no matter how clean it was.