Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
I got a new stand mixer today. >

I got a new stand mixer today.

I got a new stand mixer today.

Old 03-16-2012, 10:44 PM

Originally Posted by NancyBelly View Post
Ok, who remembers S & H green stamps? My mixer was bought with 3 books of those stamps in 1971! Yeah, I'm old and so is my mixer!
I do!! Does anyone remember Blue Chip stamps?
Old 03-17-2012, 03:35 AM

I have to add, you can't beat those old Sunbeam appliances from the 1950's era. I still have a Sunbeam toaster that is older than me, as well as a waffle iron. I would bet they were both wedding presents from when my folks married in 1950. Both work great. I think also Farberware made some great appliances too.
Old 03-18-2012, 05:59 AM

Originally Posted by raptureready View Post
LOL, I have a Kitchen Aid mixer that's ages old but it still works. When I found a brand new one on a garage sale for only $75 I snatched it up. I now have two but when I'm mixing cookie dough for the holidays I use them both at the same time. Big appliances, no, I wait until they are shot. Usually dh can fix most of them.
I suspect your mixer is one of those that I have read are actually worth more $ than the new ones. Like Viking sewing machines, this part of the company was bought by another, and the quality of the product has really gone down.

I keep old appliances around here until they break. Usually they don't, and in most cases the old ones are not built to the same standards as the old ones
Old 03-18-2012, 01:14 PM

Originally Posted by BellaBoo View Post
DH took it to the local CASA house this morning for me. It was much better then the mixer my neighbor has but since hers wasn't broken I didn't offer it to her.

The new one is a new Artisian KitchenAid for a total cost of $105 (free shipping to boot) for 12 hours or until sold out only on Facebook. Limit one per customer. This is a super buy for a KitchenAid. And in the color I wanted. Heck, I could resell it for twice what I paid for it. Facebook has fantastic bargains from manufacturers/stores for no rhyme or reason.
Bella Bella... I have been avoiding having a Facebook account but I "might" have to reconsider! I did not know that manufacturers/stores have sales like these.