Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
IF YOU COULD HAVE ONE DO-OVER >

IF YOU COULD HAVE ONE DO-OVER

IF YOU COULD HAVE ONE DO-OVER

Old 10-08-2011, 05:08 PM

Originally Posted by Jeanniebelle
I would not have married my ex-husband. He is a complete jerk. I hope everyone realizes I am being nice about my word usage. Jeanniebelle
Gotcha. Me too
Old 10-08-2011, 05:25 PM

I have had the good, the bad and the ugly in my life-the bad and the ugly lets me appreciate the good all the more. So if I changed something I would not be the person I am today and have the wonderful life I have
Old 10-08-2011, 05:42 PM

Originally Posted by Jill
I would have finished the quilted pillows I was working on for my sister. She had to have surgery last Friday, and I stayed by her bedside this week until the ventilator was removed yesterday. She passed away within two minutes. We were best friends and seldom missed a day talking to each other. I miss her terribly already.
Jill
So sorry for your loss.
Sounds like you were a very special sister to her, being best friends, talking daily and being there for her when she needed you.
Maybe you can someday finish her pillow and when you are missing her terribly you can give the pillow a big hug.
Old 10-08-2011, 05:51 PM

I would have finished my college education as a medical doctor. Sometime I wonder what our life would have been like but then I say thank you for what I have and for the 39 years that my husband and I have been together
Old 10-08-2011, 05:54 PM

I would have been kinder and more loving to my parents (#1) and I would have never started smoking (#2). Other than those 2 I don't think I would attempt to change a thing.
Old 10-08-2011, 05:59 PM

I started working for a lawyer right out of high school. I married two yrs later and had our first son two yrs after.I wanted to keep on working but my DH needed me on the farm My boss came out to see me to try to have me come back to work for him but I couldn't. There weren't any babysitters in our area at that time either. Oh, well, we had some good times with our children because they were always with us!!!!!
Old 10-08-2011, 05:59 PM

I would have - finished my PhD, traveled more, married later, had more children, not listened to those who said I was the most stupid, ugly, useless person in the world.
BUT I did have - a fulfilling career, traveled world wide, wonderful marriage and children, and
Old 10-08-2011, 06:00 PM

sorry, unfinished

have forgiven those negative people and now pray for them.

YOU CANNOT CHANGE THE PAST SO COUNT YOUR BLESSINGS AND LIVE!
Old 10-08-2011, 06:04 PM

Originally Posted by LIgrl
Originally Posted by dreamer2009
Originally Posted by Lisanne
What about you, Dreamer?

I would have come from a family
that loved and cared about me...
that would have formed a completely different me...
a me I would probably like today.
DITTO>>>..I could so relate to this. Oh and I wish I had walked away from them before the age of 43, too many beating from my mom and sister and that was in front of my children. Why did they do it? Once because I went to my daughters friends moms home for a cup of tea.
I too can relate, my mom hired someone to kill me, didn't find out until in my thirties. The sad part was, i was only about 5 or 6 yrs. when she did that. I have three other siblings and I was the only one to be brutelized and almost killed. Hope she rots with the devil
Old 10-08-2011, 06:25 PM

Originally Posted by watterstide
Originally Posted by valleyquiltermo
I have found that the road I traveled has made me who I am today, so since I like who I see in the mirror I wouldn't change anything I've done. I would love to have my son back.
i am with you friend.
no matter how hard i worked in the steel mill,and the almost 30 years of swing shift were hard on me and my family..the kids mostly. it helped mold my kids into being independent,and helpers.
My first marriage,2 kids..my second marriage 1 kid. wouldn't change that either..

in my heart and soul, i wanted to be an oncology nurse.

for me, a do-over would be something simple.
.like stopping to pray with someone,when i knew i should of..

Or making that phone call,when i felt i was supposed to.

or tell someone that i loved them when there was still time.
Watterstide - Kim
I couldn't have said the simple do-over better myself.

I didn't have the easiest life but I just pray that down the road if this question comes up again I haven't repeated the same simple do-overs. That I learn from my past mistakes.