Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
IF YOU COULD HAVE ONE DO-OVER >

IF YOU COULD HAVE ONE DO-OVER

IF YOU COULD HAVE ONE DO-OVER

Old 10-08-2011, 11:43 AM

My whole life and now make the same mistakes.
Old 10-08-2011, 11:52 AM

Originally Posted by ChaiQuilter
Babyfire04 - I read your post incorrectly, I'm so sorry. Sounds like you were too young. Just remember you're worth more then a million of him.
ChaiQuilter, No problem :thumbup: honestly I haven't thought about it in a long time until I gave the do-over question some thought. It's like being able to purge a heavy burden without the risk of being humiliated by it.
Thank you, it's nice to have a sympathetic ear every now and again :D
Old 10-08-2011, 12:16 PM

Originally Posted by dreamer2009
Originally Posted by Lisanne
What about you, Dreamer?

I would have come from a family
that loved and cared about me...
that would have formed a completely different me...
a me I would probably like today.
I sometimes feel the same way. To me family is everything -- but I don't have that. Just the 3 of us -- the rest have become what I call "Social Bullies" and I certainly don't want to spend my free time with people who think ridiculing others is fun. As they say, you can choose your friends but you can't choose your family!
Old 10-08-2011, 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by trisha
Having a career
I think I would too! Always wanted to stay at home & be the kind of mom mine never was, or wanted to be. But now, all things considered, wish I had worked at having a career too. Still happy now, but one can wish, right!
Old 10-08-2011, 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by quilter in the making
Not have let my first husband take away my self-esteem, confidence and sense of self-worth. We've been divorced for 9 years after 27 years of marriage and I still struggle daily with these feelings which have affected me in so many ways. Couple that with a mentally ill sister who does everything possible to diminish me further and cause divisions between others in the family. I guess to sum it up, I would like a do-over to be able to recognize toxic people and rid my life of their drama much earlier.

I am so very blessed with three incredible children, two beautiful and healthy grandsons and a second husband who loves me for just who I am and says I would not be the person I am without living all the previous years exactly as I did.
OH - Do I soooo agree with you about toxic people! My mother is the toxic one in my life who caused so many divisions between myself and my brothers and their families. I have decided it is for my best health to stay clear of her and the drama she has caused in my life although I do feel very, very sorry for her. She is 82, lives alone and just sits in her house at her kitchen table all day. No one comes to visit her -- not even my 3 brothers. So what does that tell you?
I LOVE her lots; but I don't Like her -- if you know what I mean. You would think that at 82 she would want to see all her children get along and get together without incidences.
Old 10-08-2011, 12:56 PM

OH - Do I soooo agree with you about toxic people! My mother is the toxic one in my life who caused so many divisions between myself and my brothers and their families. I have decided it is for my best health to stay clear of her and the drama she has caused in my life although I do feel very, very sorry for her. She is 82, lives alone and just sits in her house at her kitchen table all day. No one comes to visit her -- not even my 3 brothers. So what does that tell you?
I LOVE her lots; but I don't Like her -- if you know what I mean. You would think that at 82 she would want to see all her children get along and get together without incidences.[/quote]

My mother was like this too! I learned to keep my distance, as much as possible! She died at 84, a lonely old woman, I'm sure, & hate to say it, but don't miss her. I loved her, just couldn't like her much. You are about toxic people, & we all need to avoid these kinds, as much as possible, even if we are unlucky enough to be related to them! Like is too short & why put ourselves through it!...
Old 10-08-2011, 01:10 PM
Swap Hosts

None. I've certainly made my share of mistakes and bad decisions in life, but each one has taught me something -- if nothing else -- to have a good dose of humility and not to judge others too quickly.
Old 10-08-2011, 01:12 PM

instead of getting married 1st time round so young i should of gone in the service. i wanted to be a drill instructor when i was young.
Old 10-08-2011, 01:46 PM

I'm not sure I would have done anything differently. I like where my life is now. Decent kids, good husband, nice home, lots of interests and many friends. Things could have been easier several times along the way but then I would not have been as strong. I don't think dwelling too much on "might have been's" is a good idea though. How does that saying go? "Yesterday is just a memory. Tomorrow is just a dream. All we have is today."
Old 10-08-2011, 01:47 PM

I wouldn't have broken up with my high school sweetheart.