Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
I've been attacked with a case of grumpy-itis >

I've been attacked with a case of grumpy-itis

I've been attacked with a case of grumpy-itis

Old 09-21-2011, 07:14 AM

Sounds like the change of life to me and there are meds that help/
Old 09-21-2011, 07:29 AM
Power Poster

Oh that sounds just like me when I went through the change. Luckily I had friends that were going through the same thing and helped me through this difficult phase. My poor DH was a saint through it all. I went on hormones and returned back to my happy self! Good luck and keep trying things until you find what works for you.
Old 09-21-2011, 07:34 AM

You might get your blood pressure checked out. I could always tell when my husband wasn't taking his blood pressure pills. He wanted to argue about everything. Getting mad over things that usually would not bother him. Just a thought.
Old 09-21-2011, 07:56 AM

I heard this once and I really try to follow it; I can't tell you how many times it has stopped me from saying something I shouldn't:

Try the acronym T.H.I.N.K. the next time you are not sure whether or not you should say something -

T- It is Truthful?
H - Is it Helpful?
I - Is is Inspiring?
N - Is it Necessary
K - Is it Kind?
Old 09-21-2011, 07:59 AM

I agree with the exercise 100%. Makes a huge difference for me. My family has become more supportive of my getting some mommy exercise time, now that they understand it helps me be healthier and less grumpy.
Old 09-21-2011, 08:11 AM

I had that for about a year. I had gone off my hormones, couldn't afford them. Also I was on Wellbutrin. I thought it wasn't working any more and was planning to see my doctor about it. Well I figured out that I wasn't taking it every day. What a difference taking it daily makes. I cringe when I think about the things I said and did during that year. Luckily people were more gracious than I deserved.
Old 09-21-2011, 08:14 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by vharris
I heard this once and I really try to follow it; I can't tell you how many times it has stopped me from saying something I shouldn't:

Try the acronym T.H.I.N.K. the next time you are not sure whether or not you should say something -

T- It is Truthful?
H - Is it Helpful?
I - Is is Inspiring?
N - Is it Necessary
K - Is it Kind?
Worth remembering -
Old 09-21-2011, 09:45 AM

You sound so much like me before I discovered I was diabetic and got my blood sugar regulated. I am mostly regulated now, after several years, but when the blood sugar gets a little high, I get unhappy and grouchy. Have to watch it every day.
Hope this is not your problem, but if you have not been checked, I encourage you to do so.

Wall Warmer
Old 09-21-2011, 10:06 AM

I'm not sure its the "think before you speak" idea...I think it's something medical. Need to check with doctocr.
Old 09-21-2011, 10:19 AM

I had that same problem. My doctor did hormone levels and we found that it wasn't the usual estrogen/progresterone levels so much as other hormone levels that were down (vitamin D, DHEA which is a precursor to estrogen etc.) So maybe ask him to expand his list of tests to include as many hormones as possible. I am now on hormones and cannot even express how much better I feel and look not to mention that everyone around me is happier now too :)