Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
I've been attacked with a case of grumpy-itis >

I've been attacked with a case of grumpy-itis

I've been attacked with a case of grumpy-itis

Old 09-21-2011, 06:01 PM

Have you had your blood sugar checked lately? A lady that I worked with was the sweetest person you could ever want to meet. Over a period of about two months, she became very grumpy and just right down mean. I ask her if she had a doctor's appointment any time soon and she did. I told her to get her blood sugar checked. She came back a few days later and told me I had saved her life. Her sugar was over 350. After getting on medicine she was back to old sweet self.

Hope you are better soon!
Old 09-21-2011, 06:45 PM

Yeah, some days I wake up grumpy, and other days I let him sleep.
Old 09-21-2011, 07:58 PM

I think it would be wise to have a talk with your gynocologist and see about putting you on an anti-depressant. Whether it's stress or menopause, they really do help. I take a generic for Prozac and my DD takes Efexor. Helps to keep us on an even keel...
Old 09-21-2011, 08:13 PM

I have been told by my physician that caffeine, alcohol, and sugar aggravate this...I myself am considering the low dose antidepressants, I can't do hormone replacement due to being high risk for breast cancer, I have had two lumpectomies already. Handled it really well with excercise, and destressing until my periods reached the point that they are now totally irregular and have a mind of their own...I will beat this!!!! Here's to all of us, at least we have each other :)
Old 09-21-2011, 08:44 PM

Originally Posted by Kooklabell
I take Effexor XR - really helped with mood/anxiety/sleeping and no sweats!!! I just got tired of the roller coaster every month. The medication is an anti-depressant.
I took it for several years and my doctor took me off it a few months ago. The first couple months were awful but now I am taking a couple Xanax (not sure of the spelling) every night and am doing better. I have been extremely cranky this week so maybe it is something in the air!
Old 09-22-2011, 04:09 AM

I haven't read all of the responses yet, but I know "from whence you come." Stress wil do it. That combined with even the slightest health problem like issues with allergies from the seasonal changes, digestive upset, etc. Just a few weeks ago I was under a lot of stress and going through some health tests. When the storm was over, my DH told me how "hard" I had been on him. Thankfully he said it with a chuckle. My "advice" is that you step back, get a bird's eye view of the situation, and probably drop a few projects for a while.
Old 09-22-2011, 05:05 AM

I think I'll work on excerse several times a week, cut down on the sugar and caffeine for now.

I've gone to the dr for similiar sypmtoms over the last couple years and haven't had much postiive response. It's basically "well, it's just the time of your life"

It's so annoying the dr's don't take these symptoms seriously. They brush me off and tell me to lose weight.
Old 09-22-2011, 06:06 AM

Originally Posted by charity-crafter
I've gone to the dr for similiar sypmtoms over the last couple years and haven't had much postiive response. It's basically "well, it's just the time of your life"

It's so annoying the dr's don't take these symptoms seriously. They brush me off and tell me to lose weight.
Do you have the option of looking for a different doctor?
My doctor left the medical center I was going to. I did not like the replacement but put up with her. Then a customer mentioned Dr L. I found out where she was now practicing and went there. I'm so much happier.
Old 09-23-2011, 07:41 AM

Hormones. I get like this sometimes too and if I sit back long enough to evaluate everything it all boils down to chemical changes in my body.
Old 10-01-2011, 03:25 PM

I was so sad when this happened to me. Unfortunately, the time we become menopausal is also the time that we begin to see losses in our lives. I lost my husband, then my mom was very ill and died and my nest emptied. I was mad at everybody and everything and my fuse was short. I was ashamed of my behavior and attitude.

Don't beat yourself. Under these circumstances you're doing the best you can. I prayed a lot and asked others to pray for me as well. I do believe it helped me. You make your best effort then let Him do the rest. It will get better. I promise.

Dinah