Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Jan 2012 Weight Loss Adventure With A Prize! - the winners were Jholm and Purplemem >

Jan 2012 Weight Loss Adventure With A Prize! - the winners were Jholm and Purplemem

Jan 2012 Weight Loss Adventure With A Prize! - the winners were Jholm and Purplemem

Old 01-28-2012, 04:28 AM

Thanks for the website. It looks like it has some good useful info on it. I read some of it. I will have to go back to it when I have more time to read it all. I am off to WW for my weekly weigh in.
Old 01-28-2012, 05:28 AM

Ladies, I will post the link for the February's weight loss group tomorrow night or Monday morning I am working all weekend. Both days will be 12 hours shifts.

I will post a winner on Feb 2nd so don't forget to PM me your weight loss on the 1st of Feb. Please put your weight loss in the subject line.

Pam thanks for sharing the link. I looked at it briefly and like what I saw. Saved the link so I can go back and read more.

MJ - that is great news you made the 6 minute walk. They use that as a tool and when you get close to being done they may do it again to see if there is an improvement.

Missy enjoy your trip and congrats on meeting your goal.

Remember if you want a jump start on sending your FQ for February, it is your choice of FQ, please send good quality. If you need the po box to send to, send me a PM.

Have an awesome day, remember drink your water, eat your protein and veggies.
Old 01-28-2012, 08:02 AM

Originally Posted by bubble951 View Post
is this on a month basis? When can you sign up? Thanks
yes this is on a monthly basis. I will post the new month on Monday and you will have until the 3rd of Feb to sign up. Then mail a FQ of choice to my po box. Once you sign up send me a pm or send now for mailing address. FQ should be received by the 10th of the month.

PLease do join us. we are here for support and encouragement.
Old 01-28-2012, 09:49 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by createfourpaws View Post
yes this is on a monthly basis. I will post the new month on Monday and you will have until the 3rd of Feb to sign up. Then mail a FQ of choice to my po box. Once you sign up send me a pm or send now for mailing address. FQ should be received by the 10th of the month.

PLease do join us. we are here for support and encouragement.
I think I will sign up this next month also.Now that I found you all again.I see the rules are a little different from last summer. Gotta remember that. Thanks Mary
Old 01-28-2012, 11:09 AM

Originally Posted by lawsonmugs View Post
I think I will sign up this next month also.Now that I found you all again.I see the rules are a little different from last summer. Gotta remember that. Thanks Mary
Mary,
We have only 2 major changes, first being need to check in weekly and 2nd being mailing the FQ at the beginning of the month. We have had several months before the change where there were about 30 people sign up and the winner only received about a 12 - 15 FQ's. Some of us felt that was unfair to the winner who would expect to receive 29 and only get a small amount.

Hope that helps you understand the change.
Old 01-28-2012, 12:43 PM

Good afternoon!
I am sore from my little walk yesterday but still going strong. Glad to see Missy check in. Mary L, glad to see you back. I think we are a stronger group now, we seem much more motivated. I'm still losing, I've passed the 10 lb mark for the month. WW is really working well for me and I don't have to take any more diuretics, a major change! The salt-free diet and the movement is keeping the fluid down, a great help to breathing.

Cindy, you are up for a tough weekend. Be sure to rest and de-stress to take care of yourself.
Judy, are you and the girls out walking? It is a beautiful day here with a high of 60 and me and dh are going for a short walk. What sweet words, short walk!

Meanmom-I hope you do well on your weigh-in, your success is OUR success as it motivates us to do better, too. If you hadn't signed up to lead the way I don't know if I would have.

Everyone keep on walking, movement prevents blood clots and you don't want to go there! Trust me!
Old 01-28-2012, 03:59 PM

MJ, you got it - walking the furgirls and shoveling snow. 23 degrees and blowing snow. My driveway fills up because of the wind currents caused by my roofline and an adjacent pine tree. I think we only have about 4 inches of new snow. I had 8 to 11 in most of the drive. Luckily, it's not too long a drive but it is wide. I'm the greeter at church tomorrow so I decided I'd better get a path open then I ended up doing the whole thing. Lily and Moira walked for 1.5 miles then played while I shoveled. Both were strays in the winter so I don't let them get too cold, but they are well furred dogs, not little humans. 23 isn't cold. Congrats on going out for a walk, no matter the distance. Nothing beats fresh air. I can't join some of my friends walking the perimeter of Meijer's or the halls of the Jr/Sr HS complex. Stale heated air or unchanging scenery doesn't do it for me.

I've lost three pounds this week so I guess I will stay with protein for breakfast for a while. Wednesday is February 1st. Can I drop three more so I can meet my personal goal?? I'd settle for two so all the holiday weight would be gone. I can do a 'new' one or two next month.

I found a much sturdier cabinet for my little quilting machine at SA yesterday. It will need some wood added inside to make it the right height. Do I really need another project? Plus, it came from a smoker's house and I need to deal with that before I work near it.

Cindy, I can't believe you're doing 12 hour days so soon after returning to work. You go, girl. I assume you have Monday off.

Mary, are you on cruise control until the first so you'll have a better chance of winning next month? I would be, but you may not be as devious as I am. I try to remember every pound off is 4 pounds of pressure off my knees (and I assume my fused ankles) so even losing small amounts of weight improves our health.

I am losing weight and getting healthier.
Judy
Old 01-28-2012, 04:13 PM

My weigh in at WW was today I was only down 0.8 lbs. Not as good as I would have liked but at least the scale moved in the right direction. I did not meet my personal goal for the month but at least I am down. Yes every pound lost is good. Aslo good for my bad knee. I had Synovist shots which helped a lot but there is still the problem of my torn meniscus. The doctor would prefer not to do anything to it unless absolutely necessary. It is ok for not only certain things seem to hurt it. MJ YEs WW does work especially if you follow it. I haven't been tracking faithfully lately. Back on the wagon tomorrow. Good luck to everyone.
Old 01-28-2012, 04:56 PM

I found a website that has a spreadsheet for your WW points and will figure the WW points for any recipe.
Bonanza!
http://weight-watchers.blogspot.com/...rs-points.html

I used both of these spreadsheets, work just great as long as you have Excel 2003 on your computer.
This really helped me.
Old 01-28-2012, 05:06 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by createfourpaws View Post
Mary,
We have only 2 major changes, first being need to check in weekly and 2nd being mailing the FQ at the beginning of the month. We have had several months before the change where there were about 30 people sign up and the winner only received about a 12 - 15 FQ's. Some of us felt that was unfair to the winner who would expect to receive 29 and only get a small amount.

Hope that helps you understand the change.
Sounds great. Where do we send the FQ too? PM me. Thanks Mary