Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
January 2014  Weight loss Adventure with a PRIZE!!!! >

January 2014 Weight loss Adventure with a PRIZE!!!!

January 2014 Weight loss Adventure with a PRIZE!!!!

Old 01-25-2014, 06:30 AM

We are redoing some things in the kitchen. I picked out counter tops and was supposed to go pick out tile for the backsplash today. It's not going to happen. We have 4 inches of new snow this morning and it is blowing around like crazy. It is warmer today 20 degrees but really high winds so the snow is drifting and blowing back on the roads. I am making a cup of hot chocolate and heading to my sewing room. I will shop some other day.
I need to get back to my exercise routine. Not only is my weight loss stalled my knees are bothering me. Everyone stay warm in this crazy weather and eat healthy.
Old 01-27-2014, 04:43 AM

Y'all losing weight for me yet? Cause I'm not. Just returned from a retreat. Hanging in there but I'm not even in the running for Jan. I do have high hopes.
Old 01-27-2014, 06:58 AM
Power Poster

This cold and snow has to stop. I want to just cuddle up and snack. I am getting a lot of sewing/quilting done. If I stay in my sewing room I am good.
Old 01-27-2014, 02:47 PM

The cold makes me want to eat and sleep and do nothing! I'm not bragging, but last night after church, our son and DIL asked us over after church. They ordered pizza! I stopped at the grocery store on our way over and bought stuff to make myself a salad. I'm happy to say, I did not eat one bite of pizza. It smelled delicious, but I knew one bite would not be enough. I drank some water, ate my salad and a protein bar I had in my purse and I was satisfied.

Today I have stayed on my plan and am almost finished with all my water. The temp is dropping again and it's hard to get my water in when I'm cold. I will go weigh in tomorrow and hopefully will be down from last week. I'm working on losing what I gained over the Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays. I've got to stop this yo-yoying.

On a quilting note, I'm getting closer to finishing my cousin's daughter's quilt. I probably would be finished by now, but hated the thought of starting the quilting part and started playing with some New York Beauty blocks. haha When I get them downloaded from my camera, I'll post some pictures.

Well, guess I'll shut up now and go do something productive. haha Have a great rest of the day everyone!
Old 01-27-2014, 11:05 PM
Power Poster

Cindy your parents are in my prayers. I haven't wrote in a while, but always thinking of everyone. Just so many things me and my husband have been up to. My sugar is been higher than it has in a long time, so I have not been doing well. I have been trying to get back on track, but it's been difficult for some reason. I have been back to counting my calories, and eating healthy for the past two days. That isn't long, but it's a start. I think I may be suffering some from the short days of winter. I take meds for clinical depression that I will always be on, because my chemistry gets off after so long without them , but I think they have been more so with the short days like when they say you may need to use one of those light boxes. That would bother me too though with lupus. lol.. Anyway, I am here to add my two cents, but never got sent off any skinny/quarters etc. So for now, I am here to be part of this thread, but not for any winnings. My winnings is to just be here. lol... Does that make sense?
Old 01-28-2014, 04:40 AM

Cindy your parents are in my prayers. It is so hard keeping up with aging parents. I am off of school again today due to the cold. It is dangerous for the kids to stand out at the bus stop. Most of the schools here are closed. It is -10 with a wind chill of minus 20. I might not leave the house today. I do have a dr appt this afternoon. I have been getting a lot of sewing done with the cold and snowy weather. I have my disappearing pinwheel quilt almost finished. I am putting the final border on today. I used scraps to make the border and I'm not sure it is long enough. I will have to improvise and come up with something if it is short. I will dig in my stash later for a back for it.
Everyone stay warm. I hear there is going to be snow in the south too.
Old 01-28-2014, 07:23 PM

JuneBillie, my full spectrum light doesn't bother my Lupus - not at all like sunshine does. The year I had to stay in the winter, it was a Godsend.

Pat, what did you choose for countertops? That will be next as soon as the new flooring is finished. If I don't want granite, the choices seem limited. Our schools have been closed, too. I haven't heard anything about make up days, but there have been so many off days, I see it coming.

My weight is stuck again. If seeing my thick waistline in the mirror doesn't motivate me, I don't know what will.

Feeling headachy. My friend has had the flu and worried that I might catch it from him. I told him I don't do such things. I hope I was right. Maybe just too much sanding dust and off gassing of the new floor. I chose vinyl planks because laminate seemed too slick for my dogs. It's very pretty. We'll see how it holds up. My water softener went berserk and ruined the floors in four rooms. No, three, but the 4t connects to #3 so the new floor had to continue.

Good night, all.
Old 01-28-2014, 08:05 PM

I have quartz counter tops in my kitchen and I LOVE them! Love them so much I put quartz in my bathroom too. The only think to worry about with them is that rough stone can scratch it. Say, for instance, the bottom of the crock pot. I had a very fine scratch but it seems to be gone now. I suppose from repeatedly wiping the counter.
Water damage sucks. Sorry that happened to you Irishrose. Been there, done that, twice.
Old 01-29-2014, 03:16 AM
Power Poster

Irishrose thanks for that info on the light. I may look into that.

So many pretty quilts on here, and lots of busy people.

It is 1 degree this morning with a wind chill of way below zero.
Old 01-29-2014, 09:09 AM

I hadn't posted any tips in a while. Here is one for today

Popcorn is a whole grain! Pop a bag of low-fat or fat-free popcorn for a healthier snack. 3 cups equals 1 oz. of grains.