Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
January 2014  Weight loss Adventure with a PRIZE!!!! >

January 2014 Weight loss Adventure with a PRIZE!!!!

January 2014 Weight loss Adventure with a PRIZE!!!!

Old 01-29-2014, 04:23 PM

I would like to have put in granite or quartz counter tops in the kitchen. They just weren't within my budget. I am getting laminate. Home Depot and LOwes have tons of choices. I am getting Formica brand. It looks a lot like granite. I can do the laminate 3x before I pay for granite and quartz. They are almost black with grey in them. I did convince my DH that we need different tile on the backsplash too. I have the tile picked out, just need my contractor to measure it accurately and we need to figure out how to go around the window. I can't wait.
I finished my disappearing pinwheel quilt last night I found a back for it. Now to layer and quilt it. I will donate it to the pregnancy center if I can finish it in time for their fundraiser in early March.
I am bored with food. I need to come up with some new things for lunch. Today I had leftover turkey, mango, peppers celery and apples all chopped up together. I added a little bit of FF mayo. It was good. I will have to try something else for tomorrow.
It was minus 10 this morning again.
Old 01-29-2014, 08:03 PM

I tried a new soup I heard about on facebook. It is so good!! Even my hubby loved it. I hope this link works.
http://www.favfamilyrecipes.com/2014...agic-soup.html
Old 01-29-2014, 10:42 PM

I have some samples here from the WilsonArt company from Lowe's -same as Formica. I have never had any other kind of countertop, but I like Formica. I may the one person who doesn't want granite. I couldn't find any laminate I liked at Home Depot. I'll look again because it's local and Lowe's is 50 miles away which complicates purchases that won't fit in my car.

Keep warm,everyone.
Old 01-30-2014, 08:14 AM

Today's tip:

Boneless chicken breasts are great for quick stir-fries -- add peppers, onion, garlic, ginger...and red pepper flakes if you like heat!
Old 01-30-2014, 03:29 PM

Pam the soup sounds yummy. I will have to make it we eat a lot of soup during the winter. Irish it is so hard to pick a counter top from those little samples they have. I took 4 of any that looked interesting and laid them out together. If you go to the Formica website they will send you 5 12x12 samples for free. I sent 5 to me and 5 to DH shop.
We do a running program every year at school that leads up to running the final mile of a local marathon. The kids love it. We had about 50 do it last year. I was surprised that 30 actually came the day of the race. I enjoy doing it. We start tomorrow. They are supposed to run 25 miles before the race and the last mile at the race. They all get medals. We start tomorrow. This means I have to get up early 2 days a week.
Old 01-31-2014, 08:23 AM

February Thread is now posted, here is the link.

http://www.quiltingboard.com/general...ml#post6546214

Don't forget to PM me your weight loss for the month.
Old 02-02-2014, 03:18 PM

it has been a very quite weekend here and on the new thread. Hope everyone is doing well.
Old 02-02-2014, 04:52 PM

I'm trying to stay warm! It's freezing rain, sleeting and sometimes snowing here in Northeast Arkansas. The roads are getting bad so a lot of churches including mine have cancelled evening services. I've also been working on a quilt. I don't like much having it ready to bind. I'll be so glad when it's finished.

As far as food...I'm staying on my eating plan and drinking some coffee. It's hard to drink my water when I'm cold, but I'm doing it. I would really like to eat and sleep through all this cold mess, but I know I'd regret it once the sun comes back out. haha

I hope everyone is safe out there if you're having bad winter weather. Our local law enforcement is encouraging everyone to stay inside and off the streets. I can still hear the sleet hitting on the side of the house. Brrrrr! Think I'll go drink something warm.

Debbie
Old 02-02-2014, 06:44 PM

I have been out with the flu all week. Don't know about my weight loss. The battery died on my scale and I do not have the energy to go out and buy one. I don't think I lost much cause I think i gained before I got sick.

My newest Grandson, Caleb Austin, was born May 29th. I am now Grandma to 4 precious babies. I am so blessed!!!!
Old 02-02-2014, 06:51 PM

We traveled to Iowa this weekend for a baby shower and my family's Christmas. Everyone else was probably getting ready for the Super Bowl. Here's the quilt I made form my niece's baby.
Attached Thumbnails image.jpg   image.jpg