Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • June 2012 Weight Loss adventure with a prize!!!! >
  • June 2012 Weight Loss adventure with a prize!!!!

• June 2012 Weight Loss adventure with a prize!!!!

Old 06-22-2012, 01:22 PM

Ooooohhhh, there is rhubarb cake on my table. My neighbor was baking and she shared. I have looked at, looked at, but haven't eaten. There are 4 pieces - Mom and DH wouldn't know if one was missing. But I would. I told myself this morning "if you want to loose weight, you will have to shut the mouth". Darn and now there is cake.

I have gotten creative again. Saw a pattern for a "tea cozy/wallet" in CA and decided it was just to cute to leave it alone. So I made one today. I don't drink tea so will be a gift for a friend who loves watermelon fabrics. This might be nice stocking stuffers for Christmas also. To many ideas.
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]343952[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]343953[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails tea-cozy-001.jpg   tea-cozy-002.jpg  
    Old 06-22-2012, 03:10 PM

Tomorrow is your feast day - I see the last piece of rhubarb cake being part of your breakfast. The tea cozy is a cute idea. I want White Chicken Chili for dinner but with the 301's plug repaired, I'd rather sew than cook. Decisions, decisions. Another minor decision is my hair color. I'm not coloring it red anymore, even though that was my natural pre gray color. I thought I was going to let it go gray, but I'm it's getting very visible and I'm not very happy. I truly can't imagine me with gray hair, though I do like it on others. Any thoughts on a dark golden blonde -close to light brown? I can't buy light brown - for some reason they become very dark on my hair and dark isn't becoming for me.
    Off to walk my furgirls - they are so sweet to wait all day, though Lily did open the door and go for a romp earlier. No harm done with that one loose, just not allowed.

Eat clean (so far, so good today), move your body (coming) and drink lots of water (). Have a good evening.
    Old 06-22-2012, 07:08 PM

Originally Posted by irishrose
    Di, I did that on my first one, but I was able to recut the needed one from the wrong one. At least the one I needed was smaller. Yours is gorgeous and no one will notice if you don't point it out. Are you going to birth it? I haven't been brave enough. The Pellon fleece is a 45" wide interfacing and is sold with the interfacings, not the battings, at least at JoAnn's. So far I've only quilted with little loops running down each color, but it seems to keep with the swirl effect.

Sassey, do you have Cindy's address? You and I are going to be the last one mailing this month. Mine is going out tonight or tomorrow. If you 'have' to buy chips when they aren't taboo, then get the smallest bags. The ones that were 3/$1, but recently went to $.50. I have given them up, but I used to buy single servings so I couldn't just go grab another handful. I want ice cream right now, but I'm settling for a cup of coffee and some grapes. I don't drink coffee and I don't like grapes so why that combo???????
    You better watch telling what you are wanting..... it might become next weeks taboo and you will want it that much more!!!!! LOL LOL LOL PamS
    Old 06-22-2012, 07:09 PM

Just kidding
    Old 06-22-2012, 07:31 PM

That would be a 'good' taboo for the summer. Cetainly keeps us aware of where we are 'falling off the wagon'. BTW, thank you for continuing to do these. I do have a bag of chips in the cupboard - rice and bean, but still not baked. So far, so good on those. You've got to watch those healthier sounding ones. The fat is still there.

My foot that was attacked by the falling book yesterday didn't think much of walking out on concrete, but we made it at least 1 1/2 miles. I expect it will be better tomorrow if I stay out of stores except to pick up some hair color. Did y'all decide on a color for me?

Back to the machine. SITD is such fun.
    Old 06-22-2012, 07:53 PM

tomorrow i WILL start my spiral. tonight i sat out in a baseball stadium in a thunderstorm waiting for the rain to stop. not a fool, just an optimist. finally, they called the game. now we have tickets for july 5th when it's take your dog to sports day. yesterday the ladies went to the vet. they have all their shots. both have parasites and are being wormed and treated for fleas. they also had baths last night. neither one is interested in eating today, so we will let them eat it tomorrow!( or tonight, since it's still on the kitchen floor). the mgr at the large chain store pet store has graciously decided to give me a new pkg of cat flea stuff since i paid for it, but didn't get it, altho' i can't prove that. hard to prove you don't have something because it's not there. i will pick it up on saturday when i pick up monkey's ear medicine. she is a cocker spaniel and they have crummy ears, often.
    judy-- i had an aunt who looked wonderful as a blonde at age 70, so you have many years to knock 'em dead as a blonde! i'm waiting for mine to turn white. my older sister has the most beautiful sparkling white hair. mine is dingy gray with some white streaks, and a receding hairline. i'm ok with the gray and white, but will be happier when it goes all white. then i can get a purple tint like mrs. slocum.
    Old 06-22-2012, 08:00 PM

p.s. sorry about your foot judy!
    Old 06-23-2012, 04:01 AM

Everose you spicy spiral is beautiful. I would never have noticed the missing piece if you hadn't pointed it out. It looks fine as it is. I have been just sewing the backing and batting to the spiral and turning them right side out. It seemed so much easier and faster than taking the binding around all those curves. It has worked out fine. I have quilted mine with an all over meander on one. On another one I did feathers and kinda followed the shape of each color. It was my first attempt at feathers and it looks pretty good. Just experiment.
    Irish since your hair is naturally red how about an ash blond with just a hint of red. My hair is naturally dark brown but I have to be really careful when I dye it or I end up with nearly black hair and it just looks so fake. The color sample in the store is a medium brown but on my hair it comes out dark brown. I had some really weird colors before I settled on this one. Good luck!
    I have seen several weight loss shows and articles lately that say you shouldn't deny yourself treats. Just a small treat, not the whole cake. I do find I do better this way. If I don't eat the treat occasionally I just eat more colories of other stuff trying to satisfy myself.
    Good eating and lots of water to all.
    Pat
    Old 06-23-2012, 04:18 AM

I love making tablerunners. Where can I get the swirl pattern? I have made bargello wallhangings but never anything that this.
    Looking forward the the July wt. loss challeng.
    Old 06-23-2012, 08:19 AM

http://phillipsfiberart.danemcoweb.c...p/product/STP/ Here's the pattern. You need a 9 or 10 degree ruler, too. Cheryl sells the 10 degree. My LQS has the pattern and ruler.

Morning all. I've decided on a dark golden blonde - can't go ash with my golden skin. I may have some interesting spots as I currently have silver roots, gray patches, ends and blotches of several shades of red, etc. I can't continue with this growing out process. If I add any red, it will take too much on the red parts, so it will be straight up out of the box. I can go lighter blonde later then let it grow out without the red in there. Wish me luck.

Lovely sunny day here. A perfect day to follow my plan to eat clean.