Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
June 2012 Weight Loss adventure with a prize!!!! >

June 2012 Weight Loss adventure with a prize!!!!

June 2012 Weight Loss adventure with a prize!!!!

Old 06-23-2012, 10:24 AM

Thank you irishrose. I may have the ruler but haven't had time to search for it.
Today is a good day for watermelon while sitting in the porch swing!
Old 06-23-2012, 11:39 AM

ok, konnie-- i'll be right over!! i am hankering for watermelon and sweet corn on the cob! when it's in season that's all i eat. i don't add anything, but a little salt, and away i go, into euphoria! better than any drug, lol. i'll go for the watermelon now and the corn later! my lqs had neither the pattern nor the ruler, but they did order the ruler special for me. i think quilt-in-a-day has it for nearly half what i paid. still i'm glad i have it, and today IS the day i'm starting mine. everose, irish and meanmom, be prepared for more questions!!
Old 06-23-2012, 11:55 AM

Afternoon ladies!!! I want to tell you that rhubarb cake was GREAT!!! I ate one piece for supper last night. I didn't pick the smallest piece either, but Mom didn't either. I passed up the second piece, didn't even share with DH - he ate it and drooled the whole time. Now I know I will have to get the recipe - thank goodness I don't have rhubarb in our yard or DH would have made it last night.

Started out as a beautiful day. There is a softball tournament in town (460+ teams) from all over the US. Of course it always rains on their weekends. The sky has turned dark and you can smell the rain coming. So I will continue sewing and forget about puttering outside.

Scale was down this morning - WOW! If I continue to shut the mouth, I wonder if it would help more. Oh that's right I just had a cheesecake square. I really needed something crunchy, but settled for this instead.

More talking about the property in Michigan. Now I really have to start sewing more or stop buying fabric. We will probably take a "road trip" in the next couple months to look at the property. SIL & BIL went through it last week and had great comments and drawing to look at. Keep us in your prayers. If it is to be, it will be.

Take care - be good to you. And like Irish says drink that water - it really helps. (Just read that hot water is better for you.)
Old 06-25-2012, 09:55 AM

Everose if you get the recipe for the rhubarb cake I would love it. We have a lot of rhubarb in our yard.
Old 06-25-2012, 05:48 PM

Taboo Tues.....Posting Early so I won't forget!!!!!! This week eat more fiber and/or grains. Hope that's not a repeat. Hope everyone had a great week on program and got lots of sewing done ......and lots of exercise. Drink your water. Take time to do something for yourself and remember the others on this board.
PamS
Old 06-25-2012, 05:59 PM

Peanut Butter Cookies Sugar Free..... I know some of you don't do sweetners but I made these with splenda and they are great don't know the calorie count but they are good.
2 eggs beaten, 2 cups peanut butter, 2 cups splenda bulk, a cap full of vanilla. Roll in small ball a little bigger than a big marble and then criss cross with a fork. Bake for 15 min at 350 degrees. I got 30 cookies. Let them cool on the cookie sheet they kind of crumbled when they were hot. Oh and I sprayed cookie sheet with cooking spray. I used canola spray. They can be made with sugar too. Another note..... I thought this isn't going to work but the more you mix them they get thicker and you can roll them...I almost put some flour in them, but by the time I got to the flour they were starting to get thicker...mixed them with my hand not a mixer.
PamS
Old 06-26-2012, 10:39 AM

Hi Everyone!!
I hope you are all watching what you are eating and at least attempting to be "good"
I've had a tough couple of days. We have labs. We lost Anna, about 21 months ago. We still have Nali, her sister, who turned 14 a couple days ago. Then we had Kea, Kea was Anna's pup and would have turned 10 in September. Well, Nali is getting pretty feeble, very old. She's deaf and can't see hardly at all but she "looks" great. Kea was full of energy and spunk and loved lots of attention. If you saw her you would swear that she was maybe 3 years old, still a bit of "puppy" in her. Well, we realize that Nali could leave us any time and worried about Kea since she has never been an "only" dog. Nali has never been an only dog, we got her and Anna when they were 8 weeks old. On Sunday we came home from a full day of Church activities to find Kea dead in the back yard. She was her normal self in the morning, jumping all over until she got her breakfast. We have no idea what happened. When Jim went to feed them at 7:30 it looked like Kea was just asleep under the Lime tree. He went over there and found her gone and stiff already. There was no sign of anything, no diarrhea, vomiting, no foaming at the mouth. No wound or blood, no sign of a struggle. Our best guess is that she just laid down to nap and had a heart attack or something. That dog had NEVER been to the vet with any kind of injury or sickness, only regular check ups. We knew of nothing wrong with her. Her mother Anna did not have any heart problems at all, only some issues with her thyroid, not bad issues either. Anna did have a very tender tummy and we learned early on that she could only eat dog food.
Needless to say, we are heart broken. We thought we would lose Nali soon, and still may but Kea would be with us for a few more years. We were concerned how she would do being alone. Now we could lose Nali any time and we would be dogless for the first time in 24 years. Nali is way way too old to bring in another puppy. We had considered getting another puppy after Nali was gone to keep Kea company. DH is wondering if we should just pass the dog raising down to our kids now and not get another. We have plenty of time to think about that. Any way, it has been hard on me, so sudden. At least it appears that she did not suffer at all. Dh said that she looked very peaceful and just like she was asleep.
It has helped that we have our grand daughter to babysit for yesterday and today. Jim was home yesterday but at work today. I am enjoying holding and playing with Naomi. She is the most beautiful baby ever, so happy too. She has the cutest smile and brightest eyes!!!

Nali is in the house and follows me all over the down-stairs every time I get up. I know she's missing her pal. I'm sure she is grieving. I know she grieved when her sister died. Poor girl!!!!

My newest Grandson, Caleb Austin, was born May 29th. I am now Grandma to 4 precious babies. I am so blessed!!!!

Last edited by Jim's Gem; 06-26-2012 at 12:28 PM.
Old 06-26-2012, 11:50 AM

jim'sgem-- i am so sorry for your loss. losing a pet is so painful. have you tried the shelters to see if there is a 3yr old or similar that needs a home? you can wait and get the puppy later. i have never been without a dog! or a cat for that matter. they are as necessary as air to me. my heart breaks for you.
Old 06-26-2012, 01:55 PM

Oooohhh Gayle, my thoughts are with you. When we had to put Commander down, I thought it would be easy as he had been so sick. But I think I cried the hardest. Of course, I was the one to feed him, water him and get him outside. So we have been animal-less for over 3 years. But now I have a yard that I can walk out into and enjoy. Mom would love a cat, but DH is NOT a cat person at all. So goes it. But Nancia is right, try the animal shelters.

I can just see you holding and playing with Naomi. You are such a great grandma. The memories you are making are priceless.
Old 06-26-2012, 04:17 PM

Gayle, I am crying with you. Our furgirls/boys leave pawprints on our hearts, that's for sure. When I lost my precious Mia, I was heartbroken, then I lost Sasha two years later. Lily and Moira are rescues adopted at 2 1/2 and 1 1/2. I'm too old for puppies, but not too old for furgirls as long as I can walk. A gentle adult female Lab mix would fit in with your older dog. I put Sasha down on a Saturday morning and was at the shelter looking for another dog by Monday afternoon. Sashie wanted me to be happy. Lily has a long story I will share with you some other time. Just know for now, my thoughts and prayers are with you.
Judy

The red quilt is finished and delivered - my daughter loved it. I will celebrate by not overeating this evening - my bad time. Pictures later.