Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
June 2012 Weight Loss adventure with a prize!!!! >

June 2012 Weight Loss adventure with a prize!!!!

June 2012 Weight Loss adventure with a prize!!!!

Old 06-11-2012, 09:06 PM

meanmom, pardon my manners. Your post was full of good news and I didn't congratulate you. Consider it done. 40 pounds gone and good numbers at the doctor's office and a new bathing suit. What a gratifying feeling for all your hard work to show.

GD is making a pieced pillow for her birth father for Father's Day after I specificially asked for her not to bring any sewing projects other than her yoyos. She was just told that one meltdown will result in the fabrics being packed. I gave her a sewing machine to have at home and she can figure it out there. I'm not putting up with the drama she put us both through last summer with her quilt.
Old 06-12-2012, 03:30 AM

Wow Nancia. That is a great quilt top. I like doing things that are different, not on the pattern. Irish, hopefully you GD has matured enough at age 14 to quit the throwing fits. Good luck with the sewing project. Does she have a pattern for the pieced pillow? I hope it isn't too difficult. I think it is great that she wants to learn to sew and quilt. There aren't a lot of kids interested in that these days. My DD wants help with a sewing project too. We just need to get together to do it. She lives about 3 miles from me. It is hard to sew with a 2 year old around. He helps too much.
Thanks for the congratulations. It does feel good to have all of my hard work exercising and eating right pay off not only in the mirror but at the doctors office too. My SIL has a family pool party every JUly 4th. I will be the only one there whose weight is down. The rest of the family is gaining. I usually lose better in the summer since we have such a big garden with so many yummy things. My DH brought me home a cup full of red raspberries last night. I ate some and saved some for my favorite breakfast. Plain greek yogurt with raspberries, a little splenda and a handfull of fiber one. We also have some corn, greens beans, onions and a few peppers. Can't wait for the tomatoes. In summer I always have projects going around the house. I also tell myself I'm not allowed to use the sewing machine until I do my exercise. Time to hit the elliptical. i am going to try to do an hour today. Healthy eating and lots of exercise and water to all.
Old 06-12-2012, 05:02 AM

I just got the newsletter from the LQS. They are offering a quilt class for a quilt called "A Box of Chocolates." Not sure I really want to make it but I will go to their open house so I can drool on it and lick it. I am sure I will gain weight just looking at it. Sounds yummy!
Old 06-12-2012, 08:10 AM

Taboo Tues. This week try to get exercise 3 x's or more. Maybe a type that you don't usually do. If your not able to exercise maybe some kind of sit and be fit exercise.

Hope I'm not repeating taboos too much... need ideas so please pm me.

Have a good week and hopefully you will be lighter next month, week, day, hour, min. sec.....

PamS

Last edited by Pam 304; 06-12-2012 at 08:29 AM.
Old 06-12-2012, 08:36 AM

Here is a trick (if health allows) place a one pounds cans of food in each of of your pockets,one on the left and one on the right. Carry them around for two or three days. the next 2 or 3 days remove them. check to see how much better you feel. after during this for awhile increase the wt of the cans. Boy did I notice how that exercise made me feel without the extra weight.
Old 06-12-2012, 06:44 PM

meanmom-- you make me laugh! they'd better make that quilt of laminated fabric!!
Old 06-12-2012, 07:40 PM

Greetings everyone! Had a restful 5 days in CA. Caught up with old friends and made new ones. Next year the convention is in Tampa and then the next year Phoenix. Already told DH that we were going.

Really watched what I ate for the first 2 - 3 days. Drank lots of water and walked everywhere. Then I fell off the wagon. Still walked and drank a lot, but all that sitting isn't good for this body. Weighed in heavier this morning than I would have liked to, but will wait until tomorrow to see for sure. My body is now getting back to normal again, I hope.

Nancia, I have picked out fabric for the bargello. Now I have to finish up a few other projects and clean the table off and I'm ready to start. DH doesn't really like the fabrics that I have picked but... (it can always be a gift to someone!!!)

Take care - be good to yourself
Di
Old 06-12-2012, 08:06 PM

trrmite, welcome. That's good advice. I carried a few rocks home in my pockets from a walk in the woods - couldn't have been more than three or four pounds, but I definitely felt it in my knees and ankles. If you need a visual, imagine trying to hide five pounds of butter or lard on your body. Five pounds is a lot and does make a difference.

meanmom, I'm trying not to be difficult with the GD. She is 14 chronologically, but she has ADHD (off meds for summer, which is fine with me) and suffers from depression. I don't want her setting herself up for failure continuously. She was involved in a very ugly divorce at a very early age and is the visitation is still contentious and she magnifies everything so her emotions always run high. In other words, she's a handful and I'm not noted for my patience, but I'm trying.

Pam, no gold star for me last week because I always run short on drinking enough. I will try to squeeze in the Sit and Be Fit TV show three times in the next week. I can't increase the walking. Tonight was an hour. The condition my lower body (back and feet - my knees are okay) is in, that's more than enough. Gayle (Jim's Gem), how are you doing? We haven't heard from you much since you became more mobile. (for newbies, foot surgery and she still lost).
Everose, how was your trip? It's always fun to get away. Edit: We were posting at the same time. I'm glad you're back.

Fabric store report - lots of $5 a yard, lots 25% off and I bought nothing. I might have purchased a purse insert if it hadn't been a sample and not for sale. I have no desire to make one, but would like one for easy switching of purses. I'll check the department stores because I don't care what it's made from.

Off to make HSTs since I can't FMQ. Have a good day tomorrow.
Judy
Old 06-12-2012, 09:17 PM

Irish, thanks for thinking of me. Going thru a little bit of tuff stuff.
My mother has been diagnosed with a rare and aggressive cancer. It was found in her arm first, then they did an MRI and found some in her spine. A biopsy showed that it is the same thing, just metasticised in her spine area. She has been having pain in her back and ribs for a couple months and now they think this is why. Surgery was scheduled for last Friday when they though it was only in her arm, but now that it is in her bones it was cancelled. Chemo does not work on this type so they are doing Radiation to hopefully slow the growth and relieve her of some of her pain. She started radiation today. Six weeks on her spine, four on her arm. She is 82 and had beat a couple of really tough and rare cancers in the past. Not sure this time. Anyway she lives in Mission Viejo, a 100 miles drive from my driveway to hers with Los Angeles in the middle. I will be driving back and forth a bit this summer and until......
My father has serious dementia, he does not understand when we tried to tell him about mom. He has forgotten how to shave and is very confused a lot of the time. My mom is his sole caretaker. We (my 3 brothers and I) are trying to convince my mother to bring in at least a little bit of help. She is very stubborn. I do have one brother that lives near them but the oldest is in Oregon and the youngest is in Idaho.
I am maintaining, which I am happy with. I can get around the house with using a cane occasionally and use a cane to get out. My stamina is still not coming back, that's driving me crazy.
Well, that's long enough for the moment.

My newest Grandson, Caleb Austin, was born May 29th. I am now Grandma to 4 precious babies. I am so blessed!!!!
Old 06-12-2012, 09:19 PM

Oh, and grandbaby number 3 is due Christmas Eve. We are pretty excited about that!!!!

My newest Grandson, Caleb Austin, was born May 29th. I am now Grandma to 4 precious babies. I am so blessed!!!!