Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Kindle Fire Ads Driving You Nutz? >

Kindle Fire Ads Driving You Nutz?

Kindle Fire Ads Driving You Nutz?

Old 07-13-2013, 05:52 AM

I am mad at Amazon because last year someone fraudulently bought 2 kindle books on my account for $200 each and one of them I am certain isn't a real book (the author Was "Som E. Body"). I kept calling them and calling them, stopped counting after 15 calls, never got the same person twice and had to tell the whoe story every time. They were less than helpful, believe me. They would say that they were going to email their fraud dept. I would ask for the number of the fraud dept so that I could contact them directly and would be told "they don't have telephones" which I thought was an insult to my intelligence, or else I want that job. The last time I called, the person was very rude and said that the "Som E. Body" book was definitely a real book. She was so disrespectful that I couldnt bring myself to call again and my bank ended up taking the $400 loss.

That is why I closed my Amazon account, but they own so many of the other web based companies, so is the Nook related to Amazon too?
Old 07-13-2013, 05:53 AM

And I think it is typical for them to try to extract small amounts of money from their customers by making them pay to get rid of adverts.
Old 07-13-2013, 09:21 AM
Power Poster

call Amazon again. they were extremely helpful after I bought my Kindle keyboard. they should do something.
Old 07-14-2013, 08:30 AM

NO, Nook isn't related to Amazon in any way. The reason I chose Nook, I now have 3, the black and white 3G, the color and my latest as of last week, the Nook Tablet HD+ is because they allow you to have multiple formats in books so you can get them from so many places. They are assoicitaed with Barnes and Noble and I've had no problems with them. I have bought everything from cds to movies that I've downloaded onto my tablet and no issues. If possible I would suggest to buy your ereader/tablet from the store rather than places like Best buy only because then you can take your Nook right to the store and get help and if you need to use your warranty they can help. If you get it from somewhere else and need to use the warranty then you have to take it to them. Other than that BnN will help you, the even have classes to teach you added features of the devices. I just got my tablet last week and noticed the charger cord wouldn't stay in. I went to the store but forgot my cord but the guy showed me how tight it should be and when I told him mine wasn't he gave me a new cord right there. Once I had some small charges (under $5) to show up on my account, I emailed BnN and they credited my account right then and there. They also have free apps for most cell phones, tablets, and pcs so you can use these devices if you don't want to get one at the current time.