Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: March weight loss

Blog Entries

March weight loss

March weight loss
    MarchWeight Loss Challenge

March 2015 Weight Loss Adventure with Prize!!
    On March 1st, weigh yourself and write it down. DO NOT send it to me. On March 31st, weigh yourself again and PM me your loss. This is weight lost not percentage lost. I will announce the winner on April 3rd.

The prize is a themed FQ from each member. Once a winner is declared, I will contact the winner and FQ's will be mailed by the 6th.

Private message (PM) me for the mailing address. All FQ's should be mailed by the 15th of the month. You need to check in on the thread at least once a week to be eligible for the winning "skinny quarters aka FQ's" and to be declared the "biggest loser" for the month.

You cannot win 2 months in a row.

Chit Chat is allowed, as wells as WAYWO (what are you working on). Please stay positive and uplifting as possible to keeps us all on track. Share tips, recipes, encouraging words and {{{HUGS}}}
    IN March hopefully spring is on the way. So I think it is the month we should try to renew our commitment to weight loss and our health .We are all so used to doing for others.Remember sometimes it is ok to put yourself first. So lets see how we can play with some your choice of FQ's. Please send quality fabric that you would want to receive in return. As always if you don't have the theme, send what you have. If you don't have a FQ, then send a linear 1/4 yard. If you have signed up to be in the running for the prize, please send your FQ to the hostess by the 15th of the month. As the winner has worked hard for her prize.

Eat healthy, exercise, make wise choices and lose weight but most of all have fun!!!

Sign up deadline to be a part of the PRIZE adventure March 4th at 9 pm cst. You are encourage to contribute to the thread even if you are not in for the prize.

To let me know you are participating just post on the thread and then send a PM for the mailing address. Our FQ theme for March is orange.

Blog Entries
    I already have an orange FQ from the following: meanmom, RaggieMom, Pete, Mary Christine, CindyA, KimmerB, JimsGem, PamH, Leann, MeganC131, PenniF, Jeanne.
    Good luck to everyone.
    Pat

Blog Entries
    Hello meanmom, I'm in again for March. I sent my orange FQ in last month with the purple. Do you have any idea of the colors for April and May? I just want to make sure to stop by the Quilt Store and pick them up the next time I go. Thank you. Do you need me to resend you my info?
    My little shinning stars. Brantley, Kaylynn, and Emmalee
    https://www.quiltinaday.com/eleanora...nontheFarm.asp

I'm in for March.

Count me in for March!

I'm in for March!

My newest Grandson, Caleb Austin, was born May 29th. I am now Grandma to 4 precious babies. I am so blessed!!!!

Blog Entries
    Don't forget to PM me your loss for February. Judith I will have to think about a theme for April and May. Any suggestions?
    Pat

Blog Entries
    I am in for March!!! How about Batiks or Auntie Grace?
    "Love and kindness are never wasted. They always make a difference. They bless the one who receives them, and they bless you, the giver." Barbara De Angelis

Blog Entries
    I will, I will go out tomorrow and weigh myself. No scale at home. I borrow my neighbors. Will pm you tomorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by meanmom View Post
    Don't forget to PM me your loss for February. Judith I will have to think about a theme for April and May. Any suggestions?
    Pat

Pat, something springy and flowery! I'm in for March
    Heather

Already in.....fingers crossed !!! Good luck everyone !!!
    Of all the things i've lost, i miss my mind the most.

I'm in again for the March weight loss. Good luck everyone!!

How about something floral for April?

Blog Entries
    I saw my knee doctor today. He said what I thought he would, not what I hoped he would. There is nothing else he can do for it so i am seeing a different surgeon tomorrow about a total knee replacement. I had pretty much figured that this was what he would tell me. I guess any weight I can get off before surgery is good. I have no idea when he will do it.
    We had some good losses this month. Not me , but I am still the same. I lost 30 pounds about a year ago and have kept most of it off. I just can't seem to get any more to come off. I am back on my program and hope to stay on it this time. I am trying to change it up a little bit and see how that goes.
    I will think about the FQ themes and post it in a couple of days.
    Good luck to everyone.
    Pat

Blog Entries
    I was thinking about FQ themes. Are any of us civil war fabric fans?

RE: Civil War fabrics....i only have a few fqs that were gifted to me....but i like them a lot.

Blog Entries
    I would have to buy civil war prints. Not really a fan. But, I will definitely go with majority vote.

I'm not a real fan of civil war either. But I probably have a couple in my stash that would qualify.
    Floral, Batik, Brights, neutral Batiks, Bright kids prints, Asian prints, geometric print, flannel....

My newest Grandson, Caleb Austin, was born May 29th. I am now Grandma to 4 precious babies. I am so blessed!!!!

OH.....missed the post about your knee Pat. Sorry it's come to that - but given what you've said about how much pain it causes you - maybe there will be a silver lining here. I hope so.

Pat, I am the old 'irishrose' now posting as Irishrose2 due to computer problems. I won't be joining you as my excess weight is basically gone - I'd like to lose a few more pounds, but don't want a skinny neck and face so I think I'm done. But I do want to tell you that my 55 year old daughter had her knees replaced last year and did wonderfully well. She wishes she had done it sooner.

I have been following y'all, old and new, and have enjoyed seeing your successes. Keep on keeping on.
    Judy

Congratulations Judy !!! Here's hoping more of us can get to our goals in the next months.

Blog Entries
    Irish congratulations on getting the weight off. I have been fooling with my knee issues for 4 or 5 years. The Synovisc shots worked really well for years. I had arthroscopic surgery on it in May. Dr said it might help It only worked for a while. I had another Synocisc shot in November which only worked for a month. When I went to the dr yesterday I knew what he was going to say. I saw the surgeon (other dr does everything but replacements) today and am scheduled for a total knee replacement April 27th. As he told me years ago "you will come in and tell me when it is time." I know it will be much better after surgery. I am ready to do it now.

Blog Entries
    And the winner is Coffeegirl with an awesome loss of 14.2 pounds. WOW! You will have to tell us your secret. She will be receiving 14 beautiful purple FQ.

Blog Entries
    It sounds like Civil War fabric is not too popular with this group. I would probably have to shop to get some too. Some have asked about FQ themes for the next 3 months. April- flowers. May-bright, June- blenders.

Blog Entries
    That sounds great meanmom.

I will put those on my list to pick up at the quilt store next payday.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast