Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: March weight loss

Congrats Coffeegirl, 14+ lbs. weight loss, I should be so lucky. Happy I'm not gaining, but would be happier if I could start losing again. Of course today didn't help- - snowing like crazy, sisters grandson was home from school because they closed and we made a big pan of rocky road brownies. Not a real fan of choc. cake, but do really love brownies. I had 1 and promise not to have anymore. That kid could kill off half the pan and never gain an ounce, but then he's 14 and nearly 6 ft.

Glad the FQs for the next 3 months have been chosen. I'm also not a fan of civil war repro- I would have to go out and purchase a FQ cause I don't keep anything like that in my stash. I'll get my FQ's out next week - don't think I'll get out to the post office before then.

Good luck everyone this month

Irish, nice to have you pop in for a visit. Congrats on your success!
    Pat, I hope you don't have to suffer too much while waiting for your surgery. It will be here before you know it.
    Do any of you have a problem with trying to add fats back into your diet after all the years of hearing how bad they are? I found this article this evening. Wish my mom had email so I could send it to her. She has skin problems from the lack of eating oil for so many years.
    http://www.everydayhealth.com/column...ition_20150305

Blog Entries
    Pam I have cooked so low fat for years, partly for the calories and partly because my DH has really high cholesterol. I have been trying to add some back in correctly. Avocados, coconut oil, olive oil etc. It just seems weird to do after all of the years of taking it out. I do lose much better when I remove most of the bread, pasta etc from my diet. I was doing well until today. I went nits with the crackers etc. Grrrr! Back on the wagon tomorrow. We are having an all day sew in tomorrow with my guild to make quilts of valor. We have 18 cut and ready to sew. We all bring food, hopefully I can behave myself.
    My knee is mostly stiff and weakness not painful. More uncomfortable at times. I did have the dr change my prescription to Celebrex which seems to work better for me. I does wake me at times at night but if I move my position it is usually better. April 27 was his first available date. If someone cancels they will reschedule me if they can. I seem to have a pretty high pain threshold. I just can't do whatever I want. I just don't want it to interfere with my my vacation. I am going to Florida in early June for a week at the beach with my mom and a wedding. And Hilton Head at the end of June.
    No rush on the FQ they aren't even due until mid April so you have over a month. I wondered if Civil War would be popular, this seems to be more of a batik, bright type of group. I have a few, I would have to dig to find them.

I should be in for March as well. I sent my orange FQ along with my purple last month. I am fine with any theme you choose. Good luck everyone! Are we looking for more fabric theme ideas? I'm not sure what you have done in months past but here's a few: solids, dots or stripes, how about a specific designer, like Kaffe Fasset or someone else? How about something interesting like fabric with words on it or novelty prints?

Here's some more info I found. If only I would apply all of my healthy lifestyle knowledge to my life!

http://blog.myfitnesspal.com/25-life...Mblm0LgLXhM%3D

Blog Entries
    FQ theme for next 3 months . April - flowers, May- bright,June -blenders.

Blog Entries
    I did pretty well with my eating at the sewing day on Saturday. I have been a bad girl since then though. I am back on track today. I filled out the paperwork today to take off for my knee surgery. 4 to 6 weeks. I have way more than enough sick days accumulated to cover it.
    I have FQ from the following : Meanmom, Raggiemom, Pete, MaryChristine, CindyA, KimmerB, JimsGem, PamH, Leann, Meganc74, PenniF, Jeanne, Judith1005, Coffeegirl.
    If I have missed anyone please let me know.

Blog Entries
    OK - I will aim for flowers and then blenders!
    "Love and kindness are never wasted. They always make a difference. They bless the one who receives them, and they bless you, the giver." Barbara De Angelis

Blog Entries
    I received 3 FQ from Jeanne for April, May and June.

Hi everyone! Just wanted to report in...first of all I received the purple fat quarters today...wonderful, fun, and great variety, thank you so much! Secondly, I went to a quilting retreat this weekend, so food was prepared for us. I did bring some back up stuff in case there wasn't anything I could really eat. I did pretty well I think. I managed to stay the same on weight, which I consider a success! Plus, I had a ton of fun. I did do some fabric shopping damage though, lol!

Coffeegirl, congrats on the loss!! I went on retreat a week ago, too, and like you didn't gain or lose. So I, also, consider that a good thing!

Doing WW online is definitely helping me think more about what I'm eating. Doesn't always keep me on track, but on days that I've done well I really feel good about.

Now that bad weather is out of here (keeping my fingers crossed) I hope to start exercising again. My yoga studio is closing this week! I am SO bummed. I'm going to have to figure something out fast. If I don't figure out what I'm going to do then I'm going to be in really bad shape within a few weeks (with my back).

Healthy choices today everyone!!

Back from a few days in San Antonio with kids/grand-daughters. Had great fun at Sea World....and according the the DSIL's magic tracking device, walked 7 miles on Friday and another 5 on Saturday....so felt pretty good about that. Did NOT let them talk me onto any of those crazy roller coasters!!! I get dizzy standing on the step stool !!!!
    Hope everyone is starting to get a taste of spring...ABOUT TIME.....it's finally here, as the Bradford Pears are blooming.
    Of all the things i've lost, i miss my mind the most.

Great way to get in some walking PenniF!! Love to hear that people are able to get out and do fun, family things. I like the snow but have had just about enough this year. I was able to take my class onto the playground yesterday and they were just wild!! They've been cooped up enough this year and were SO happy playing and running around outside.

Everyone must be knee deep in fabric or snow....it sure has been quiet here on the thread.

HAPPY FIRST DAY OF SPRING Y'ALL.......AND HAPPY NATIONAL/WORLDWIDE QUILTING DAY TOMORROW !!!!

I am stuck...stuck, stuck, STUCK! I hate it when my body does that! It's so discouraging, even though my brain knows that is a normal part of trying to lose weight, I still want to see the numbers go down. Well, I'm off to a quilt retreat on Sunday. Hopefully I can get UN-STUCK! Happy Quilting Day everyone!

I know the feeling Coffeegirl! I feel stuck. I need to lose 100 lbs and I just keep floating up and down the same 5 lbs. I am working on changing my eating habits.

I will lose weight!!!!!

My newest Grandson, Caleb Austin, was born May 29th. I am now Grandma to 4 precious babies. I am so blessed!!!!

I woke up to a little snow on our first day of spring here. On a positive note, doing the WW on line has helped me and I've lost a couple of pounds. It saved me from binging on Friday when I was stressed out and again yesterday. I have a ton of paperwork to get done this weekend and that's usually a big binge for me. I did overeat a little but not crazy like before. I'm trying to get the bulk of it done before I go on spring break so it's not hanging over my head.

We are supposed to get an inch of snow tonight. I can't complain because we didn't have near as much snow this winter as we usually do.
    I let myself get over the 200 mark again last month. Ugh. I'm down a few pounds and plan to get back under 200 this week.

Blog Entries
    I just got home from quilt retreat. No way I am stepping on the scale for a few days. I am sure it will be too depressing. They serve such good food on retreat. Lot of dessert too. Unfortunately I ate it all. We also walked to the pizza place down the street twice for a glass of wine. No alcohol is allowed in the retreat center. We also had them cut a small pizza into appetizer sized pieces and split it. We had lots of fun and laughs. I got a lot accomplished and it is so relaxing. I came home and pulled a casserole out of the freezer. It was really good. I have no idea what the recipe was but would love to make it again. I remember making it, it was something really healthy ( maybe paleo) that used up all of the things I needed to get rid of from the refrigerator. No I have no idea where I found the recipe. I can't find it in my Pinterest files.

I was invited to a quilt retreat this week M-Th. I'm not going since my son is home. I'm happy to have him home but I really hate missing retreats. I don't babysit this week so I could have gone, too.
    My son made soup for dinner. It was so good. He put in broccoli, carrots, onions and mushrooms. Very healthy except maybe for the butter, flour and cream.

Blog Entries
    Spring is here. Our blue bonnets and indian paint brush are starting to bloom along the wayside beautiful! That was my flower fabric choice for the winner. Heading to Valli and Kim's store in Dripping Springs today ---my DH gave me a gift for Nat'l Quilt Day and have to spend the $$. Should see a lot of wild flowers on the roadside. Poor Chicago with snow today. I remember one April we drove up and had to stop south of Springfield due to blizzard conditions. I am avoiding discussing my weight, afraid to step on the scale. Remember "an instant on the lips, forever on the hips"
    "Love and kindness are never wasted. They always make a difference. They bless the one who receives them, and they bless you, the giver." Barbara De Angelis

Oh, how I loved the wildflowers in Texas. It's been almost 3 years since we sold our house in Round Rock. Is it a good year for the blue bonnets? I know some years are better than others.

Quote Originally Posted by Pam H View Post
    Oh, how I loved the wildflowers in Texas. It's been almost 3 years since we sold our house in Round Rock. Is it a good year for the blue bonnets? I know some years are better than others.
    I think it will be a good year Pam....we've had a really wet spring here in N. Texas -- and things are really popping now. Can't wait to take the DGDs out for photos in the blue bonnets !!

Hope you find some great stuff on your shopping trip Pete.

I have been working on getting my garden in. I have planted my two large raised beds with lots of tomatoes and peppers. Got some more tomatoes and peppers into pots, planted several different types of fresh herbs, got some flowers going and planted some lettuce. I still have to dig up my garden area. Our weather here today was just beautiful. I think I may have gotten a little sunburned out there.
    I'm hoping that lots of fresh garden veggies will make me want to eat them instead of other stuff.

My roses are blooming as well. DH and I got some much around them (finally) I love this time of year here in California!

I have been doing a good job on my eating the last couple of days. I am doing a 10 day detox from Dr Hymen's Blood Sugar detox. I am hoping it will reset my metabolism and help me lose weight.
    No Sugar, No grains, no dairy, no caffeine (I am missing my usual black tea, had to switch to herbal for this detox)
    Tonight will be stir fried chicken and veggies.

My newest Grandson, Caleb Austin, was born May 29th. I am now Grandma to 4 precious babies. I am so blessed!!!!

I'm sad to say that I am not doing well with my weight. I blame this infernal winter! It was -3 when I woke up and we got a dusting of snow in the night. It was all the way up to 10 at noon with a brisk wind out of the northwest. I know I need to get some exercise, but can't force myself to get out and walk when it's so cold and icy. Come on, Spring!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast