Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
MAY 2012 Weight Loss Adventure With A Prize! >

MAY 2012 Weight Loss Adventure With A Prize!

MAY 2012 Weight Loss Adventure With A Prize!

Old 05-22-2012, 05:42 PM

What a wonderful day!!! I played outside, then mowed the lawn, then played again, then helped fertilize the lawn and flower beds. Now waiting for the rain - we have a tornado watch out right now. Am sure if we get some high winds my Oriental Poppies will be toast. Darn - I love to see their bright colors every year.

Sweats - well I didn't read the thread before I took a bar out of the deep freeze. So I will watch the rest of the week. Was at Wal-Mart last night and wanted a candy bar so bad - I bought a quilt magazine instead. I have been having a lot of salads lately. So easy to fix and I find with the beans I can feel full. Mom gets Meals-On-Wheels so that helps a lot. I can hear DH crunching on something - I'm going to ignore him.

I worked on a small quilt that I made a couple weeks ago. Like the new pattern but the FMQ is terrible. I did it in black so that it doesn't show. I'm going to have to practice a lot or maybe change machines.

meanmom - love the quilt. I checked out Carol's books last night. I know I have one of hers but couldn't find it. Does that surprise me - NO. Anyway, I'm going to look again for the 50 stars. I have never drawn on a design either - what do you use?
Old 05-22-2012, 07:13 PM

We had a gorgeous day here too. It was a bit too warm for my walk this evening but I did 3 miles anyway. I've got almost 15,000 steps in today. I earned 8 extra WW points. Hopefully that will help make up for the Mexican food I ate tonight. Some things are so hard to figure the points on. My Lean Cuisine for lunch was easy. Last week I bought some black cherry flavored balsamic vinegar. I need to get some special salad ingredients (craisins, feta cheese) to make a nice spinach salad. I forgot to check my dvr to make sure it would record Dancing With the Stars. Dang it! I'll probably hear who won before I get to watch it. Have a good night ladies!
Old 05-23-2012, 12:13 AM

i'm just checking in to say hi! i hate my dh!! i told him he was out of milk, so he stopped for groceries and brought home birthday cake ice cream! omgoodness, i totally blew the no sweets! sorry judy, it was no way possible to ignore! and i got into it so fast there was no time to contact you! grrr! ( he was trying to be sweet. i think he prefers me chubby.) i am trying to convince myself to get up and sew, but for some reason i feel glued to the bed. and i have tons of fun stuff to do! i hope irish will start a new thread (hint, hint) for a virtual quilt-a-long that doen't quit.
Old 05-23-2012, 06:21 AM

nancia, I think it is a guy thing. DH went to Menards to get some light bulbs. Came home with Whoppers and Twizzlers for me. I just looked at him and said NO. The twizzlers have 32 carbs in 17 little pieces. Who wants to stop at 17. Now if he brings home a Snickers - I'm going to do bodily damage to his body. Okay - now it's time to get started on the day. I have sewing and gardening to do. Hope everyone has a great day.

If it is your special day (birthday, anniversary etc) have a great one. You deserve it.

Be good to you!!!!
Old 05-23-2012, 03:07 PM

everose , i'm sure you are right. bad habits are as hard for them to break! i love it when he brings me apples! he could do that every day and i'd be delighted!
Old 05-23-2012, 04:37 PM

nancia, we both fell off the wagon today - I had a caramel frappe from MickeyD's. It was hot, I was tired, slightly depressed, I had a coupon in my purse - what can I say? We do not need to wait until tomorrow to climb back on. We can do it right now. There is a reason no ice cream comes into my house. I can only have controlled servings from restraurants.

My oldest daughter was meeting my second daughter down the road 100 miles to pick up some tents for the open house. I couldn't go along because I had a Dr app't. I wouldn't mind so much, but this DD lives downstate - over 100 mile and works a very demanding job, plus she she helps my GS with his restraurant so I don't see her enough. She's my twin, though taller and bigger boned, and I miss her. She will be at my GGS's open house Sunday so I'll survive until then.

No sewing at home today. I played with half square triangles for 5 hours at church on a quilt for the November bazaar. A bunch of HSTs that need trimming before we can go any further followed me home . Grr-rr-rr.

Other than the frappe, my eating has been good today. I went to a open air market and bought some fruit and a lot of veggies. Asparagus is coming here from somewhere. It is so good. Michigan's won't be far behind with that weird weather we had in March. I made rhubarb muffins with struesel filling and topping today. They smelled wonderful, but none for me because I used regular flour. My rhubarb is early, too.

FMQ??? will I ever learn to start and stop smoothly so I don't have any little bobbles in my curves? This is the only time I wish I had a needle down feature on my FMQ machine. No quilting tonight. I'm almost ready to start echo quilting the appliqued flowers in a quilt wide panel. I will need Nike's advice, "Just do it" when I get there.

Okay, everyone who has fallen off the wagon, grab my hand and we'll jump back on together. Healthy eating starts now, not tomorrow.

I am eating clean, drinking water and moving my body. I am, I am, I am!
Old 05-24-2012, 07:25 AM

wow where has this month gone. I can't believe we are almost over. I still haven't slowed down at work. I am not working more than my 3 days in a row. but still picking up some overtime.

I am so glad that Nancia sent me the pattern I was looking for. i have all the pieces sewn together, now to put them into blocks then sew the top together. I will be working on that today. I can't believe how many pieces this has in it. I am making 60 blocks instead of the 30 that the pattern shows. I need it larger than the pattern. I will post pictures of my purple gumball quilt.

Keep up all the work ladies and remember you are a winner with every ounce you lose.
Old 05-24-2012, 08:00 AM

judy-- when you get back on the wagon, drive it on over here and pick me up, please! honestly, can't seem to get back on it on my own!!
cindy-- can't wait to see the quilt top! i may be even more excited than you!
missy-- where are you? how are you?
purplemem== are you lurking?

i am so proud of those of you who are hanging tight! last week i had lost a total of 2 lbs for the month. at that rate i will reach goal at age 121. hmmmm...... think i need to step up my efforts if i don't want a jumbo size coffin! i doubt i can keep going to age 121, even if i am motivated! ;o;
Old 05-24-2012, 08:43 AM

I'm going to be cremated so I don't have to worry about the size of a coffin. Thank you for my laugh for the day.

Cindy, you're right. This month has flown by. I thought if I didn't sign up, I'd not be thinking about my weight and ithe pounds would start disappearing. It didn't happen so I need to try something else - How about eat less, move more? I'm moving outside to clean more flower beds right now.

I have my first great grandson graduating tomorrow night. I keep thinking I should be looking for a gift, but I'm giving him cold, hard cash with a gag gift, of course. I have a reputation to uphold.

Eat clean, move your body, drink water and deal with your stress - digging the dirt will work for me today. I'm going to cook up a big batch of fresh greens beans. I'll have some warm with butter, milk and pepper for lunch then cold with mustard vinegarette later. I'd better cook the asparagus, too. Purplemen taught us that not having a plan is planning to fail, so that's part of my plan.
Old 05-24-2012, 09:05 AM

I just got back from a 2 mile walk with my daughter. Hard to keep up with a 25 yr old! Now I am roasting. I really don't like to walk when it is over 70 degrees. It is now 73 with a high dew point.
Yesterday I went to lunch with friends and did errands the rest of the day. I think I have most everything I need for my Ireland trip. The new walking shoes made my big toe numb so that's not good.
Yikes! I just looked at the time. I need to shower and eat lunch and get into town for a hair appt.