Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
MAY 2012 Weight Loss Adventure With A Prize! >

MAY 2012 Weight Loss Adventure With A Prize!

MAY 2012 Weight Loss Adventure With A Prize!

Old 05-20-2012, 03:24 AM

Everose yes our family does know how to push our buttons. People who have never cared for an elderly person have no idea how draining it is. I went to my FIL house 2 days a week, my 2 SIL did the other days caring for him for 2 months while the non helping family members decided what to do. Finally the 3 of us got together and made our own decision. I was dropping him off a dialysis 3 mornings a week at 5 AM before I went to work. At the time I was able to shift my schedule to take the 2 days to care for him.It meant working Saturday night and Sunday morning. Another SIL who wasn't helping still isn't speaking to us 4 years later for putting him in a care facility. You know better than anyone what needs to be done. You need to care for yourself. My prayers are with you for your decision.
I think I will try to join the virtual quilt in today.
Old 05-20-2012, 08:10 AM

come on over! i've got the coffee made! someone brought donuts--this kind i can eat a hundred of and not gain an ounce! gotta love it!

elm-- that's my old stomping ground! tutored in salem at the house of 7 gables, worked at northshore shopping ctr, etc, etc! what years were you there? more recently than me i bet! i graduated hs in 1969. seems like 2 yrs ago, and also, like 200 yrs ago. what an odd thing time is!!

well, time to get strated on my virtual quilting! gave the dogs a bath yesterday and it has infused me with neew energy! today they are all fluffy and sweet!

Last edited by nancia; 05-20-2012 at 08:20 AM.
Old 05-20-2012, 08:22 AM

Nancia the virtual donuts and coffe are delicious. After eating fried chicken last night I had better not eat any real ones. The fried chicken didn't taste as good as it sounded and it bothered my stomach. Too much grease. Back to sewing
Old 05-20-2012, 10:04 AM

Di, the quilt is adorable and you did a good job. I can see a two year old studying each block.

Just checking in before I start the virtual quilting bee.

Jean, that's a great bargain. I never get those, but I should be on the selling end, not buying so I guess it's okay. Sorry you had a bad week. This week is being a better week for you. Note: IS, not will be - we want it now, not in the future.

Nancia, what's the name of the dog bather? Moira needs a bath. Lily is mostly Siberian and they rarely need a bath, though she will sometimes get one if she gets a smug look when RiBaby is in the tub. I have a low tolerance for that Sibe attitude, even though I love it. Prayer of the paw from my furgirls to yours. It could just be kennel cough.

Eat clean (which to me means low fat and moderate sugar with extra veggies) drink your water and move your body.

Hello to everyone, prayers to those who need it (don't we all) and have a great day.
Old 05-20-2012, 10:44 AM

this is not a commercial, BUT-- i always have trouble bathing the dogs because of my back, and they are traumatized at a groomers (not very worldly dogs--their world is our house, yard, block and the vet's.) can't get them into the tub , silly beasts won't jump in, go figure! so... i usually give them an outdoor bath once a year, and only one dog a time, weeks later, the other one. in short, poor things verge on neglected! enter RAPID BATH. it attaches to outdoor hose or bathroom shower. takes no time at all and really cleans! girls are less traumatized and i had enough energy left to take them for a walk! all good!! there are a couple of different shampoos for it, and they aren't cheap, but compared to other options it seems really worth it to me! i get dr jon on-line , and that is more an insurance ad than anything else, but they do hi-light new products and this one was on a good sale and needed. i'm a happy camper, and so are the ladies. saw it at w/m the other day, so if you need it immediately, there you go! i'm getting little done, had to stop and wind a new bobbin so i'm checkin in on the quiltin. amazing how much fun this is! ta ta! more donuts anyone?
Old 05-20-2012, 07:23 PM

Here is one of the baby quilts I have been working on. I finished this one and it was given as a baptism gift today. I made it for a friends niece. ( She paid me) I did the virtual quilt along today it was fun and I got a lot finished.
Old 05-20-2012, 07:28 PM

I guess my photo didn't upload properly in the last post. Here it is I hope. One more baby quilt to finish. It is marked to quilt and layered. I will start to FMQ it tomorrow. I don't need the next baby quilt until August.
Old 05-20-2012, 08:50 PM

so meanmom-- i guess it's a virtual quilt. lol (look forward to seeing the picture)
Old 05-21-2012, 10:07 AM

I bathe Moira in the tub in the dog's bathroom with a pillow for my knees so it's not too hard on my body. I have a hand held shower for them though I wish it was an eight foot instead of six, but Lily will move if I ask her to. Ria puts on the brakes halfway across the LR when she realizes why we are headed that way, but when told to 'heel' she has to. 'In' and she jumps in and she'll turn on command. The worst part is getting her brushed out and ready. Plus, her shampoo has to stay on for a while to do its thing. I usually have a Rod Stewart CD on for baths and I wait for the length of at least one song. That's about as long as either of us can hold still. Today is the day. My daughter uses Moira's fur to keep the deer away from her apple trees and she needs some more.

Good morning, all. I know it's not morning but it was one of those nights when I refused to go to bed so then I really slept in. I need to change that with warmer weather here.

My weight is holding which is not good, but it's better than gaining. I know I can lose weight in the spring. Now I need to remember how. I looked at an adult tricycle - balance problems from neuropathy make a bicycle scary - but $500 for something seasonal can't happen when I'm saving for a new roof. Besides, that's a lot of yards of fabric.

Off to work outside and I will do some FMQ later. Eat healthy, move your body, drink lots of water (whoops) and do something to deal with stress. I may start taking a short walk without my furgirls for the last one. Tomorrow I will schedule a half hour of exercise with a TV program. Today it'll be pulling weeds. I can name the weeds for my aggravators.

Have a good one,
Judy
Old 05-21-2012, 10:33 AM

My daughter got the pharmacy job she wanted! I am so happy for her. The best part about it is that it is only 1/2 hour away from us. (Madison is 3 hrs) She can start either June 11 or 18. She was planning for July. Oh well. She will take the later date and live with us for a while. Her hubby will continue working in Madison until he finds a job here or until their lease runs out the end of July in Madison. Once he finds a job they can choose where they want to live and look for a house. Bring on the grand children!! We will have a house full for a few days until youngest daughter goes back to Korea. I see busy days in my future.