Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
MAY 2012 Weight Loss Adventure With A Prize! >

MAY 2012 Weight Loss Adventure With A Prize!

MAY 2012 Weight Loss Adventure With A Prize!

Old 05-17-2012, 10:20 AM
elm

Nancia, I taught in Salem. Have lived in Cambridge, Boston, Marblehead, Peabody and Salem before coming down here to Florida.
Old 05-17-2012, 10:24 AM

good afternoon everyone.

I know that some of you have said you sent your fq to me. If you did not get my mailing address adn mailed it to the PO Box, your fq may have been sent back to you as I no longer have the po box and the forwarding hasn't happened yet. I checked with the post office yesterday and they did not start forwarding my mail when I requested it to be done. It appears that they lost the change of address.
Old 05-17-2012, 01:35 PM
mim

the "new" post office isn't as reliable -- we have had problems with forwarding -- and stopping the forwarding this year. They didn't stop forwarding from ME to WA on time and then didn't forward to ME at all -- even tho we did the paperwork and in addition did it on email where it costs money.

It isn't our local post men/lady who we know -- it happens somewhere at central locations. I noticed this morning when I was mailing out packages that when they printed the postage strip, they also printed out the bar code for the place it is to go. "Look Ma -- no hands"" -- or human beings

Mim
Old 05-19-2012, 01:39 PM

[ATTACH=CONFIG]336444[/ATTACH]Isn't this the cutest!!! I was part of a swap that exchanged 5" blocks and most of these are from it. Bought the tumbler template from Missouri Star after I saw the tutorial. Have no idea who is getting this little gem, but it will go to someone special. So my day isn't all bad. Family sure can push the wrong buttons. Was so angry earlier that I was shaking. Not good for me.

Deep breath - be good to me.
Attached Thumbnails i-spy-animal-quilt-001.jpg  
Old 05-19-2012, 05:39 PM

everose-- our families are the ones who know exactly what to do to get us to go nuts. i think they find it entertaining. it's up to you whether or not to respond and sometimes it sure is hard not to!! most of the irritating, manipulative people in my family are no longer here. i may not be right, but i have longevity on my side and it makes me smile! no matter what, i still out lived them!
Old 05-19-2012, 06:34 PM

nancia I know my anger doesn't touch them. If I keep it, all I do is hurt myself. Years of therapy should have gotten me in a better place. But that brother needed to hear a part of what he hasn't been a part of. Treating me like a non-person and then telling me he was very concerned about how things were going with Mom.(It's her 89th birthday today) Wrong!!!! So my eating has been off today - tomorrow will be another new day and a new start.
Old 05-19-2012, 07:05 PM

What is the saying that our friends are the family we'd choose if we were allowed to choose? I hope you have a close friend there for you. Mine moved away years ago - it's time for another roadtrip. Your brother has no idea what you are going through. I haven't, either - my mother died suddenly at 39, but I'm proud of you for being there for yours. Maybe the care facility will work out - first as a respite or vacation, then as a long term care situation. I think it's safe to say that we will pray for you. I know I will and there is power in corporate prayer. Are you ready for tomorrow's quiltalong? I'm going to set up my tables before I go to bed. My red quilt is ready to sandwich and quilt. Yay!

The rest of you can jump over to this site and join for a day if you'd like. http://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1...a-t189302.html

I am exhausted again this weekend. I can't figure out who scheduled the rummage sale to help fund the youth group's mission trip during school. My friend and I spent way too many hours working on it from Tuesday until today. Then we had to strip the place quickly because we had a big funeral. She's 74 adn I'm not far behind - way past being youth group members. I'm still full from the dinner. No one leaves a Methodist funeral hungry unless they choose to. Broccoli salad, yum! My huge bowl of potato salad was very good, too.It's a good thing there wasn't any left.

Hopefully I can jumpstart a weight loss with outdoor work season here. I planted last evening and this evening and my fingernails are toast. I will just hide my hands until Fall. I went for a long walk last night and was down a bit this morning. Tonight's walk was more moderate. It takes a while to adjust to the heat when your weather goes from winter to summer so I didn't go as far. Besides the closer I got the woods or the lake, the worse the mosquitoes were - first day for that, too.

I will stop at the mercantile and get some fruit and veggies on the way home tomorrow so I have some healthy munchies while I quilt.

Eat clean, move your body, drink your water and find a way to reduce your stress. It all helps to meet our common goal.
Old 05-19-2012, 08:05 PM

Big weekend for our family. My daughter is now a Doctor of Pharmacy. We are so proud of her! That meant a lot of eating out this weekend. I made some healthy choices so I feel good about that. I only had half a piece of the cake her hubby bought. We even all went for a walk last night so I was able to get my 10,000 steps in. I gave her my black/white/yellow Take Five quilt.
My other daughter rented a garden patch for me for Mother's Day. I finished planting it this evening. We've got onions, radishes, carrots, peas, green beans, lettuce, spinach, cucumbers, cabbage, peppers and tomatoes. It is a 5 mile drive into town where the garden is so it is pretty silly. I have spent a lot of money with seeds, plants, a hoe and tomato cages. If I could go back in time to when she asked about getting that for me, I would say "no" and not worry about hurting her feelings.
Old 05-19-2012, 08:55 PM

Hi all, I'm slowly recovering after a very rough week re: my illness. Finally started getting out a bit yesterday. My friend and I went to some garage sales and I found one selling quilt fabrics and books. I got 6 books and 54 asst. pcs. of fabric for $6. I could hardly believe it. The fabric pcs range from 1/8 yd to 2 yds ea. Wow, wow, wow! It was so neat and I was so exhausted. But in a good way. My food has been ok but low on veggies cause of a shortage of $$. I do set aside $10/mo for fun and I'm so glad I did. No more $$ this mo so won't be at any more sales. I finally finished girl's top I was sewing for my friend's gd. Glad to have that done. Sun. I'm making her a little purse with an embroidered pink elephant on it. I'm hoping to get to the gym this week if I feel better. Part of my problem is my CPAP failed. When I tried to get co to fix it they treated me like a crazy old lady so I'm in the process of changing company's. Has anyone experienced being put into the "crazy" territory when they have a health problem? I think the health stuff is affecting my weight loss. I just keep reminding me that "this too shall pass" and focus on my next sewing project. When I figure out how to take pics and put them online I'll post some pics. Hope everyone has a terrific week and good results losing weight!
Old 05-19-2012, 10:43 PM

finally moved the old table out. it's amazing how heavy a mahogany table with leaves is! my back is not happy! the new table looked a lot bigger in the store! lol, so now i have to move a sewing desk in. there goes the extra space i gained! unfortunately i have it set up for cutting height and will need to improvize tomorrow for the virtual bee. honestly, why expect it to be easy!?
i bought a dog washer that is really terrific! they say you can wash and rinse your dog in 3 minutes! it may have taken 4, but it was definitely quick and thorough! the ladies look and smell wonderful! but to the not so good news. kitten has a croupy cough and dh fears it is heartworm. i can not lose this little girl! i have had so many deaths in the past year and she is too sweet to lose. but i am trying to be stoic and optimistic that it's just bronchitis or a sore throat. we see the vet monday am at 9:40 est, so if you think of it, beam good thoughts our way! i feel guilty already as i am the one who forgot to get heartworm medicine, and with dh's cancer, etc it slipped through the cracks! we took the ladies for a walk to help them dry off. i can handle kitten, but as i suspected monkey pulls too hard on the leash and my back can't take it. on the super positive side, i got a good walk in! were thinking of making saturday bath day and family walk. fortunately the cats were inside asleep or they would have joined us, i am fearful they will get hassled by other dogs or into the street. ah, family life in suburbia!
today i ate real food! felt wonderful, but still can chew on only one side. it is getting better and was not the ordeal i had feared! i have been consuming a fair amount of sugary stuff (sherbet and ice cream) but very little fat. i will weigh when i get up. my clothes feel loose.
jlwheart- health problems sure are the pits! remember we used to say "as long as you've got your health!" little did we know! all we can do is our best with what we have. i feel for you! i hope you are not beating yourself up over it! and i am totally envious of your yard sale score! here the yard sales start at 7 or 8 am and shut down at 12 or 1. not a big enough window for me! and i only remember the thrift store on sunday when it's closed! grrrr. well, i've spent all my ill -gotten gains, so i just need to chill! and use what i have!!! oh, no!! not a buying moratorium!! pout!!
everose-- you are doing a great job! your brother has no idea what you are dealing with! when my sister was dieing my other sister moved to cairo. she had no concept of what we were going through, and would have been ashamed of her callousness. but she didn't know. now she does as she was there for both mom and daddy when they passed. it is different in the trenches!!
i am so looking forward to receiving my skinny quarters from last month! i LOVE brights! i am just naturally loud and in your face friendly! lol, like a bull mastiff puppy! someday i hope to be more of a poodle! eat well, enjoy every mouthful as long as you can, chew, chew, chew! it slows you down, you eat less and it gives your body time to register it is full. and become a heavy drinker-- to become a much lighter drinker!!