Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
MAY 2012 Weight Loss Adventure With A Prize! >

MAY 2012 Weight Loss Adventure With A Prize!

MAY 2012 Weight Loss Adventure With A Prize!

Old 05-21-2012, 02:19 PM

I did the virtual quilt along yesterday. I got a lot done. I was too lazy to get out of bed this morning to get on the elliptical this morning. I will have to stay on a little longer tomorrow. I can't get the baby quilt to post since the picture is too large. I don't know how to make it smaller. We have been eating so much broccoli from the garden that my stomach is rebelling. I told my DH no more broccoli for a few days. We have had broccoli almost every day for 3 weeks. Plus I ate broccoli salad for lunch. And sometimes in my omelet for breakfast.
Old 05-21-2012, 02:54 PM

Here's meanmom's adorable quilt. My computer is being diufficult ot I'd grab the single block, too. It is so well done and a great pattern.
Old 05-21-2012, 07:48 PM

Taboo Tues. a few min. early....last week we cut down on fats... and this week it is SWEETS. So think twice before you stick that sugar in your mouth. Remember May for Me.

PamS
Old 05-21-2012, 08:13 PM

that is a cute baby quilt! i have to get to work on something! i'm frustrating myself!! started to set up the machine on the desk we moved into the sewing room. looks great, but no outlet!! guess i need a treadle after all! lol. actually i have one, but my days of pedalling are pretty much over. doubt i still have the co-ordination!
kitten and i shared a mediocre chicken salad sandwich for lunch. we are celebrating that she does not have heartworm. we will figure out what she does have next month, i hope. she now has a current rabies shot so is able to go get stripped in a couple of weeks. look out for miss america cocker, 2012! i was shocked the little piggy weighs 25lbs! too much. fat person, fat puppy. guess we both need to walk more! sweets are my thing so this will be a tough week! i started early, unbeknownst to me. yesterday i craved something sweet, so i had fresh, and absolutely divine, blackberries! best i've ever had! good luck to all this month!!
Old 05-21-2012, 08:18 PM

Here's meanmom's block. Can you tell I like the quilt a lot.
Old 05-21-2012, 08:21 PM

love the geckos!!
Old 05-21-2012, 08:38 PM

nancia, I'm glad Kitten doesn't have HW, but who the cr-- gave her a rabies shot if she isn't feeling 100%? I won't let the vet give my furgirls more than one vaccine at a time even when it means three trips three weeks apart, plus they are on Dr Dodds' protocol of vaccines every three years and none after they turn 7. They may have to still have the rabies because it's a state law, but at least it's three years apart here. Only Lepto is given annually because it's a short term vaccine. I feel they need it because we walk in damp areas when coyotes, raccoons and other wildlife have urinated. We walk a fine line with our furries between keeping them safe and damaging their immune systems. I'm thinking about running away for a few days so they will need Bordetella to be boarded.

Pam, I did not sign up this month but have been following your TTs. The fat was easy except for a piece of ham Saturday, but sugar is a killer for me. Nancia, I'll try if you will.

I worked outside a little then have been FMQ after a long walk and a lovely time sitting beside the lake. I let Lily off lead and she just loped around. Too bad Shorty can't join her. When I got up from the sewing machine a few minutes ago, my legs were wooden. That's why I don't dare try to ride my bicycle. Ah,well, a year ago I was much worse so I can be thankful.

Too many carbs this evening again. That's where I'm blowing it. Now that I know, I can and will fix it. No, I AM fixing it.
I AM losing weight and getting healthier.
Judy
Old 05-21-2012, 08:39 PM

That quilt is so cute! I take it the writing on it is the quilting lines. I have never drawn mine on. Never even thought about it. I just do it. Maybe I should try drawing a pattern sometime.
SWEETS! Ouch! This week's taboo is going to hurt! Definitely what I need to be watching.
Drove into town this evening to water the garden. The radishes are up. The beans, peas and lettuce are just poking out. I sure hope we start getting some rain.
I just remembered I copied something I thought some of us might be interested in. Can't remember what it is but here it is! Oh yeah, it is a free ebook about dieting. I think you can load it onto your computer if you don't have an ebook. Make sure the price still says $0 because they are only free for a limited time.
30 Daily Weight Loss Tips for a Healthy Lifestyle
by Joshua Wylie
Rating: 4.8 Stars
Genre: Non-Fiction/Weight Loss
Price: $0.00 Save $1.99
Subject to change back to full price at any time.

If you want a book promoting some fad diet that you will give up on in a couple of weeks, this is not the book for you.
If you want solid, actionable tips that you can implement daily for the next 30 days that will help you to live a healthier lifestyle, then this is definitely the book for you.
“30 Daily Weight Loss Tips for a Healthy Lifestyle” is a set of solid weight loss tips that will empower you to lose weight by guiding you through your first month on this daily journey towards a healthier lifestyle in which you will not only experience weight loss, but you will be able to keep the weight off for good!
Are you ready to start on this journey?

Old 05-21-2012, 09:26 PM

ok, judy! it's you and me against the sugar! it is soooo my downfall. not one piece, the whole bag. and not a single serving bag, a 1/2 lb, or pound bag. i start and i can't stop! so-- with your help, i won't start. and with my help, neither will you!! we are remarkably strong women and a little thing like sugar can not bring us to our knees! (man, i want a candy bar!! no joke!) i am standing strong tonight and so are you. meet you here to keep tabs on our success!
the only shot kitten got was the rabies, since no one wants to deal with an animal without it. she needs to be stripped-- you should see the lousy job i do clipping her-- and no one will do that unless there is proof of a rabies shot. she has not had any shots in over three years, when my husband became ill and all h--- broke loose in our family. i am trying to get back on track with the furries. i lost a cocker puppy because the rescuing group did not accept the pup's shot record and insisted on re-vaccinating him. he died because of a very ugly anemia that literally has the white blood cells eating the red. it occurs most frequently in cocker spaniels and there is no cure. my dogs will from now on get the minimum required so they and their friends are protected. the ladies will have their rabies for one yr then get a 3 yr. i didn't feel the vet was out of line. she did not offer any other vaccines until we know what's going on. i agree with you, our animals are grossly over-vaccinated, but i do not endorse not vaccinating them. my friend has a show dog and was told by the breeder not to give him some vaccine, can't remember which one, but one i felt was vital, and i just told him up front that our dogs could have nothing to do with each other if he didn't get it done, because it put my dogs and others at risk. measles is making a devastating return to childhood because some parents choose not to get their children vaccinated. the disease was nearly vanquished. so i agree, it is a fine line of what shots and how often and like you, i am very cautious. at the same time i won't put other dogs at risk, too. i am embarrassed that they haven't been to the vet in so long but at least they have been healthy, till now. i'm leaning very strongly toward an allergy diagnosis. i stirred up a lot of dust and stuff when i rearranged the sewing area and living room dining room. i was feeling well enough to vacuum and sweep so that could be it. sadly, i rarely feel that good(lol, so no good housekeeping points for me). when we took the ladies for a walk after their bath kitten was peppy and did not cough. just saying..... next step anyway is a chest x-ray. thanks for the concern! i do appreciate it! and i told you your dogs were better trained than mine! jumping into the tub-- what color is the moon? it would have to be a bright royal blue!
Old 05-22-2012, 10:07 AM
elm

Hi to all,
Didn't join in the virtual quilting. Busy reading a book for bookclub tomorrow. I'm leading the discussion and haven't finished the book yet. Nancia, I retired from teaching in Salem in the spring of '99 after 27yrs. And, they called it early retirement. If I were a fire fighter or police, they would have been pressuring me to retire. Go figure. Anyhow, both glad I taught and glad I retired when I did. I'm hanging in by tooth and toenail on the food control. Dinner out with friends last night and tonight. Last night I had a grilled salmon salad. But tonight is a birthday celebration for a friend who has chosen an Italian restaurant. I'll drink tea before I go and hope that helps control my appetite. I'll report in tormorrow for cheers or consolation.