Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
MAY 2012 Weight Loss Adventure With A Prize! >

MAY 2012 Weight Loss Adventure With A Prize!

MAY 2012 Weight Loss Adventure With A Prize!

Old 05-03-2012, 08:49 PM
elm

I think losing inches is even more rewarding than shedding pounds.
Old 05-03-2012, 08:59 PM

I'm in for May
Old 05-03-2012, 09:03 PM

I just had the most frustrating afternoon and evening. My friend brought me the fabric I needed to finish my binding. She even bought the rest of what was on the bolt (1.5 yd) incase I had any problems. What a smart lady she is! The fabric is striped and I am cutting it on the bias so the stripes will go at an angle. The first strip the stripes went one way and the second one went the opposite. CRAP! I called her and she brought the the rest of the fabric on her way by. Good thing I live on her way into town. I finally got it cut out and the 2 strips sewn together. Sewing the binding to the quilt went smoothly......until I got to that final seam where you sew the end of the strip to the beginning. I just did one 2 weeks ago and it went fine. I sewed this seam 5 times and ripped it out 5 times. I decided to get a book out with instructions. I sewed it wrong again. Finally the 7th time I got the seam sewn correctly. Jeesh! It should not be this difficult. Anyone need 200" of pink striped binding?
Old 05-03-2012, 09:21 PM
elm

Sorry you had so much difficulty. Some days are just like that. I'm just glad there are days when I don't goof up over and over again.
Old 05-03-2012, 11:37 PM

sorry, pam, really, but that does make me feel more normal! seems the more i quilt the worse i get. hope that turns around soon! hold onto the 200", i have a scrappy pink quilt to do for a little girl. who knows what will work for binding!? hope tomorrow is a clear day and everything goes well!!
this is the hardest week of the year for me to diet. my dh's birthday was sunday, our anniversary monday, and my b'day thursday. my sister calls it the tri-fecta and takes us out for an elaborate meal, ending with real creme brulee. if you've had the real stuff you know the difference! i changed things up this year and made b'fast for my sweetie. and we will go out tonight, but i've talked him into burgers at ruby tuesday. i think i've talked him out of a box of twinkies as my cake, but i didn't impress him enough since he went out and bought donuts. poor guy, he has habits to re-learn too. everyone have a great week-end!!
Old 05-04-2012, 05:42 AM

Nancia, HAPPY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! Just enjoy your week. We have 51 other weeks to worry about.

Di
Old 05-04-2012, 05:45 AM

Thanks, Nancia. I think you called me normal.
No sewing for me for a few days. Except hand sewing in the car to work on this binding. I'm so slow at it.
Woke up with a headache. Sinus? Migraine? Hard to tell. Sipping a pepsi and hoping it will help. I have not taken any migraine meds in over a month. That is pretty amazing for me. Hoping to get out for a walk but time is tight today
Has anyone tried zumba? I got a box of goodies at a garage sale. Seems like it will be a really good workout. I have only done a 20 minute workout so far. Working up to the 55 minute one.
Have a great weekend everyone. I plan to!
Old 05-04-2012, 08:06 AM
elm

Happy Birthday Nancia! Have a great day everyone.
Old 05-04-2012, 08:08 AM

Hi fellow losers! Hope everyone is doing something for themselves for the taboo! I am going to take the time to give myself a pedi today. I consider my sewing & quilting doing something for myself too because I am so happy up there in my "lair" as I call it. I sew upstairs in a loft & have most of a bedroom that holds my fabric, ironing board, etc. The loft is open to the downstairs & I can always hear what is going on down there so I don't feel isolated!

I have been working on a wallhanging for my daughter's bright orange bathroom. A bright, scrappy dresden. On the Patriotic challange thread Muv described how she makes bias stems & I made one! And it even curves! I am quite pleased with myself! I made a really cute snap purse for my MIL yesterday. When we were in FL one of her friends had one & she liked it so I thought that is something I could do for her for Mother's day. I need to charge my camera battery so I can show off all of my little things to you!

On the weight loss front, I am at my lowest of the year! I have lost about 10 lb since the end of November. Not huge numbers (about 2 lb a month), I know, but I am going in the right direction. Tracking my calories on MyFitnessPal sure helps. I do need to exercise more though.

I have been thinking about you, Everose and your caring for your mother. A friend of mine is involved in caring for her FIL & she gets so down about the lack of please & thank yous & demands instead of requests. She does not do it round the clock like you do & I applaud your efforts. It is really a selfless thing to do.
Old 05-04-2012, 09:02 AM

Hi all, I can hardly believe someone else has lots and lots of pink binding. I don't know what I was thinking when I cut and cut and cut the binding. But now if I ever need it I'll have it. LOL Today I got so angry at check out clerk at grocery store that I had to make me take a time out. I was in a wheelchair with my friend pushing me. I gave the clerk my money to pay for my groceries and she handed my change to my friend and totally ignored me. ARGH!!!! We had a discussion and I did my best to educate not blast but boy did I want to eat. I went to my car & listened to my music. It helped. I didn't eat.
I like not having TV. When I want to watch a program I go to the internet and enjoy a program. I'm not spending hours just sitting anymore. I even did some embroidery stitch outs. I haven't done that for 6 years. I'm moving more and I like that lots.
Everose, I sure understand what it takes to care for an elder. I did it for 6 months. I encourage you to take good care of you and use any respite help you may be able to get. I had respite 2 days a week so I could get my batteries recharged. If I hadn't had that help I don't know if I could have lasted for the whole time until he died. You are in my thoughts.