Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
MAY 2012 Weight Loss Adventure With A Prize! >

MAY 2012 Weight Loss Adventure With A Prize!

MAY 2012 Weight Loss Adventure With A Prize!

Old 06-01-2012, 12:03 PM

meanmom-- it takes someone special to deal with the difficult children. pat yourself on the back! sounds like your 'teacher' needs to understand and respect what you do. give her a quarter to buy a clue. you may have an actionable 'hostile environment case'. have you documented any of her abuses? she sounds horrendous. i had to work with an idiot once, for 5 years. seemed like 500! i finally couldn't take anymore and left at the end of the year. ironically, so did she! no problem, i was meant to be in a different place! i'm sending you hugs!
on the dq swap i was surprised by a comment one of my friends made. i had forgotten to sign up for june's swap, and she said " you were doped up all month, no wonder you forgot". i was at first shocked, and then realized, she was right! i was ! no wonder i probably haven't lost! lol.! i need to put new batteries in the scale, but until i can bend over, that will have to wait!! i had my second epidural on wednesday and thought i would be fine today, but evidently i was a trifle optimistic. i see improvement but i'm not moving with any ease, and i'm still relying on the pain meds. tomorrow, surely!! it has been such a week!!! i am so tired of the drama! i had to check with my dh to be sure today is friday! june will be a better month!! i'm hoping to persuade my husband to help me dye some fabric tomorrow. see....i'm expecting to feel great!
on the plus side-- no bad snacks, just apples and a few corn chips. i'm drinking my water, which provides me with exercise as i get out of bed and waddle to the b.r. how many calories is that? not enough i'm sure! tomorrow, tomorrow, i love ya, tomorrow, you're only a day away!
Old 06-01-2012, 07:12 PM

Thanks for all the encouragement everyone. Only 3 more days.I am looking for a different job but it doesn't look promising. There are huge cuts being made. I have worked for the schools for 11 years and hate to loose the retirement. I have finally been there long enough that it actually will amount to something.
Nancia I hope you do feel better tomorrow. It sound like you have had a really rough month. Prayers going out to you.
Pat
Old 06-02-2012, 11:10 AM

Our May winner is Everose with 7.2 lbs lost. congrats on your continued weight loss journey.
Old 06-02-2012, 03:14 PM

Ok, congratulations Everose!!!!. I did not report my weight loss yes but I stayed even. No gain, no loss. I can't complain considering that I was in a wheel chair for the month.
The last two days I went on the Central Coast Quilt Run. We hit 4 shops in two days. There were 12 on the run and we threw in two more that we knew of and even hit one of them twice. I am exhausted. I used a cane most of the time. Needed my walker for the last couple yesterday. I am complete exhausted!! My foot hurts, my back hurts, my knee hurts and I am shaking. I don't think I could go into another shop. I am now home and I am not cooking dinner. I have nothing left to give.

Bought lots of pretty fabrics and stuff though. I surely helped the economy this weekend. In a few I will pull out my today's purchases and pet them and show them to my wonderful husband. He just brought me a glass of water and is asking what he can put together for dinner. I sure love that man!!!!
Ok, I need to just veg.....
I am in again for next month. You already have my Fat Quarter~

My newest Grandson, Caleb Austin, was born May 29th. I am now Grandma to 4 precious babies. I am so blessed!!!!
Old 06-02-2012, 05:11 PM
elm

congratulations Everose. I will try to follow what's happening with you all. Forgot to sign in for June, but wish everyone well.
Old 06-02-2012, 06:17 PM

elm, it's not too late. Pop over to the June thread and join us.

Gayle, you did a great job being on your feet for two days so soon sfter surgery. You have a right to rest.

I think Cindy will close this thread soon so come on over to June.
Old 06-03-2012, 07:27 AM

I didn't get to go along with the group this month. I've been in such a tizzy moving and everything I had no time for nothing but that. I will say I lost 5 in 2 weeks from running and forgetting to eat! I'd love to say I'm that going to keep it up and keep going but I'm not so sure I can after it slows down. But I'm proud of everyone that tried to lose. We all know it's not an easy task. Congratulations to the winner!! If I can find out when to have my "skinny q" in I may try to keep up this June! Good day to all!!
Old 06-03-2012, 10:03 AM

elm and Momma_K, here is the new thread to sign up and start posting. Excellent weight loss, Momma_K.
http://www.quiltingboard.com/general...ml#post5255278