Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
MAY 2012 Weight Loss Adventure With A Prize! >

MAY 2012 Weight Loss Adventure With A Prize!

MAY 2012 Weight Loss Adventure With A Prize!

Old 05-10-2012, 08:26 AM

Dunngriffith, sounds like you are already on your way to being smaller for your anniversary. Good for you!
Quilts tacked down with buttons sound cute. Plus it might keep people from laying on top of your quilts.
I have gardens that desperately need some attention. I have time to work on them but it is the last thing I want to do. I would love to till them up and plant grass for hubby to mow. Maybe next year.
Old 05-10-2012, 01:19 PM

I am on the WW points plus. Most of the points are pretty similar to the old system. THe biggest difference Is things with a lot of carbs have gone up in points I am a carboholic and it makes it hard for me. But I already knew I loose the best when I cut back on my carbs. I love, love pasta and breads. I have cut way back on them. It is nice to have fruits and vegetables be free. I love them too. YOu can really load up on them on days where you are starving. When I follow the program I loose pretty good. The key is actually following it. I like WW because I can eat anything I want as long as I count it. Just knowing I can have something if I really need it sometimes is enough for me. I do make sure to work some treats into my program. My leader says to make sure you dont deprive yourself. Good for me. A little treat now and then helps to keep me on program.
We had out final weigh in today for the biggest loser. I came in 3rd place. Not too bad. I am down 16 pounds since the beginning of the year
Old 05-10-2012, 01:38 PM

Hello
I have lost some weight the last few months with the help of this site http://www.loseit.com/index.jsp#Home

it's very good
Jan
Old 05-10-2012, 02:36 PM

I just ate chocolate ice cream for dinner. It was 18 WW points of pure bliss. I have been craving it for weeks and finally broke down and ate it before I went nuts and ate tons of other stuff too. I will now be satisfied for quite a while. I had to budget for it all day and it did work in with my points for the day. It wasn't a very healthy choice but it was a delicious choice. I will get back on the wagon tomorrow and make healthier choices. I find every spring I get an awful craving for ice cream. This will fix it for at least a month. Back to better food now.
Pat
Old 05-10-2012, 04:31 PM

cauliflower - love it and have it most days. Ruby Tuesday's has the best mashed cauliflower I have ever eaten. I made some but didn't have the same taste. I'll bet they used a lot of butter and real cream. I used cream cheese and 1% milk.

This week has been hard in our house. Mom has a UTI and DH is down also. He finally went to Dr. today - mostly stress. Me - I can't afford mentally to get sick but I have been taking care of myself. Went to see a "memory unit" today for Mom. They have adult daycare also. So that might be the next step. Will take her out there next week for a visit.

Was a beautiful day here until about 4:30 p.m. No more sun and the wind came up fierce. Can see that my bird feeders are on the ground. Hoping tomorrow it is nice so I can putter outside. Band night tomorrow night also. It always rains on band night here, so i won't water the flowers tomorrow.

I also purchased a new sewing machine this week. Happy Mother's Day to Me. I got the Brother Project Runway 420. My neighbor told me to look at allbrands.com and see what they had. Should be here tomorrow I hope. Can't wait to play.

Food has been okay. Not loosing lots but that's okay for now. Size wise, I'm where I want to be, but not scale wise. I am being consistant, that's what is different this time around.

Take care everyone - be good to you.
Old 05-10-2012, 08:41 PM

Thanks for all the WW pts info. It really helps! I'm having to do low carb to keep me from going into full-blown type 2 diabetes. Have had normal blood sugar tests for 1 year and doc says I'm beating it. I'm going back to my pts plan and work it without going over my carb limit. Will see if that jump starts my wt loss. Still working on the little girl's top. Hope everyone has a wonderful Friday!
Old 05-11-2012, 07:46 AM

Greetings! Got the camera fixed and it's so nice to have it again. I have been working on UFO's and pillowcases. These are some of the pillowcases that I finished. I'm half way to my 50 pair goal.

Have a great day and HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!!!!!!![ATTACH=CONFIG]334552[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails 005.jpg  
Old 05-11-2012, 08:25 AM

Hi all, Just checking in to say hello & see what everyone is up (down?) to. My weight is holding steady but not giong up so I am glad. I am happy that I have lost 10 lb since the beginning of Dec. Not losing at warp speed or anything, but that is an average of about 1/2 lb a week.

I love cauliflower! My favorite is with browned buttered bread crumbs, but what wouldn't taste good with those on top!

Have fun with the new machine Everose! I am glad to hear you have been taking care of yourself. I imagine the care you are giving your mom must be very draining. I hope she would feel comfortable at the adult day care. Nice pillow cases too!

Beautiful dress Irishrose. I sewed garments for a long time & still enjoy doing one once in awhile. I made my husband a shirt awhile back & I was giving myself all kinds of pats on the back about how nice it was turning out & how I hadn't lost my touch....Then I held it up I discovered I had cut a HUGE hole in the sleeve when trimming the seam! I had to go out & buy more fabric, then take out the already trimmed sleeve...it still ended up turning out ok, but next time I won't be so cocky!

Have had a busy week. On Mon I drove 40 miles to pick up my friend & take her to her Dr appt 20 miles away so that turned out to be an almost all day event. I made her dinner too. All of her friends that live close by have been pitching in & I really wanted to be of some help. Tuesday we went to see my beloved Lakers play & lose at Staples Center. Yesterday my son & I drove up to Fresno to move the bulk of my daughter's stuff home from college for the summer. She will follow next week after finals. Tonight us & our 2 best couple friends are going to a Dave Kos jazz concert in Glendale & tomorrow we have a birthday party at the Magic Castle- a dinner theatre type place featuring magic performances. I think on Sunday I am just going to relax!
Old 05-11-2012, 05:17 PM
Power Poster

Hey.... Just checking in. really sucking at this this month. Life getting in the way is not and excuse, but I'm letting it's need tko make NO EXCUSES. Anyway, starting a new job on monday. They have a staff fitness incentive so I will be joining that to help me out! Hope everyone is seeing success this month!!!!
Old 05-12-2012, 06:52 AM
mim

Good luck and best wishes on the new job. Wonderful that it also ties in with good health too.

Mim