Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
MAY 2012 Weight Loss Adventure With A Prize! >

MAY 2012 Weight Loss Adventure With A Prize!

MAY 2012 Weight Loss Adventure With A Prize!

Old 05-07-2012, 03:15 PM

Gayle, it's not being helpless - it's learning patience. Trouble is I've unlearned what I learned those two years in a wheelchair.

mim, I couldn't access the QB most of yesterday. Just no connection, but everything else on the computer was fine.

Di, the dress is signed, sealed and delivered. I received an email that said it's amazing and it FITS. I was so pleased - not about the amazing - my DGD chose the pattern and bought the fabric, but about the fit. She sent a 14 pattern, I cut a 10 (McCall's runs small) so I was concerned. Funny it arrived in less than two days when the sample bodice never arrived. I still feel there was interference by a family member. Here it is, though it will look better with a body in it. [ATTACH=CONFIG]333587[/ATTACH]

BTW, my walls are not Pepto Bismol Pink. They are a soft coral sponged over a lighter shade of the same color. Why doesn't my camera pick up orange, just pink? And yes, I beaded those valances - another wheelchair project. You should have seen me putting them up standing on one foot. One is 7 feet and one is 11 feet. The valances are heavy decorator fabric, so it was fun!
Attached Thumbnails dotty-dress.jpg  

Last edited by irishrose; 05-07-2012 at 03:22 PM.
Old 05-07-2012, 03:44 PM

The dress turned out great! I'm sure she looks adorable in it.
Gayle, you need to just take care of yourself so you can heal as quickly as possible. Let your husband take care of the mail and anything else you can't do.
Old 05-07-2012, 04:03 PM
elm

Sent my skinny quarter in today. Walked on the treadmill for half an hour while I listened to a book on my Ipod. Went swimming with a friend early this evening. I'm about to have some soup and watch tv. Want to remember to go look at the moon in a little while. Hope you are all having a great day.
Old 05-07-2012, 04:35 PM

Irish, the dress is awesome. Hope she sends pictures of what she looks like when it's on.

Scale showed the snacking yesterday. So I might have to scale back the treat days. I do really good during the week and then treat day screws me up. meanmom and Pam - I'm with you!!!

DH is in town this week. So I will get some respite at night. Tonight he is co-teaching a fencing class. That will help him get back in shape also. Hoping tomorrow is warmer and I will be able to get outside and attack the "yellow flowers" and crab grass. Oh, I also was invited to a salad supper at a local church. My friend invited me and since DH is in town, I get to go. Hats are the theme and I have more than a dozen. I GET TO DRESS UP!

Take care - be good to you.
Old 05-08-2012, 07:21 AM

wow! everyone is so busy! i'm taking time off for my back . just called the dr. they can fit me in on may 24 at 4 pm. thank goodness for dilaudid and vicodin! may set my weight loss back as i'm mostly immobile. all of a sudden i can think of so many things i want/need to do. will try some handwork and hope i don't sew my fingers to it. this is not fun!
irish-- that dress is adorable!! how lucky you went with your gut on the size! i bet she looks like a million bucks in it!
y'all-- sorry for the whine! i know there are others dealing with more challenges than i am. i'm just being bratty. sorry.
Old 05-08-2012, 08:07 AM

Taboo Tues. This weeks taboo is to eat cauliflower and if you like continue to do the May for Me....it dosen't have to be an hour just do something just for you. Happy Mother's Day to each of you!!!!!

PamS
Old 05-08-2012, 08:29 AM

nancia, sorry about your back. Back problems are so limiting. My DGD will look gorgeous in anything she puts on. She's Irish/Scottish/Spanish/Mexican/Native American and received the best of each. She's also athletic and bright - she's valedictorian. We are all very proud of her. On top of that, she's sweet and has her head on straight. I used to tell her father that the Bible says to he much is given, much is expected. I hope he has passed that on to her.
She's headed to NM State on a nursing scholarship. She chose nursing over engineering.

BTW, it's okay to whine because our lives effect our weight.

Have a good day, everyone.
Old 05-08-2012, 08:56 AM

Just attempted the 45 min zumba workout. I was worn out after 12 min and started modifying after 15. I kept moving to keep my heart rate up but, oh boy, I will really have to work to be able to make it the whole way through. Don't try it Nancia, it is very hard on your back.
Tonight I am going out to one of my fav restaurants with friends. Italian food isn't the best thing on the night before my WW weigh in. We'll see how I do.
My mom loved the mystery quilt and it looked great on her bed. Now I need to find backing fabric and see if I can find someone to quilt it. I have a duvet cover that I found at a thrift store for a few bucks. I'm not sure if I should put something used on a new quilt. What do you think? It is for my mom so I really don't mind buying more fabric.
Old 05-08-2012, 09:56 AM

Irish, what a beautiful dress!!!! Fantastic job!!!

Cauliflower, hmmmmm not a real fan. Maybe I will have DH pick some up on Friday for me. But then again he does not like it so I doubt that he will buy some. Can I eat double the broccoli????

I sent Jim to the store yesterday to buy me 7 lbs of Roma Tomatoes and other ingredients and made a huge batch of fresh salsa. I have 7 lbs of tomatoes, 8 Jalapenos, 8 Anaheim's, 8 very large tomatillos, 3 whole globes of garlic, 3 large yellow onions, juice of 3 limes, 3 large bunches of cilantro and fresh ground sea salt to taste. Yummmmmm
I had about a 1/2 cup on my eggs and veggies for breakfast this morning. I will give my daughters each a container of it. Maybe I will use that to bribe them to come visit me. "If you come by you can have some...."
If my son comes home for Mother's day I know he will eat a bunch of it. They all love my salsa. I think it needs a couple more jalapenos but I used all I had.

I see my Dr again today. I am hoping that I will be up to do some sewing starting tomorrow. I have had to keep the foot up most of the time and my wheel chair with the foot up pushes me too far back from my sewing machine. It's a little far back from the computer but manageable.

I hope everyone has a wonderful day today!!

My newest Grandson, Caleb Austin, was born May 29th. I am now Grandma to 4 precious babies. I am so blessed!!!!
Old 05-08-2012, 10:19 AM
elm

Nancia, sorry you are in pain. Irish, the dress is beautiful. Gayle the salsa sounds wonderful, wish I lived near you so I could come for a taste. I have to go search for the South Beach Diet recipe for a cauliflower dish that is supposed to be a very tasty alternative to mashed potatoes.