Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
MAY 2012 Weight Loss Adventure With A Prize! >

MAY 2012 Weight Loss Adventure With A Prize!

MAY 2012 Weight Loss Adventure With A Prize!

Old 05-13-2012, 05:29 AM

Alikat good luck with the new job. I weighted in at WW yesterday. DOwn 2.2 pounds. WOO HOO! It is amazing that you actually lose weight when you follow the program. Even though I ate ice cream for dinner one night it still worked because I counted the points. I was starving because ice cream isn't very filling but it was oh so good.
Old 05-13-2012, 05:53 AM

That's awesome meanmom! I seem to be having some problems right now sticking with the program.
I am going to a play in Minneapolis today. It was supposed to be a mother/daughter thing but now her boyfriend is going as well as my hubby. The more the merrier! Have a great MOTHER'S DAY, everyone!
Old 05-13-2012, 11:01 AM
elm

I am hanging in, but it is a struggle. Want to eat all the wrong things. Happy Mother's Day to all of you.
Old 05-14-2012, 07:12 PM

Blondslave- I tried your cauliflower recipe for dinner tonight. I substituted broccoli since the garden is overflowing with it. Both my DH and DS commented on how good it was. They don't often comment. So that means they loved it. I will make it again. Thanks.
Pat
Old 05-14-2012, 10:56 PM

no real news on the diet front. split a tooth on an extra chunky pb&j. bad karma! had my epidural today, hurt more than i remembered. will do it again in 2 wks. tomorrow i'll get the tooth and parts removed, so hope by saturday i'll be able to eat real food. never thought i would ever be tired of ice cream (ok, not yet, but will be by thursday!), and soup. so you would think i'd be losing, but since i'm not moving much, i'm definitely not losing. my life is on hold till saturday. good drugs don't give you much sewing skill or interest in much either. i am doing some hand sewing (literally! ouch) for a dq swap until i can use the machine. my dh is being a star, and helping me with nearly everything. he's so sweet!
Old 05-15-2012, 06:12 AM
mim

I had some really good news yesterday at the eye surgeons office. My "good" eye had clouded up and I was very concerned because I had had the cataract removed a year ago. I knew it wasn't several other things that I am familliar with.

It turns out that there is such a thing as a secondary cataract. It can form at the back of the lens capsule afetr cataract surgery. All I need is to have laser surgery to open up the area and it will be OK -- What a relief!!
I'm like everyone else I guess -- thinking all sorts of things with no real facts.

I had lunch with friends later at Dennys and had salad. And got a 20% off coupon as a mothers day present

Mim
Old 05-15-2012, 06:17 AM

Nancia, you always make me chuckle! Thanks!
My Mother's Day was great. The play we went to was good and then we went out for pizza. I had a salad with it to try to cut back on my pizza consumption. My daughter and I finally had a day where we could both go into town to plant our garden. We got all the seeds into the ground. Will probably wait until next week to put in tomatoes and peppers. We should have enough lettuce/spinach to feed the whole neighborhood. I think I should have drawn out a plan beforehand instead of just making it up as we went along. Oh well. Better too much than not enough.
The chatter on this thread has really slowed down. In the past we would have 30 or 40 pages by now. I guess our numbers are down (a lot) and not as many Chatty Cathy's. I do wonder what happened to some of them.
Have a healthy day of eating, get your exercise and drink that water!
Old 05-15-2012, 06:35 AM

Mim, I'm glad they figured out what is wrong with your eye. Hopefully you will be able to have it taken care of soon.
Nancia, sorry to hear about your tooth.
I almost forgot to tell you the good news that I heard last night. The twins DO NOT have Battens Disease! An answer to a lot of prayers. Ethan had his 4th birthday on sunday. He had a good day with a lot of giggles and was able to eat some of his chocolate cake. They had their initial visit with Make a Wish and they are going to try to hurry and get his wish fulfilled before he totally loses his sight. He has to be hand fed little bite by little bite. Looks like he will be getting a feeding tube fairly soon.
Old 05-15-2012, 09:19 AM

Good morning everyone!!!! My keyboard died and so could not type very well. DH got me this new one on Friday. I am still getting used to it!
Got my splint taken off yesterday. I can start putting weight on the foot. I did hobble down the hall this morning with the walker. He wants me to use the walker for a while when trying to walk but to still use the wheelchair most of the time.
I have had an awful cold for the last 5 days. Felt yucky all day on mother's day. But it was a great day otherwise. My son sent me some beautiful flowers but was not able to come home. I did have all three of my daughters together. My Granddaughter was dedicated Sunday in church and then Beth had us all over for brunch. There were 17 of us not including my two grands. So good to see Jen and Joey and Isaac. Wonderful news........ Jen's pregnant with my #3 grand!!!!!! Isaac will get to be a big brother in December, around Christmas. They will be 19 mos apart. Today is Isaac's first birthday! They are having a little party for him in Sunday down by their place. We will head to La Mirada after church on Sunday to celebrate his birthday.
This cold is driving me crazy. I have been so wiped out , so sleepy. I hope to get a little sewing in today. I hope everyone has a great day!!!

My newest Grandson, Caleb Austin, was born May 29th. I am now Grandma to 4 precious babies. I am so blessed!!!!
Old 05-15-2012, 04:21 PM

Taboo Tues. This week try to cut down on fats. You can have fats just be more aware how many is going into your body. Also remember May for Me. Do something for you body everyday.
Pam S
I did get my fat quarter out on Fri.