May Weight Loss

Old 05-14-2015, 03:14 AM

Can't believe this month is half over, what the heck?? I have been doing pretty well. My son graduated from college on Saturday and at the graduation party I DID have a piece of cake...shhhh, don't tell anyone! Hopefully I walked it off taking pics around campus with the grad!
Old 05-14-2015, 03:49 AM

Ok so I hope my record keeping is up to date this month. I have FQ from the following for May. Meanmom, coffeegirl,heart of Dixie, Pete, MaryChristine, Anna Quilts, Jeanne49, JimsGem, PamH, Raggiemom,CindyA. If I have missed anyone please let me know.
Old 05-14-2015, 03:51 AM

JuneBillie I got ready to send your FQ today and realized I need your address. Can you PM it to me please.
Pat
Old 05-14-2015, 12:11 PM

Hello everyone from the beautiful Texas Hill Country,
Coffeegirl, congrats to your son's accomplishment! You showed remarkable control with one piece of cake - what a joyous celebration. Where is he off to now?

I am in Austin again with my son. We take 2 steps forward, 3 steps back. I know he is making progress or I would be here 24/7. It will get better.

Ms. Pat, I mailed my skinnies on Monday, have no idea how long it will take them. What used to take 2 days to my mother now takes a week.
Old 05-14-2015, 02:34 PM

Did I tell you gals that I am going to quilt market in Minneapolis? I am so excited! It is for shop owners and businesses but I found a way to go too. I will be helping out at a booth so the owner can take potty breaks. I get to meet up with some old friends and will probably make a few new ones. I'm not sure if I will get to actually buy anything but I should get to see some fun new stuff. I had planned to leave at 7 pm. My DGD did not cooperate for me to get much done today so I might have to leave a bit later. No biggie. The poor thing fell off a chair at church and hit her head on the hard floor. She has a goose egg. I feel so bad. She wanted me to leave her there eating her chips while I did the work I needed to do. I think someone went over and talked to her and made her all nervous so she fell. That woman really felt bad. She even cleaned up the vomit mess from Allie getting so upset. This little just turned 2 year old can make herself throw up. She finds it helpful if she doesn't want to go to bed. Little stinker! Well, I'd better pack some clothes and do a little picking up and figure out what's for supper. Have a good weekend, all.
Old 05-14-2015, 02:43 PM
Power Poster

Pam your trip sounds like a lot of fun. You will have to tell us all about it.
Old 05-15-2015, 03:44 AM

Lynne hope you son is doing better. My knee continues to do really well. I am allowed to quit using the CPM machine. It is soooooo boring. They are picking it up on Monday. Woo Hoo! I am out of books to read while I use it. I will continue PT for a long time. She worked me pretty hard yesterday. I had a bunch of stops to make on the way home so I stopped at McDonalds. I had it all figured out what I was going to order, but when I pulled up to order that isn't what I ordered. I had a Big Mac, so yummy, but so bad. Back on track again today.
It is supposed to rain off and on the next 3 days. I will have to time my walk between the rain drops. I am teaching a class sometime at the LQS making the Gravity quilt. I have been drooling over the pattern since November. It was supposed to come in back in February. It finally arrived mid April. I finally started it last night. I finished the first step. Hoping to finish 2 more steps tonight. I can't wait to finish it.
Pat
Old 05-15-2015, 02:14 PM
Power Poster

I have done not too bad today, but it won't be that way tomorrow due to my birthday. Hubby said he is making things to eat. We plan to see dad too, and who knows.
Old 05-16-2015, 03:38 AM

Thanks Leann for your kind words. He graduated (with distinction) on Saturday, had an interview Monday, offered the job on Thursday! He is a high school biology teacher! AND...he will be close to home which I never expected and is so wonderful! He is getting married in 7 weeks, so life as an adult starts!
Old 05-17-2015, 05:32 AM

I hope everyoneelse is doing better than I am. I can't seem to get my eating under control. We have been going to the Senior Citizens Center every day for lunch. They feed so many starches. But, DH is addicted to the Mexican Train dominoe game that follows lunch everyday. So, we usually go out and eat too. We do a lot of volunteer work there. So, we are regulars anyway.