Men

Old 12-22-2010, 05:33 AM

Talk to him and let him know what you are feeling. Sometimes our best intentions (his) are wrong. Clear it up now. Don't let this drag on undealt with. Merry Christmas to you dear.
Old 12-22-2010, 05:34 AM

Talk to him and let him know what you are feeling. Sometimes our best intentions (his) are wrong. Clear it up now. Don't let this drag on undealt with. Merry Christmas to you dear.
Old 12-22-2010, 05:34 AM

"Pitch-In' is pretty much an Indiana term. I grew up in Indiana and we called all meals where people bring the food, a "pitch-in". I remember when I was a newly wed in Kansas, the minister, who'd come from Indiana, announced a basket-dinner, looked at me and said, "In Indiana, we call these "pitch-in" meals. Hadn't thought about that for years.
Old 12-22-2010, 05:55 AM

maybe you need to ask him in a nice voice like "I need to know why you asked someone else to fix food for you?"He needs to know how you feel about it, men can't second guess. If you keep brooding about it it will just keep getting worse. Communication is key to a strong marrige, from someone married 32 years.
Old 12-22-2010, 06:19 AM

[... Truthfully, the last thing I would want to do is cook for for this get together.

After reading your update after sleeping on it, I agree there are a lot of things we just have to let go. I've been married 32 years and have found as the years go by that I can get to that place of letting go quicker than in the past.[/quote]

Oh no I'm not at all bitter about being let go. They did what they had to do. Great people at that company. Yep, I feel it, I think about it, and I let it go, lifes to short to stay mad. I cant control him or them, so I just keep going forward. He still gets his dinner on christmas, all his favorites not mine, I am trying out a couple new dishes though. Happy Holidays! Merry Christmas!
Old 12-22-2010, 07:21 AM

It's good for you if you can let go but if it still keeps nagging at you at times, you'll have to talk to him. Communication, specially in a marriage is very important. And I found out myself that nagging thoughts can eventually turn into anger and.....
"Anger is an acid that can do more harm to the vessel in which it stands than to anything on which it is poured. - Anonymous"
You have a lovely and blessed Christmas with your dear hubby.
Old 12-22-2010, 09:44 AM

The day of the "pitch-in", make plans with a girl friend, get dressed up for the season and when you both get home, give him a kiss under the mistletoe..and Christmas will be merry, merry.

MJ
Old 12-22-2010, 09:45 AM

The day of the "pitch-in", make plans with a girl friend, get dressed up for the season and when you both get home, give him a kiss under the mistletoe..and Christmas will be merry, merry.

MJ
Old 12-22-2010, 11:48 AM

Originally Posted by moreland
"Pitch-In' is pretty much an Indiana term. I grew up in Indiana and we called all meals where people bring the food, a "pitch-in". I remember when I was a newly wed in Kansas, the minister, who'd come from Indiana, announced a basket-dinner, looked at me and said, "In Indiana, we call these "pitch-in" meals. Hadn't thought about that for years.
I live in Indiana and have never heard anyone refer to it as a pitch-in. Only a potluck.
Old 12-22-2010, 07:27 PM

When something like losing your job happens you can count on there being problems! You've lost your job for goodness sake. I'm sure you have been upset since the moment you found out.

He knows you're already upset, why in the world would you want to cook for them?? Especially when you couldn't even go in and join the fun! Who would want to cook for something like that. My guess is you would have been just as upset if he would have asked you to make something!

Step into his shoes, no matter what he did it would be wrong. He probably didn't know what to do.. He just took the way he thought would save you from even more pain. It has nothing at all to do with how well you cook, it has to do with being so upset that you can't see straight!

Try to realize that there is not a good way to handle this sort of a situation. Perhaps he didn't handle it the way you would have liked him to, but give the guy a break. Do you really think he did it to hurt you more? no, I doubt he did.

The truth of the thing is this.. You are horribly upset (and who wouldn't be?).. so anything that seems wrong is going to throw you right over the edge. I bet most of us in a simular situation wouldn't have our heads on straight and would be liable to jump on any little thing that didn't hit us right.

Don't blame him for someone else's decision. He didn't let you go, the company did, or your boss did.. but not your husband. Nothing will be right until you're okay with what's happened.

Just try to realize that being upset at him is not going to help anyone, not even you. Take a hot shower, have a glass of something soothing, and relax.. Better days are coming.