Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
My husband retired today!!! >

My husband retired today!!!

My husband retired today!!!

Old 06-06-2010, 04:59 AM

Congratulations on your hubby's retirement. My hubby has 2 years 6 months and 7 days until his retirement. Yep....he's counting the days until we can be free to travel and do all the things we love.
Old 06-06-2010, 05:23 AM

Condolences !!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-06-2010, 06:13 AM

Congratulations, you all have fun together for a long long time.
Old 06-06-2010, 06:39 AM

Congratulations! I just retired from a high school district. Over 20 years being an Instructional Assistant. Some with Special Ed, other years with medically fragile students. I'm looking forward to getting a life again and spending time with my two grandsons! Hubby retired about 5 years ago. He still works part time. He has his hobbies and I have mine and we get along great.
Gordi B
Old 06-06-2010, 07:55 AM

Congrats and Best Wishes!!
Old 06-06-2010, 09:56 AM

My Love retired becuase of health issues in 1996. He also had 6 surgeries over the following 2 years. With his health so precarious at times, we decided to take a chance at life and go on the road. We traveled for 3 years in our motorhome around the country, he carved and I did workkamping at various locations and met interesting people and a lot of quilters on the road. finally, in 2001, we settled again in louisiana and I returned to a full time job at an ATT Call Center, and my husband decided he wanted to work parttime. He is member of the PGA and was a former Golf Pro, so he took a part time job at the local golf course 3 days per week, about 5 hours each. He loves it and he also continues to carve and write poetry also. I retired last June 2009, and stayed home almost a year and was recently offered a pt time job of 20 hours per week. I also keep busy volunteering 3 times per week at animal shelter. . I think we are working harder now and hobbying harder than we did when we worked. I quilt in between the cleaning, cooking, laundering and when I am at home. We both enjoy our retirements. I love having My True Love home with me. We have been happily married now for almost 16 years.
Old 06-06-2010, 10:14 AM
Banned

My husband and I have been married for 24 years. He retired 7 years ago and I still had 2 years to go for my retirement. I loved having him retired. He did everything, except I still wanted to do the laundry. I would miss that. When I retired, maybe it was hard on him, me being around alot!!! But he loved having me home, and I slowly took back some of my jobs. Even today, he still does the grocery shopping and cooking (most of it).

We both have our hobbies but try to spend as much time together as we can. He is very supportive with my quilting, just as I am with his vintage tractors and all the farm implements. My sewing room is on our main living area, and his mancave is in the basement. He always visits me when he comes upstairs, and sometimes when I am totally engrossed with something, I tell him to go to his room!!!! We both love retirement.
Old 06-07-2010, 08:27 AM

Am looking forward to this, also. My hubby retire is in 46 days after 37 years!
Old 06-07-2010, 12:30 PM
Power Poster

Awwww that is wonderful news :D:D:D Happy Retirement :D:D:D
Old 06-07-2010, 02:00 PM

ENJOY!! And Congratulations to your DH.

Mine is 58 & I hope he can retire at 62. His is a very physical job. We did have a dry run at 'retirement' this year - he was on the tail end of a medical leave when I got laid off. 6 weeks of togetherness and we were still speaking. LOl