Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
My husband retired today!!! >

My husband retired today!!!

My husband retired today!!!

Old 06-11-2010, 08:45 PM

My husband has been retired almost as many years as he worked for GE. 27 years! I just retired last June. It's almost been a year for me. (I'm 20 years younger than he is!) Enjoy. It takes some getting used to!

My sister just retired this month and we plan many trips together.
Judy
Old 06-11-2010, 09:34 PM
Power Poster

I retired June 2nd this yr. Hubby could have but, didn't and doesn't want to, work is his hobby, mine is quilting and I decided that is what I want to do the rest of my time here. We worked together 23 yr.s and drove to and from together, I'm glad to get some time alone, we've been married 48-1/2 yr.s
Old 07-05-2010, 08:33 PM

CONGRATS. Were. both retired and enjoying it. He worked so hard to be sure we we always had what we needed, and extra to be able to do special things with our 4 daughters. they are always thanking us for all the good times and good memories.That makes it all worth it.He is getting to fish and hunt all he wants.Has a kyak and an atv.learning golf am]nd enjoys making ,long bows, (like in bows and arrows)goes to many shoots . the best is h'es taken over the housework. All i have todo is laundry and cook and play, we have been married 49 years have 4 daughters, 6 grandchildrn and 5 greatgranchildren all these little ones are all under7.
Old 07-05-2010, 09:02 PM
Power Poster

Congratulations! It's brand new way of life for both of you.
Old 07-05-2010, 09:20 PM

I hope you both enjoy retirement and have a blast!

I have a dear friend & her DH retired recently. I got tickled at her, she called one day & said "Why in this world did I agree to Jerry retiring? I am ready to pull my hair out or kill him? He is driving me nuts!" LOL He was bored & needed to find a hobby. She was used to being home alone all day. They collided. Once they got their bearings and figured things out, they have done just fine. LOL I still chuckle at the desperation in her voice when she called that day. LOL My DH & I can always find things to go do or to work on or change around on our home.
Old 07-06-2010, 05:47 AM

It's been a month now, and we are still getting used to the idea that he gets to stay home. Since I am off for the summer (6 more weeks) we are just pretending we are both retired. It is wonderful! We do things together and things apart and watch movies in the middle of the day if we want to!
Old 07-06-2010, 07:59 AM
rb.

Congratulations!

I would so love for my husband to be retired so we could spend more time together. Not likely to happen, though, since I'm 45, and he's 35. LOL I'd like to say I can't wait for his retirement, but by then I'll likely be 75, and can't imagine I'll be ready to START traveling. Guess we'd better get it in before he retires.
Old 07-06-2010, 08:12 AM

One of my dear friends and her "other" take 4-5 trips a year and do all they can at each place. She says there is no guarantee and if you want to go somewhere, go. She does work a part time job to pay for their trips, but since she always needs to be busy, it works for her. They have done some amazing things, that's for sure.