New Keurig owner

Old 11-10-2013, 04:08 PM

I have the Hamilton Beach that has a separate filter cup for using your own coffee. I love it. It was very inexpensive too.
Old 11-10-2013, 04:15 PM

I live alone now, my hubby passed away last year, so our 12 cup coffee maker goes unused. I only want one mug of coffee each morning so I found a way to make a good cuppa...I got a Finum brewing basket, permanent filter. It hangs into my mug & I add coffee grounds to the strength I like. Then pour in boiling water to the top, cover with the lid and steep 6 1/2 minutes. Remove the basket and enjoy my coffee! It works for me.
I have the medium size.
If anyone wants to see it, go to Amazon and in the search box, type "Finum brewing basket".

Last edited by GrammieJan; 11-10-2013 at 04:26 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 11-10-2013, 07:16 PM

I use mine a lot for hot water for a cup of tea. Let the water run over the tea bag in a cup and a great cup of tea - so guess I need to fix one now.
Old 11-11-2013, 04:52 AM

I absolutely love our Keurig. I've had it for 2 years now and have never had a problem. I use the pre-filled K-cups and also bought the K-cup to use my own coffee. I bought my daughter one for Christmas last year and she loves it. Enjoy
Old 05-12-2014, 06:35 AM

New recruit myself! At Christmas, my DH mentioned one of these and then he Poo po'd the idea as too expensive (it was my input about the expense). Then i went to Aldis last week and they had a special purchase on the Mr. coffee Kcup machine. $59.00!!! It happened to just fly into my shopping cart.

Well, i get home...DH makes the comment of "don't we have enough coffee pots already?"... I told him that I would take it back to Aldi, no problem. An hour later, he tells me that he went online and ordered MORE Kcups! He is soooo predictable! Plant the seed, bring it home...feed it...keep it! We have enjoyed the convenience and variety of our coffee options. I rearranged the kitchen cabinets to make a "coffee" bar. Cups, etc are now conveniently stored just above the new coffee pot. I bought a Kcup drawer from Walmart and sat the coffee maker on top. What we do for a cup of java!

I stored the other two coffee pots for now.

Sandy
Old 05-12-2014, 08:21 AM

Originally Posted by themachinelady View Post
I tried one and did not like it, the coffee was way too strong for both hubby and myself. Guess maybe we aren't true coffee drinkers, I don't know. I loved the hot chocolate from them though even though I thought it was a lot more expensive. I tried their little "do you own coffee thing" and found it was way more messy than I wanted to mess with. I would love the fresh cup at a time, any suggestions from anyone on how not to have such a strong cuppa
I too don't like strong coffee but I love my K-machine. I use a large cup and then push the button twice for the largest amount of water. I also make sure when buying coffee that I get a mild or mellow roast and then its not as strong or bitter. I'd buy another machine in a heart beat. Our Navy Exchange has the largest amount of different brands that I've seen under one roof. If I'm home all day I'll make a pot of coffee but when I'm in a rush or just want a late night cup it can't be beat. I talked our boss into getting us one and we all just buy the coffee we like. No burnt pots sitting around and we all get what we like.
Old 05-13-2014, 05:55 AM

And there are teas, hot cider, hot chocolates, etc. The selections are endless. Walmart has a huge floor display in the main aisle so shopping is easy. Even online sources have tons of options.

good to know about the "push button" for extra water....alas, my bargain pot does not have that but i can live without it...future reference!

sandy