Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
October 2012 Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize!!!!! >

October 2012 Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize!!!!!

October 2012 Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize!!!!!

Old 10-22-2012, 02:06 PM

I had a very fun weekend with my friends. We did a lot of shopping and went to a comedy show. The view from my hotel room was incredible. We only ate 2 meals a day and had no dessert.
Someone needs to come to my house and give me a kick in the butt! I really, really need to get these boxes unpacked but I can't make myself do it. I sit in my chair with my computer in my lap and watch my recorded shows. Any volunteers? I am not even doing any sewing because I know I should be unpacking so instead I am getting nothing done. I did go out and use the leaf blower for awhile. Decided to stop when it started raining hard.
Old 10-22-2012, 02:24 PM

Pam the trip sounds wonderful. You sound like you have been so busy lately the break was probably good. I hate unpacking boxes. I used to make myself do a certain number a day before I was allowed to do anything fun. I would tell myself I wasn't allowed to sew until I did the prescribed number of boxes. I need to make that rule again for myself but substitute the gym. I have been terrible about exercise.
I made some of the cookies we were talking about on here a while ago. The ones with bananas, applesauce and oatmeal. I hadn't made them in a while. My Dh has discovered them and likes them. His diet is awful. I added cinnamon, flax seed and craisins. I chop the craisins so there is some in every bite. They make a good morning or evening snack.
I need to get to work. I am behind on my sewing projects. The house is a mess but I don't care. I told my DH and DS I will start cleaning when they learn to pick up after themselves. They have turned into pigs.
Old 10-22-2012, 03:17 PM

quilthapy, i didn't lose anything this last week either. not an ounce. i think i was just eating toooo much. to lose wt, i have to feel hungry at times, etc. I have to have 'free veggies', less fruit, etc. maybe leave the p.b. and celery alone. and no sneaking creamer in the coffee. I even had winter squash one nite, baked in FF chicken broth. etc, etc. nothing realllly bad, but just not starving enough.
hang in there, i think sometimes, we just need a little break, so we can hit it harder. but , i have lost about 25 lbs in about 2.5 months, and that ain't peanuts.
Old 10-22-2012, 03:43 PM

Wow, sNs! 25 lbs is great!
When I joined this group I had 25 lbs to lose. Now it is 35. Something seems wrong here. Down, up, down, up. Not good.
Pat, my goal was to unpack 1 box a day. When I open a box I have no idea where the stuff is going to go. I really need to clean out some cupboards and my pantry to make room. I need some motivation. I just need to get my rear in gear.
Old 10-22-2012, 04:50 PM

Pam.. make a list.. of what you know you need to clean out to make room to unpack those boxes.. Then work through the list, then do the one box per day. Whenever I have more than one room to do an overhaul on, I number them, then I roll a dice to determine which one to work on.. otherwise I get into this whole.. eeehh I don't wanna work on that so i'll do something fun instead, or I get ADD and wander from room to room with one thing and nothing actually gets accomplished.

Last edited by Anastasia; 10-22-2012 at 05:01 PM.
Old 10-22-2012, 06:33 PM

You know what, Anastasia? You are only 100 miles away from me. You could come to my house and help me get out of this mess! LOL
Old 10-22-2012, 07:06 PM

Don't mention messes. My whole house is slowly becoming one. I will clean up the mess from sandwiching the quilt tonight. I have started the FMQ. It wants diagonal quilting, but I prefer to go block by block.

Pam. if you want to sew, allow yourself a half hour of sewing for a half hour of box emptying and, yes, cleaning the cupboards to prepare for box emptying counts.

Gail and sNs, are you being too good? You need to add in those cheat days as scary as it sounds to allow yourself to 'overeat'. You've made your body accustomed to the number of calories you are taking in so weight loss stalls. A day of a jump tricks (resets) your metabolism so weight loss continues.

Weird weekend. Another woman in town was told by a mutual friend that I had received the contaminated injections and called me. She is not handling it well - fueled by the fact the we received letters Friday in addition to the previous phone calls. She was mad at me because I'm not looking for a doctor to do a spinal tap. A) Why would I want an invasive procedure if I don't need it. B) The CDC, whose site I have memorized, is not recommending proprolactic spinal taps in asymptomatic patients. No horrible headache, no spinal tap for me. She said she was having symptoms , but wondered if they were psychosomatic. She was taken out of church yesterday to the hospital. I called a mutual friend today to see how she is. She's home. The blood work showed no markers so she couldn't get her desired spinal tap. She kept telling me Troy says we have to be proactive, Troy says, etc. I finally asked who Troy is - her financial advisor. Hmm- I'd rather trust the CDC and the meningitis doctor in Traverse City.

I steamed some of the monster cabbage head. It is so good, I can eat it plain. Much better than those things we have shipped to us in the winter. I will go replenish my apple supply and get another one.

I did my TV exercises today and walked over two miles - part of it quickly because it started raining.

Eat clean, drink your water, move your body and don't forget your 'cheat' day.

Last edited by irishrose; 10-22-2012 at 07:21 PM.
Old 10-22-2012, 07:35 PM

Originally Posted by quilthappygail View Post
Hi all
Been running errands for the last few days and haven't had any time for quilting or keeping up on here.

I am also not losing as I think I should, trying to eat off smaller dish, drink water, no sodas, no sugar(well almost none) so what's up? I'll keep on this has to show up at some point. Being good is soo boring.
We are having French Onion Soup with salad tonight and fresh fruit for desert. Better go stir the onions befor they burn.
hugs to all
Gail
Do you have a good recipe for your French Onion Soup Gail? I would love to try and make some sometime!

My newest Grandson, Caleb Austin, was born May 29th. I am now Grandma to 4 precious babies. I am so blessed!!!!
Old 10-23-2012, 03:55 AM

Default Taboo Tuesday

Taboo Tuesday. Last week I gave you a listing of foods to avoid. Today I am repeating that list with acceptable substitutes --
AVOID ACCEPTABLE SUBSTITUTES
potatoes (Red or white) Broiled tomotoes with cheese, sweet potatoes (yams) or mushrooms
white rice brown rice
corn (including lentils, beans or okra
popcorn, cornbread
and meal)
carrots, beets broccoli, celery, asparagus, squash, hearts of palm or artichokes
white bread whole-grain (stone ground) breads, without added sugar or
whole-grain pasta
all refined sugar and nutrasweet, fructose, sugar-free ice cream, sugar-free
refined white flour yogurt, sugar-free vanilla ice cream and diet root beer
products (cookies, cakes (float)
etc)
Remember, I'm use the premises of Sugar Busters! book that we need to rid our bodies of that food that produces excess sugar as soon as it is swallowed.
TIP - if you are consuming fruit with a meal, eat it 1/2 hour before the meal or 1 hour after the meal.

Last edited by Vanogay; 10-23-2012 at 03:56 AM. Reason: Listing bad format
Old 10-23-2012, 03:57 AM

Tried to delete above - will redo to get formatting better