Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: other names for grandma

I'm called Gaga by my grandchildren. Their other grandma is Mamma.
    DaleenKay

Power Poster
    My grands call me meme...

My first granddaughter named me MomMom and that is what I've been ever since. My husband is PopPop.

Sometimes it is the kids who come up with your name mostly by not being able to say what the parent call you.
    A Good Friend, like an old quilt, is both a Treasure and a Comfort

My first grandson calls me "NeMa"...I just love it..I'm hoping my other grandson will call me that once he starts talking..
    Kitty

Mine all calls me....gama!
    I feel special !!
    take plenty of pic of family & friends, keep tabs on loved ones but make time for yourself !

Blog Entries
    i'm grammi to 2 of my dgd, and i'm boo to the 3rd dgd. i have two dgd named olivia so one is Lulu and the other is Lala. my 3rd dgd is charlotte, and i call her Lotti dah. the family with 2dd, has a total of 3 sets of grandparents. they are, grandma and grandpa, grammi and saba, mimi and pepaw. we were starting to scrape the bottom of the barrel for good names. that's why we have 2 olivias. the second, or lala, will be married into our family in july, but i already consider her a very dgd!
    The only bad days are the ones you don't get.

My 3 grand kids all call me Mimi, I didn't want to be called grandma, I did not care what they called me. My daughter decided I would be Mimi.
    Dyan

My daughters invented "Muggy" for me and "Dad" for their father. My granddaughter kept "Muggy" for me and all her friends and their families call me that. I've even allowed a very dear friend, who told me I felt to her like the grandmother she never had, to call me "Muggy". My husband refused to come up with a name, and for as long as he lived, he was "FraPa" to his granddaughter. These names will always be special to me.

Yaya
    That's how my grandchildren call me.
    Baby Lock Ellisimo-^-Baby Lock Ellageo-^-Brother PQ1500s-^-1947 Featherweight.
    Janome 19660-^-Baby Lock Serger-^-Singer Serger-^-Accuquilt Go & Brother ScannCut.

I go by GG! And my husband goes by GPa. Whatever they call you, you will LOVE it!
    Linda

I wanted to be called "grandma",like I called my Grandmother. I must have said "grandma 10,000 times getting the first grandson to say it. All for nothing. One day from the back seat I heard "Grammy", and I realized I had a knew name! They will call you what they want.😍.

I'm Mimi to my DGS, now my oldest son is having his first & he says I'll be MiMi to DGD (!), his MIL is also Mimi - so we'll see what granddaughter decides. My Mom was Grammie to grands & great grands. Their other grandmothers are Grandma and Grandmother.
    “Come to me all you who are weary and I will give you rest”~Jesus

My mom was Gran to my kids, dad was Papa and and my grandmother was Gramma-Gramma as she was their Papa's mom. She loved it!!

I called my favorite Grandmother ... Granny. My Granddaughter calls me Meemaw. However, she could have called me whatever she wanted to and I would have been a happy camper. LOL
    Fabric is like money, no matter how much you have it's never enough.

Blog Entries
    My grandson named me playgrandma. The kids really do pick the name
    Patski
    always learning

Blog Entries
    My oldest grandson started calling me Mema and my husband Pepa when he first started to talk. Love it.

I am Nan, which will probably morph into Nanny, which is fine. Grandma doesn't suit me, so I had to come up with something different. Actually I wanted my husband and me to be Lolly and Pop, very sweet grandparents. He didn't go along with it.

My youngest daughter lived early on by her MIL, so she was the designated "grandma". so to differentiate between us, I was dubbed "Gram". I am Gram to 13 now, and GG to 3.
    Yooper32 aka: Donna B

Blog Entries
    I had a neighbor that her children called her Nunny.

I picked out a name for the grandkids to call me, but the oldest one named me "G" because my video was under the letter G on an iPad app. The second girl is 2 and now she calls me "G" too! I think it's pretty cute.

Blog Entries
    Fun to read all these. A gal in her quilting guild is called, "GRR-GRR." The grandchild is too young to pronounce grandma or anything similar. Sometimes the child decides what to call the grandparent!
    "A woman is like a tea bag-you can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water." Eleanor Roosevelt

Blog Entries
    When my first grand daughter was born I wanted it to be different than my ex's wife just so the kids didn't have to to the nanny firstname. She was going to have them call her nanny Patty so I went with Nana then she changed it to Nana so then she changed hers to Nana too. I gave up. My wanted me to be called Gi-Gi when she had her first and I was good with that. So most of my oldest grandkids call me either Nana or Nanny and all of the ones born since its Gi-Gi. My oldest granddaughter who is all most the age of my daughter wasnt' allowed contact with us for lots of yrs do due her mom being spite ful. When she was, I told her what all the other kids called me but she can call me what ever she wants. She didnt want the Gi-Gi and her mom's mom is called Nan so she calls me Nana. I like having my own name so I understand how you feel. My grandson who was the first to call me Gi-Gi, changed everyone's name but mine. His one grandmother he calls MeeMaw, her husband is Grand daddy, and my ex is Pop Pop. His little sister calls everyone the same as he does. for yrs he could tell you every one's fist name except for me, I was just Gi-Gi. He lived at my house for the first 5 yrs of his life and we are supper close and stands by me on everything. Now I have my 14th grandchild on the way and my 5th Great grandchild on the way and my biggest wish is that I could get to know them all before I go so that at least for another generation I won't be forgotten.
    Judy

South East Michigan...at the bottom of the thumb!
    I have two names...my oldest two grandchildren call me Maneau....a garbled version of Mother! When the younger ones were born my DD insisted I be called Grandma....my DGD garbled that and those DGC call me Reba! I like my Names! Even the the 3 year olds know that Reba is their grandmother, and grandmothers love them more then anything!

When my daughter married we gained 2 new granddaughters. They already had a "Gramma" so they started calling me Mammie! Now all the grandkids do. And hubby is Pappy. We like the names because they are special just for us!

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast