So disappointed

Old 06-16-2011, 06:41 AM

When he gets to the end of the way he won't say 'wish I had spent more time working'! Take time to smell the roses while they are in bloom! Hope something will work out so you can enjoy some time together without work getting in the way!
Old 06-16-2011, 06:43 AM

Originally Posted by mimom
tell hubby that if you dont have enough time with your family this year you will be forced to host it next year.
:thumbup: :thumbup:
Old 06-16-2011, 06:51 AM

I hope some intervention somewhere makes things work out differently. It is important to be at that reunion. That's family and family counts! Go without him. If he has a problem with it, tell him to put his big girl panties on and deal - he had his chance. So he has to function apart from you for a couple of days? You've had to function apart from these family members for years at a time!! Those boys will be husbands someday, and have to share their lives with a wife's family... show them how important it is to respect that...
Old 06-16-2011, 06:55 AM

Since you have a computer, does it have a web cam??? You could download Skype for free and someone on the other end have it too??? Then you could actually "see" them and join in. We used it recently to include our 21 yr old grand daughter for a 1 yr birthday of her neice.. She was in Wash. state we are in Illinois. Was great fun, and we all got to visit and "see" each other...Just a thought.
Old 06-16-2011, 07:02 AM

My husband has not gone n a vacation since 1977. I worked with a teacher whose husband was the same way. We decided that with kids 2,4,5,7(& living in a small country town), they need their horizons broadened. We took off for a 2 week driving vacation to Colorado, where she had relatives.
We aimed for educatonal sites & fun sites(to compensate). It got a little hairy sometimes (imagine), but we did it every year(different destinations) for the next 8 years. We only stayed at hotels w/ free breakfasts, we ate dive through for a late lunch, and ate 1 good meal a day. We also all stayed in one room! It is some of our best memories! And, all of our kids graduated from college!
So, go while you can,and God Bless!
Old 06-16-2011, 07:09 AM

Please go...take the boys and go have fun..stay as long as you can. Sounds like your husband is not being fair. I don't know what your health problems are but it sounds like you need to get out more.
Old 06-16-2011, 07:17 AM

I have relatives that I hardly saw througout the years but not that you can "skype" ( and its free) I take and see the ofter. see if you can get this set up with your family and it will be almost as being with them
Old 06-16-2011, 07:17 AM

Family are so important. You really should go. If your husband wants to stay at home, that is his choice, just as it is your choice to visit your family. We are having a family reunion in August, and so far we have 65 people attending the last big one we had was about 10 years ago, and since then the family has grown with a new generation. Last time family came from Australia, New Zealand and South Afica for it.My husband had very little family, and then discovered he had a cousin in New Zealand who he had not known about. To cut a long story short, we were able to meet with this cousin, which was such a big thing for my husband, but sadly my husband passed away very suddenly a couple of months later. I will always treasure the joy he got from that time he spent with his cousin. Again, family are so imprtant.
Old 06-16-2011, 07:24 AM

If your hubby can't go, go by yourself and take the kids. My ex used to be that way. I finally decided that if I wanted to do anything I would just have to do it by myself or with a girlfriend. If finances permit don't let the chance to be with your family pass. None of us live forever and it may be the last time you get to see some of your family. JMHO
Old 06-16-2011, 07:29 AM

Tell Hubby since you haven't been able to take a vacation that you would consider this a vacation for yourself and the boys, ask your family if you can ride along. Family is so important and you don't want to have regrets. Even if the boys stay home it is so important for you--I hope he will reconsider for your sake.