Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
There are days I just HATE me so much !! >

There are days I just HATE me so much !!

There are days I just HATE me so much !!

Old 03-24-2011, 05:26 AM

Oh, I feel for you. Have done things like that so many times over the years. A good magnet will help and you will be able to laugh about this later. Hey I upset the same shelf four times last year and had shards of pottery all over my sewing room, I'm still finding little pieces and I've vacuumed a gazillion times. Don't be too hard on yourself, we've all been there and will be again.
Old 03-24-2011, 05:35 AM

While re-reading this thread, I have an idea. Auto supply places have this no-slide mat that folks will put over the fender so they put tools on it. My dad showed it to me - stuff does NOT move.

Maybe you can put something like this on the table so stuff doesn't move quite so easily. I may try this on my next sewing adventure...
Old 03-24-2011, 05:41 AM

When you are at the dollar store next time, see if you can find one of those old magnetic bingo wands. I have one, and it works great to pick up dropped pins.
Old 03-24-2011, 05:43 AM

Dreamer, I don't have a brain injury, but I do have "fibrofog" (ditzyness caused by fibromyalgia). I had to change my attitude. When I lose something I need, I assume its because there's something I'm missing that I didn't realize. When I have an "interruption", like your pin explosion, I figure I was just getting ready to make a really big mistake and need to do something else for a bit.
It's sort of an "Angels Watching Over Me" point of view. They say its not what happens to you, but how you handle it that is important. Remember, we're not as smart as we thought we were when we were early 20's!: ) Take care.
Old 03-24-2011, 06:13 AM

Originally Posted by magpie
Do you have a magnetic pincushion or just plain magnets. Would make it a little safer and quicker to clean up. I feel your pain. Have done the same thing before.
To me, this magnetic dish I have is by far THEE greatest notion. Just run it along the floor and every pin comes running!!
Old 03-24-2011, 06:38 AM

I'm so sorry for your troubles I think we all do things like that, without a brain injury. Don't be so hard on yourself. You are an inspiration to some of us!
Old 03-24-2011, 06:46 AM
Power Poster

Hope your days gets better. Take care.
Old 03-24-2011, 07:10 AM

What are you talking about? I don't have a brain injury and I have done that, several times actually. Don't be so hard on yourself. I have done this so many times I went out and bought a magnet to pick up all the pins. Also my cat has done this. Unfortunately she can't pick up the pins.

From all the pictures you have posted you are doing an amazing job quilting. I admire you.
Old 03-24-2011, 07:26 AM

I have one to pick up nails in my workshop--about 12" long and has a handle like a broom. Works great for pins. Just wish I had bought the one with the wheels.
Old 03-24-2011, 07:31 AM

Been there, done that, not fun. I agree that the magnet would sure be helpful.