Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
There are days I just HATE me so much !! >

There are days I just HATE me so much !!

There are days I just HATE me so much !!

Old 03-24-2011, 07:44 AM

Originally Posted by dreamer2009
This is where my brain injury brings up such hate !!
I was working on cutting table and have 2 different containers with hundreds !! of straight pins. These containes both have lids that I don't remember to put back on when not using.
Needless to say I'm sure you can all see where I am going with this. I was so into what I was doing and both containers were sitting on a pile of crap and I pushed something and they both went flying all over into all the crap on the floor and will have to carefully be weeded out now !!!
I'm going to go and have a good cry now.
Don't hate yourself for being human....just get better tools...I dump pins and what ever all the time. I found this magnetic tray at Harbor Freight...I love that place... and as you can see from the photo it is upright on one of the shelves where I keep my stash. Yes it is that strong. You could turn it upside down and not loose much. It is meant to hold nuts and bolts for mechanics so you know it is strong. It comes in several sizes and there is a round one that only has one magnet. One caution is don't attach it to any computerized machine or whoosh all gets scrambled. I use it mostly to hold my basting pins which I used to knock off the table regularly, I still find pins hiding under things from time to time. Also the advise to get the magnet wand is good. Carpet installers use them to find lost nails so you know it is good....try it on the sofa, you might find some change.....
Attached Thumbnails attachment-174245.jpe  
Old 03-24-2011, 07:52 AM

I don't have a brain injury (that I know of) And I have done the same thing!! Don't be so hard on yourself, at least you have an excuse!! :lol: :lol:
Old 03-24-2011, 08:57 AM

Originally Posted by dreamer2009
This is where my brain injury brings up such hate !!
I was working on cutting table and have 2 different containers with hundreds !! of straight pins. These containes both have lids that I don't remember to put back on when not using.
Needless to say I'm sure you can all see where I am going with this. I was so into what I was doing and both containers were sitting on a pile of crap and I pushed something and they both went flying all over into all the crap on the floor and will have to carefully be weeded out now !!!
I'm going to go and have a good cry now.
Honey, if that is the worst thing that happened today, it was a good day. In the grand scheme of things, it is a minor incident. Have your cry, take a deep breath, and start picking up pins as if they were made of gold. Learn to laugh when your disability fights with your intent. Sometimes I think the worst part of a brain injury is that we remember that we were once quite competent, and now we can't be. The good news? We are still here with our loved ones, when we could so easily not have been. Smile, this too shall pass. {HUGS} CVA survivor, -Kelly
Old 03-24-2011, 08:59 AM

awh, Ive had some bad days with sewing. It will get better. Hang in there.
Old 03-24-2011, 09:43 AM

The magnetic pin holder with the handale is the best.
Old 03-24-2011, 12:11 PM

Originally Posted by Ditter43
I don't have a brain injury (that I know of) And I have done the same thing!! Don't be so hard on yourself, at least you have an excuse!! :lol: :lol:
Me too. Some days I need a good cry, just bc
Old 03-24-2011, 01:32 PM

I hear there is a rumor that to be a REAL quilter you must rip rip rip and spill pins on a regular basis or you are in danger of losing your quilter status..So you are up to date on your paper work...Just kidding of course pins must be dumped I dump them even when the lid is on..Must keep my Quilter status up to date.I don't shed tears but say bad word very loudly. HUGS
Old 03-24-2011, 02:12 PM

Gosh I'm so sorry that has happened to you. Those things happen to me all the time and I don't have any excuse, so don't you feel bad at all. I just got a good magnet bowl from Harbor Freight and put my quilting pins in them. Now, just need to get another bowl to put my sewing pins in because I just found out the hard way (pins everywhere on the floor-yup-me too!) the the magnet container that I had them in isn't working well. I was on my hands and knees for a while because I have small grandkids in my sewing room all the time and little yorkies and I didn't want them to get hurt. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Old 03-24-2011, 02:20 PM

Been there, done that. Now most of the my pins are on the magnetic pin cushion thingy. Don't be hard on yourself.
Old 03-24-2011, 02:33 PM

Well if that's the case, my Mom must have dumped me on my head alot! If it's there to be dumped, I do it! Just seems to be routine!