Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Went to Son's house today... >

Went to Son's house today...

Went to Son's house today...

Old 05-05-2009, 06:49 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by LindaR
I don't know how this started but my DS now bring his own tupperware when he comes for a holiday dinner. It may have been when I went thru his cupboards and took all mine back LOL
LOL! well he is sure to take home some leftovers, if he comes with take out dishes. :D
Old 05-05-2009, 06:51 PM
Power Poster

Don't you all think this thread is very apropos, beings that Sunday is Mother's Day? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I didn't start this thread, but I would love to go on hearing, funny and strange stories, that your kids did or said. :D
Old 05-06-2009, 06:38 AM

Originally Posted by quiltncrazy
Don't you all think this thread is very apropos, beings that Sunday is Mother's Day? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I didn't start this thread, but I would love to go on hearing, funny and strange stories, that your kids did or said. :D
I don't know funny, strange! My family was very normal - - we were ALL dysfunctional! LOL

How about the Mother's Day card I got this year:
Mom! You've always told me the importance of saying waht's on my mind and not holding anything back, so I feel you should know ....
You're pretty LUCKY to have me. (There I feel better now)..

LOL ... this beats the card that showed the stork delivering a bundle (on my birthday) "On the day you were born, the stork was heard saying:
Look lady, I just deliver them ... I do NOT explain them!

Old 05-06-2009, 06:46 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by omak

I don't know funny, strange! My family was very normal - - we were ALL dysfunctional! LOL

How about the Mother's Day card I got this year:
Mom! You've always told me the importance of saying waht's on my mind and not holding anything back, so I feel you should know ....
You're pretty LUCKY to have me. (There I feel better now)..

LOL ... this beats the card that showed the stork delivering a bundle (on my birthday) "On the day you were born, the stork was heard saying:
Look lady, I just deliver them ... I do NOT explain them!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Old 05-06-2009, 07:30 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by LindaR
I don't know how this started but my DS now bring his own tupperware when he comes for a holiday dinner. It may have been when I went thru his cupboards and took all mine back LOL
I save the containers that cottage cheese, KoolWhip, etc. come in for the care packages. A friend of mine calls it "Redneck Tupperware"

That way I don't care if I ever see the containers again. I learned that the "good" plastic containers tend to never come back.
Old 05-06-2009, 07:47 AM

[quote=dvseals]Maybe next time he wants to borrow something have him pay you a deposit
and tell him when he returns the item he'll get his deposit back. ;)
Make sure the deposit is more than enough to replace the item and extra for the hassle of getting it replaced in case it doesn't come home. quote]

That's too funny! My daughter had a friend that never returned clothes that she borrowed, so my dd started making her leave a deposit. If the clothes didn't come back Candice had the money, usually more than the item was worth. The girls are 26 now and Candice stills requires a deposit! :lol: :P
Old 05-06-2009, 07:47 AM
Power Poster

omak, love your cards...I can't explain them, either!

I have redneck tupperware. Didn't know that's what they're called, but they will be now, lol! :wink:
Old 05-06-2009, 07:55 AM

When my kids were growing up I gave each of them chores that were geared to their ages. My oldest son at the age of 10 graduated to loading the dishwasher after dinner, I washed any pots (because I learned that pots mysteriously found their way into the cupboard bypassing the wash stage) and he dried them and swept the kitchen floor.

Shortly after he was assigned this duty I noticed I seemed to have less and less cutlery, specifically forks and teaspoons. I asked where it was disappearing to and got the standard answer, "I don't know!" (I don't know and not me lived in my house for many years. LOL) I went through all the drawers, I even searched the boys bedroom, no cutlery... so one night I decided I would keep an eye on his clearing the table and loading the dishwasher.... didn't take long to find out where the cutlery was going.... when he scraped the plates into the garbage it included scraping the cutlery in too!!!!

Old 05-06-2009, 07:56 AM
Power Poster

a deposit...that's an idea. DD borrows my video tapes, and keeps them till they are no longer useable! disney, etc.
Heads up, I just bought two dvd's online, for gbabies...neither plays.
won't be doing that again. I shredded address etc. so can't return. life-lesson, there.

My daughter gave me a card for my birthday,
...(I'm the note/post it Queen)...:

Don't worry about another birthday.
You're not old until you start leaving yourself little notes. Here are some to get you started!
Socks first, then shoes.
clothes go in dryer, Food goes in microwave.
Dopn't gorget to...uhm. Oh, boy...something about pills...
Flush.
Call what's-his-name.
Look for glasses.

Happy Birthday, mom.
OOPS, I guess you started years ago. love you, B and C
Old 05-06-2009, 07:59 AM
Power Poster

a deposit...that's an idea. DD borrows my video tapes, and keeps them till they are no longer useable! disney, etc.
Heads up, I just bought two dvd's online, for gbabies...neither plays.
won't be doing that again. I shredded address etc. so can't return. life-lesson, there.

My daughter gave me a card for my birthday,
...(I'm the note/post it Queen)...:

Don't worry about another birthday.
You're not old until you start leaving yourself little notes. Here are some to get you started!
Socks first, then shoes.
clothes go in dryer, Food goes in microwave.
Dopn't gorget to...uhm. Oh, boy...something about pills...
Flush.
Call what's-his-name.
Look for glasses.

Happy Birthday, mom.
OOPS, I guess you started years ago. love you, B and C

Too, Too cute! Can't wait to see what you get for Mother's day :lol: :lol:

Ninnie