Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
What was the Christmas gift you've never received? >

What was the Christmas gift you've never received?

What was the Christmas gift you've never received?

Old 11-28-2010, 05:31 PM

The only thing I really wanted and never got for Christmas was a Miss Beasley (sp?) doll. Mom though the doll was ugly so I never got it. She did get me a Miss Beasley coloring book. Insead of the doll, santa brought me a pony, which I wanted also, but didn't think we could afford so I asked for the doll instead. Rusty was much more fun than any Miss Beasley doll.
Old 11-28-2010, 05:40 PM

Originally Posted by SaraSewing
I wanted a barbie. More than anyone can know. All my friends had barbies in the 60's. My mother said how ugly they were because of their un-human like proportions. ALL I asked for in 4th grade, and 5th grade was a barbie. Well, Santa decided to bring me a wagon so I could help with farm work easier. How dorky! And Barbies were cheap too!

No, I never did get a Barbie. But I made sure that my daughter had all the Barbies she wanted - along with a car, clothes, etc. for them.

Hmmmmm, guess I'm not over the disappointment. It's only been 50 years - time to move on Sara!
I wanted a Barbie too. But my sister already had one so my parents got me a Ken. I was very disappointed - Ken didn't have any beautiful clothes and my sister wouldn't let me play with her doll. What were my parents thinking? I never did get a Barbie and I always made sure not to substitute what I thought they should have for what my kids actually asked for so they wouldn't think I was clueless like my folks.
Old 11-28-2010, 10:35 PM
Kas

Originally Posted by KatFish
The only thing I really wanted and never got for Christmas was a Miss Beasley (sp?) doll. Mom though the doll was ugly so I never got it. She did get me a Miss Beasley coloring book. Insead of the doll, santa brought me a pony, which I wanted also, but didn't think we could afford so I asked for the doll instead. Rusty was much more fun than any Miss Beasley doll.
Jealous. :mrgreen:
Old 11-28-2010, 10:46 PM

I can honestly say that I have never been disappointed. I have always been spoiled because my parents always gave us what we wanted. My husband still to this day tell me that I am spoiled. I really feel that we have been blessed in soooo many ways and for this I am very thankful.
Old 11-29-2010, 12:37 AM

ONe year when I was a young teenager I wanted this particular set of colored pencils I would dream about shading and all the different patterns I could use to fill in a space. I carefully made sure Mom knew what I wanted. But Dad did the shopping that year. Mom says she put what I wanted in detail on the list, but Dad bought me a nice set of markers. I don't know who was more disapointed me or my Mom
Old 11-29-2010, 03:20 AM

For a few years when I was a teenager, I wanted a telescope. They were in the Sears catalogue and I'd always circle the picture. I never did get one.
Old 11-29-2010, 03:48 AM

There are probably few here that have even heard of Tiny Tears, but that was the doll I so desired one year. Problem was, I don't think I ever said it aloud. I was a little disappointed on Christmas morning but so happy with the wonderful outfits my mother knitted for my 'old' baby doll. I still have parts of them.
Old 11-29-2010, 04:17 AM

a record player
Old 11-29-2010, 04:31 AM

When I was old enough to write I started making mom lists, that she would ask us to make. And every year she would buy whatever she felt like buying. The list was never used. Nothing really sticks in my mind, we had many gifts, might not be what we wanted but we were spoiled. Mom was a barbie girl too, she didnt get many dolls when she was little so I got many, many I didnt want but knew that it pleased her. she would be so excited when I opened them. To this day my mom still collects dolls, some of them quite expensive. Shes 62.
Old 11-29-2010, 05:51 AM

I wanted a sled, however it was during WW2 and not much was available, everything went to the war effort. My uncle found a old beat up wagon at the junk yard, cleaned it up and painted it red, put wooden runners where the wheels would be, it was the best "red sled" anyone got that Christmas. The year was 1943.