What do you think of this?

Old 08-05-2016, 05:29 AM

I know that my deceased husband comes to me on occasion. One day I felt that I needed to clean out some boxes. Every box was filled with greeting cards from him. Boxes of cards in every size and shape for every occasion, he just loved giving them to me. Each card had a few words of love and I was almost overcome with emotion and finally stopped going through the boxes. When I happened to look at the calendar, it was our wedding anniversary. He has done things like this many times, I never see him, but I sense him near. I believe there are auras around people, I believe dogs and cats can see them.
Old 08-05-2016, 05:42 AM

Oh, I most definitely believe in ghosts, having lived in a haunted house for 8 years. I also have a spirit/spirits here in this location and have had my behind grabbed and "something" screamed in my ear plus you can hear conversations spoken really low at night.

In our previous house I turned and saw a lady in a peasant dress with very long hair and folders in her hand. She was standing over my husband's side of the bed and when I gasped she disappeared but not before turning and looking at me. When I described her to my DH, he thinks it was his grandmother who had died a few weeks earlier.

My grandmother and I had a deal, if she went first she would send me a sign and I would do likewise. At 3:30 one morning the alarm went off, it wasn't set to that time and wasn't active. 15 minutes later I got the call that she had passed away at the hospital. I thanked her for letting me know there is something more out there.
Old 08-05-2016, 05:43 AM

Originally Posted by Wanabee Quiltin View Post
I know that my deceased husband comes to me on occasion. One day I felt that I needed to clean out some boxes. Every box was filled with greeting cards from him. Boxes of cards in every size and shape for every occasion, he just loved giving them to me. Each card had a few words of love and I was almost overcome with emotion and finally stopped going through the boxes. When I happened to look at the calendar, it was our wedding anniversary. He has done things like this many times, I never see him, but I sense him near. I believe there are auras around people, I believe dogs and cats can see them.
I know that was probably heart wrenching for you. But oh how beautiful, for him to still be able to show you how much he loves you! I'm with you on the dog and cat thing. When they sit and bark at a corner and won't stop! I'll say out loud ok who Evers here go away so they will shut up lol
Old 08-05-2016, 05:43 AM

Wanabee Quilting, your story gave me chills. That is so hauntingly beautiful. I believe that animals can see ghosts too. I had a cat who would sit at the bottom of the stairs at attention and stare for long periods of time at something at the top of the landing, and there was nothing there. I have often thought that it was a ghost that he was looking at.
Old 08-05-2016, 05:55 AM
Power Poster

I remember as a little girl and hearing the preacher talk about angels. I thought well if angels are real then there has to be others that are real too. My mother passed years ago but for a long time I could hear her calling my name, clear as could be, at random times. I always looked up or turned around before I remembered she wasn't here.
Old 08-05-2016, 11:15 AM

I experienced in something called "astral traveling" years ago. I was moving through space and time, while tethered to my natural body by a silver strand of something. It was an amazing experience that affected every other facet of my life. I guess you could say that I am now aware of how transient everything is. It is hard to define what I saw and experienced at the time, and I do not know what caused me to experience it. A knowledgeable friend told me that it was called "astral traveling" years later when I described it to him.
Old 08-05-2016, 11:27 AM
mac

Originally Posted by cjsews View Post
My BFF's GD sees angles. When GGma died she saw the angles come for her and her spirit left the body I don't know if that is cool or spooky
Your friend's GD my have Synesthesia, which is a condition in which one type of stimulation evokes the sensation of another, as when the hearing of a sound produces the visualization of a color, or a smell has points. I watched a program called, "In Search of" and they talked about this. They said that some people can learn to teach themselves to play the guitar or other instruments because they played the colors they saw and another lady was saying that she knew when her chicken wasn't done yet because her chicken didn't have enough angles and points.

They also said that many of the people who have this condition don't even know they have it. They have always seen things or heard things this way and they figure everyone else does, too.

I've always thought this was an extremely interesting subject.
Old 08-05-2016, 12:53 PM
Power Poster

About 30 years ago DH was on a boat launch headed to a ship in the gulf. The launch (smaller boat) took on water. Just a few minutes prior one of his co passengers suggested he switch and put on one of the newer life jackets, jokingly remarking they might have to float a while. Just about then the boat began taking on water. DH's friend got caught up in some rope, hubby wash forced through a window and jutted into the water. He saw his friend and another guy go down with the boat. They were in the water for 10 hours and rescued by a Chinese ship. One of the crewman said to him he was lucky because of the sharks swimming around them. He still has the paper clippings and of course to this day he will not get on a boat smaller than 40 feet long. When he gets around a boat or ship, he hears his friend's voice; "Switch with me, it's a better seat!" We don't talk cruises and that's ok. He tells his employees who have to get on a launch to board a ship in the gulf to make sure they're wearing a good life jacket. When he performs certain tasks that he shared with his friend he has been caught having a conversation. His other guys have walked in on the conversations.
Old 08-05-2016, 02:05 PM
mac

Tessagin,
That sent chills down my spine.
Old 08-05-2016, 02:10 PM

Originally Posted by SewingSew View Post
What are "clickbait articles? Yes, I agree that you have to be skeptical with some things found on the internet, but they still can be intriguing.
They are websites that feature amazing stories, to get you to go there and be subjected to ads. The more people visit the site, the more money they make from ads. All over Facebook; usual headline will be something like this:

"They brought a puppy home for their little girl but when you see what the dog did, your head will explode!!"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clickbait