Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: What was pattern of your 1st Quilt and did you keep it?

Oh, I guess i did not answer the question correctly. I still have both the pattern and the quilt. It did make a deployment to Afghanistan and then to Iraq with my daughter. I have it back here now, folded and on my quilt rack.

LOL made my first at 9 to 11 years old. 6 inch squares and yep I kept the quit and the pattern.

My first was a king sized bargello. what was I thinking? I wanted a quilt for our bed! It took me a year to make, I tied it and won a third prize at the county fair with it!

Trip around the World. I made it for my BFF. She still has it 25 years later. :-)

Ohio, the land of 4 seasons. sometimes all in the same week!
    the 1st one I made was a red/white baby quilt for my youngest girl 17 yrs ago. I put it away in the attic with her baby things when she outgrew it. yrs later I gave the boxes of baby things to a cousin who had nothing. Forgot the quilt was in there but -she needed stuff. then I never "had time" to quilt till a couple yrs ago.

Blog Entries
    I did a Thimbleberries sampler and did keep it.

My first was a black and white double wedding ring about 18 years ago. It was a wedding present for a family friend. Would not advise this as a first or even second quilt. I haven't made another one since. Maybe someday.

Blog Entries
    First quilt was a raggedy quilt. and gave it to my daughter.
    i took a basics class, learned how to use the rotary cutter,measure,and press..the rag quilt came next,same class at JoAnns. i was hooked!

i have not made or kept a quilt for myself yet, and it has been about 6 years. :-(

My first quilt was Winding Ways, all curved edges! I figured I knew how to set in sleeves so how difficult could it be????? It took 4 years. It was pretty and I gave it to one of my sisters as a wedding quilt.
    She chose the colors. I didn't photograph it, unfortunately. Asked my sister to take a pic but she never has and I haven't seen the quilt since I gave it to her...Oh well. It was a really learning experience. I've avoided curved patterns every since unltss I was goin to applique them.
    I would NOT recommend Winding Ways for a first time quilt!
    Jenny

my first quilt was a Maple leaf pattern and I just tossed it out this spring. It was thread bare and VERY used!! Sometime soon I'll make another

A brick type quilt by Amy Butler with pompoms on each corner and yes I still have the pattern.

Blog Entries
    Rail Fence and yes I still have it.

Blog Entries
    My first quilt which I made at a quilt class at my LQS last fall was made of 2 squares--9-patch and the monkey wrench. I loved the colors and use it as a throw (in spite of all the mistakes ;-) ) in my living room...

Mine was a split rail fence and my daughter has it.

My first quilt was "Chicken coop" by Rita Poel.
    Attached Images Attached Images

My first quilt was in 1995, It was "Trip around the World". I took a class from a LQS and yes, I still have it and once in a while I put it back on the bed.

Blog Entries
    I took a class to make my first official quilt. Double Irish Chain. It was the only quilt that I've sent out to have quilted. Of course the quilting on it is beautiful!

Yes, we still have it. It's not yet super old though.

Blog Entries
    Eleanor Burns Log Cabin. I kept it for nearly 15 years and when my BIL & SIL bought my antique bedroom set (where it dressed the bed) I gave it to them.

My first was a version of the Churn Dash called Goose On The Pond, still have it, hanging on the back of my chair, just a small throw, still like the colors; finished it with Prairie Points. I have made many since then, given many away and still have a lot, all sizes...love quilts! A picture of my first one is attached...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Ohio Star. Yes. Made in the late 80"s

I made a sampler quilt and it is used on my bed.Made in 1983.

my first quilt was an embroidered cat quilt. I broke every rule known to mankind with that quilt!! I embroidered days of the weeks cats ya know, Monday is wash day etc, on an inexpensive pale yellow flat sheet, with a lower thread count. I transfered those kitty blox right side up and backwards, too, to get them to face the other direction. I quilted it all in about 2 dozen different color threads with big stitches and finished the edges by just turning the top and the back to the inside and ladder stitching it closed. I won first place and a blue ribbon at the state fair on that quilt about 2 weeks after I finished it when a friend secretly entered it for me . I did not know anything about it til the newspaper called me for a write up for the fair. I had made it for my friends first beautiful daughter.

Took a class and made a king size Ohio Star. Still use it.

Banned
    Can't remember which of 2 was the first. I started in the 70s: Log Cabin (got quilted) or Postage Stamp (got tied).

I still have them both, can't use though, worn out.
    One day they'll each be used as batts in quilts I'll keep for myself.

Blog Entries
    My very first pieced quilt was the pattern Antique Tile from Quilter's Cache. It taught me a lot....squares and rectangles. Got that down good, considering each block had 21 squares and from there I have branched out to half square triangles, which I think are absolutely fantastic - so many different designs you can make. It is still my favorite of all the quilts I have made. It is my life story in 35 12" blocks. Had it quilted professionally. (The only way to go for me)! It became my memory quilt.

Edie

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast