What should I do ?

Old 03-27-2011, 08:36 AM

OH man! You really do nice work! I love each and every one of your projects and am so glad you have shared pics. Those bunnies are adorable, don't forget a pic when you have the little guys done.
Old 03-27-2011, 08:43 AM

So glad i wrote that question. You all have been wonderful and encouraging. Thank you alll again!

Margaret61
Old 03-27-2011, 09:42 AM

Margaret, I am so glad perfect isn't part of quilting! I have become the Queen of a Little Off and How to Fake It! You are a very creative person with all the crafts and art you have done in the past and quilting is a great place to forge your own way. Let yourself go and have some fun! Absolutely any problem you have with quilting, you can ask a question and someone will share with you how to fix it.

Blessings,
Old 03-27-2011, 09:43 AM

Your work is lovely and really creative! It would be a real shame for you to stop quilting. Someone on this board coined a phrase, "Looks perfect from the back of a galloping horse." I think part of why I have so many UFO's is there is always a promise of perfection when you start. I aim at the perfection target but don't usually even come close. The nicest part is that after your done the errors don't seem so glaring.
Old 03-27-2011, 10:25 AM

There is at least one mistake in each of my quilts. It has almost become a trademark with my family. Do not give it up if it brings you joy. I do it a lot of times for therapy.
Old 03-27-2011, 11:26 AM

Don't stop your creativity!!! If you get joy out of it, then
that is all that is necessary. I would like to see some
of your work. I am sure they are beautiful.
Old 03-27-2011, 01:05 PM

If you enjoy it do it. No one on this board started out as an expert quilter and most of us are our own worst critics, Go ahead and enjoy quilting and visiting here on the board
Old 03-27-2011, 02:27 PM

We are all OFF-A-LITTLE
in our own way, so
all of your OFF-A-LITTLE
will fit just P*E*R*F*E*C*T*L*Y.
Let us see them.
Anything made with LOVE is always good.
J J
Old 03-27-2011, 02:51 PM

Originally Posted by Margaret61
Do I Or Don't I , Continue trying to quilt /and /or create .? Im a solitary person ,Im 61 and so want to create things for my own enjoyment and my family.I start things and then start questioning my ability to finsih them . I have only been quilting for three years. I ve always been a crafty person .Only for myself .Up until three years ago ,I would make up a dozen or so Xmas decorations .Whether it was from kits or my own designs ( Once took all my junk jewerly aprt and made ornament from strofoam balls ...Also painted minture houses .A christmas town, and a Easter town.and then i moved on to Embroidery.Which i still do . Im a self taught quilter . I have made a few quilts. The Quilt Broard , Has taught me that perfect isnt part of this hobby, But fun is ! If you enjoy it do your best .I will send pics another time ..My problem is every thing i do is a little off if not alot .LOL
I have no one to share this with . :-D
I am not sure what im looking for ? Im a stay at home person..I dont like to go out in publtc . I try to do all my quilt shopping from home . I am married an have been for almost 40 years now . Any and all advice excepte
No quilt police here! A little bit off is what personalizes what you do. Take pride in it! froggyintexas
Old 03-27-2011, 03:13 PM

It sure sounds like you want to continue quilting to me - I would enjoy it and do the best you can. I am in the same boat as you and was glad to see I am not the only one 61 and my quilts are off a lot too. I seem to be better at hand quilting. Only thing is I am still working and trying to fit in the quilting. Enjoy yourself and have fun! The Quilting Board is very helpful and you also get inspired with new ideas.