What should I do ?

Old 03-26-2011, 11:17 AM

You do wonderful work and I just love that quilt. You keep a very nice sewing room. Keep on quilting.. Just come on the chat and you will not be alone. Also the bunnies are really cute.
Old 03-26-2011, 11:24 AM

Thank you all for the support and encouragement today

Margaret
Old 03-26-2011, 11:27 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Margaret61
My problem is every thing i do is a little off if not alot .
When you say "off" what do you mean? Do you mean the item you end up with is DIFFERENT from the original plan? Or is it "wonky"? Do you have trouble following directions or do you not execute with as much detail as you may want?

If you simply venture from the original plan, THAT my dear is called creativity.
If you can't follow direction, THAT is what we can help you figure it out.
If you are not as accurate as necessary, THAT is called slow it down and practice.

Sometimes (actually often) we are our own worst critics.

Going back and looking at your pictures, I think my last statement hits the nail.
Old 03-26-2011, 11:28 AM

You so obviously have a creative spirit that shouldn't - and probably can't - be ignored! Everyone on here loves to see other peoples projects and I have found that most of the time, no-one but the maker ever sees the problems. Glad you are going to continue - and am looking forward to seeing more of your spectacular projects!
Old 03-26-2011, 12:01 PM
Power Poster

I would just keep doing what you have been doing. You can make quilts and still do other stuff.
Old 03-26-2011, 12:06 PM

The bunnies are adorable - can't wait to see the finished quilt. Besides, you have too much stash to quit!! This really is a wonderful and encouraging site with many tutorials though it doesn't look like you need them!
Old 03-27-2011, 03:16 AM

We all do what makes us happy. If you enjoy quilting... by all means continue. We all were beginners (I still condiser myself one). Please yourself. I would be willing to bet that every quilt made has some kind of a little glitch in it somewhere. Smile and quilt away. Hugs to you.
Old 03-27-2011, 03:31 AM

do what you love and donate to homeless shelter, nursing home, hospital, hospital for children, prison ministry, our service men and women overseas.

I am sure if you contact someone from any of these places or a church they would happily pick these up and share them if you do not wish to do it yourself.

If it brings you joy Don't stop...and please share with us or someone. We all need to feel the love of others...I believe that is how God made us. Your gifts would share that love.
Old 03-27-2011, 04:23 AM

If you are not creating things for sale it is unimportant what others think of it. The enjoyment of making something and the camaraderie of fellow crafts people is good therapy for anyone. Don't give up - doodle to your heart's content and join in the fun. You may come across something you really enjoy and get good at just because of the practice.
Old 03-27-2011, 05:00 AM

you're not alone now..you have the QB