What should I do ?

Old 03-26-2011, 07:39 AM

Do I Or Don't I , Continue trying to quilt /and /or create .? Im a solitary person ,Im 61 and so want to create things for my own enjoyment and my family.I start things and then start questioning my ability to finsih them . I have only been quilting for three years. I ve always been a crafty person .Only for myself .Up until three years ago ,I would make up a dozen or so Xmas decorations .Whether it was from kits or my own designs ( Once took all my junk jewerly aprt and made ornament from strofoam balls ...Also painted minture houses .A christmas town, and a Easter town.and then i moved on to Embroidery.Which i still do . Im a self taught quilter . I have made a few quilts. The Quilt Broard , Has taught me that perfect isnt part of this hobby, But fun is ! If you enjoy it do your best .I will send pics another time ..My problem is every thing i do is a little off if not alot .LOL
I have no one to share this with . :-D
I am not sure what im looking for ? Im a stay at home person..I dont like to go out in publtc . I try to do all my quilt shopping from home . I am married an have been for almost 40 years now . Any and all advice excepte
Old 03-26-2011, 07:42 AM

You can share them with us. Everyone here would love to see what you make. then you could donate them if you had no one to give them to.
Old 03-26-2011, 07:42 AM

If it brings you joy, stick with it!

It is very easy to learn to post pictures here to share. No one is perfect. If you enjoy what you make does it matter if it is a little off? I don't think so. The more you practice, the better you will get.

There are thousands of members here that can help if you get stuck!

Come on in and sit a spell. I'll bet you will be glad you did! :)
Old 03-26-2011, 07:43 AM

Please don't stop!! This is a wonderful place to share your ideas/projects/treasures. I would love to see some of the wonderful things you've created. Don't give up, my work isn't perfect either. :lol:
Old 03-26-2011, 07:44 AM

Being solitary myself pretty much I agree. come sit a spell and post your quilts on here. If it brings you contentment to do it then do. I am just now finishing tops I put together over 20 years ago.
Old 03-26-2011, 07:46 AM

You sound so creative! Please do share with us here!
Old 03-26-2011, 07:47 AM

If you get joy from quilting by all means continue to do it! None of us are perfect, nor are our quilts so keep on creating if it something you enjoy. Perhaps you would feel some satisfaction from doing some charity quilts. There are some you can do from home, like Quilts for Kids and the stars for quilts of valor & I'm sure more.
Old 03-26-2011, 07:48 AM

Margaret, you could be describing me!! I'm self-taught, a solitary quilter, and after 40+ years of nursing, I hate to go out.
I quilt for ME--I make what I want and finish what I like and then some get thrown in the back of the closet. I love to piece and sew but hate the quilting part because I'm terrible at it. I show DH and get "oh that's nice" but I don't have any one to share with either. But that's okay. I love what I do.
You're right about this board. I've learned so much here. One thing I've found is encouragement. I'm doing the Farmers Wife Sampler quilt with the group here and it's been fun. Think about joining a swap, or a group here. People always need quilts for their charities-search someone out here and send some stuff to them. I just sent some things to RedGarnet22-it felt good, she loved them, they're going to a worthy cause, and I can sew some more things without adding to my stack.
Love what you do!!
Old 03-26-2011, 07:49 AM

Location: A Hop from Heaven, a Skip from Sanity and a Jump from the Good Life....

We would love to be a part of your quilting family!!! Don't worry about perfection it's about having fun and loving what you do. I say post pics and come chat for a while.
Old 03-26-2011, 07:52 AM

Did you make the quilt in your avatar? It looks great!
I say keep quilting - it seems to make you & your family happy. Share some of your work here & you're sure to get some 'pats on the back' & happy feelings - so many kind people here.

Another thought is to do some quilting for charity - homeless shelters, hospitals, nursing homes, Project Linus are always appreciate whatever they get.