Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
What types of excercise equiptment do you like and use? >

What types of excercise equiptment do you like and use?

What types of excercise equiptment do you like and use?

Old 09-18-2011, 05:53 PM

I go to Curves 3 times a week for a 30 min work out that is designed specifically for women. No treadmills or weights, like I did in Cardiac rehab at the hospital. This is a gentle and lady-friendly workout. I love it and have made some good friend there. They bring me their scrap fabrics from their projects to help me with my projects, quilts for charities.

June in Cincinnati
Old 09-18-2011, 06:00 PM

Hand weights are a valuable basic piece of equipment to have. They build muscle which in turn helps you burn more calories all the time. I use mine in various exercises and love them.
Yoga is a great addition to any fitness routine; it improves balance and flexibility, you can up the intensity as you go and it's easy on the joints. A bonus is that it's also a great stress reliever.
Old 09-18-2011, 06:19 PM

A good treadmill and recumbent bike are great. Also some small hand weights to burn a few more calories while walking or doing other exercise.
Old 09-18-2011, 06:21 PM

I started exercising recently too, and so far my most used item is a kettleball/weighted ball. I use the biggest loser dvd from a few seasons ago. It's showed me some moves that just adding the weighted ball to helps a lot. I also use the stretchy bands and a balance ball. Just using your own body weight in exercises like the plank will work too. (I got really sore trying that the first time. LOL)
Old 09-19-2011, 08:46 AM

I use my treadmill almost daily. I used to run but now have disc problems, so I can't. Soo.... I walk with the incline up and burn almost 500 calories in 45 minutes, which has really helped with my weight loss.

My hubby uses the elyptical.....I'm afraid of it. One day maybe I'll give it a real try.
Old 09-19-2011, 10:07 AM

I actually like my Ab Lounger. It is good for setting your core to help prevent lower back problems and it doesn't hurt my feet to use it. You can usually find them at yard/estate sales.
Old 09-20-2011, 04:11 AM

Have a treadmill and an elipitical and much prefer the treadmill. To date after 2 months, still haven't been able to stay on the elipitical for longer than 3 minutes, but I can walk on the treadmill for 30-45 minutes, no problem. Can't figure out why the elipitical kicks my butt so bad. Have it set on the least tension and it still makes my legs quivery and shakey after 2 min.