Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • What types of excercise equiptment do you like and use? >
  • What types of excercise equiptment do you like and use?

• What types of excercise equiptment do you like and use?

Old 09-17-2011, 01:29 PM

my riding bike (brand is Giant)
    Old 09-17-2011, 01:33 PM

At home I use a glider type, like cross country skiing and the I started Curves in April. Works all major muscle groups in about 30 minutes.
    Old 09-17-2011, 05:06 PM

I get all the exercise I need, jumping to conclusions, running amok, bouncing off the walls, stretching the truth, spinning yarns, and pulling your leg!
    Old 09-17-2011, 05:26 PM

I like my treadmill and stationary bike, Use??? that is a different matter.
    Old 09-17-2011, 09:14 PM

Walking- when my hip and back get out of wack I pull out the Belly dancing exercise videos- they do help- I hate to do it all the time especially if I have an audience
    Old 09-18-2011, 12:34 AM

Originally Posted by Kehoeta
    I use an elliptical machine. I had the gazelle, but I didn't like how it felt like it would tip over. I like to work hard when I am on the equipment, and the gazelle, while it will give you a good workout, isn't heavy duty.
    me too, had the gazelle, but didn't feel sturdy on it... i walk a lot in the summer & have made a serious effort to lose wgt (down 32 lbs so far) dh asked what i was planning on doing during the winter.. i told him i was looking at gym memberships, but none of the local gyms have a walking track, so i would be just using a treadmill.. so he took me out & got me a nordictrak...now were just waiting on dlvy.. i wish it would get here already!
    Old 09-18-2011, 01:03 AM

I have a lot of exericsing equipment...waste of space but I spent alot of money on them so I haven't it in me to get rid of them. I go to planet fitness...less than 10.00 a month. Totally worth t...and they are clean. I also go with a friend which really helps.
    Old 09-18-2011, 03:27 AM

I have a treadmill, which I probably won't be using again, since my walking is down to a minimum, but my husband has started using it. I bought one that folds up, smart decision. I also have a weight machine in my bedroom, the electric kind, not the one with the heavy weights on it. My son and I were in a store when a kid smashed his hand screwing around one of those (yes, where was his mother? About 2 minutes after he did it, screaming she would sue, instead of calling 911. My son and I took charge. He was bleeding, and no one else would touch him. Sad, just sad.)

I can still use the weight machine for doing crunches without hurting my back, and I use it for hooking my traction devise to, lol...works well, even if not what they designed it for.

The most useful piece of equipment I have now is my cane, and my dear Dachshund Daisy who walks with me to keep me from wandering like a drunk, lol.
    Old 09-18-2011, 03:28 PM

I have a stationary bike which was an absolute waste of money (and I got it cheap at a garage sale). I intend to put it in my own garage sale in a couple weeks. Want it gone. I have thought about a treadmill. Or an elliptical. Actually, will probably get neither. I walk 3 days a week either in or aound my school before I head home for the day. The other 2 days I go to Zumba in the evenings. Also have a Wii Fit so I feel like I get some pretty good workouts. Now, if I could just quit grabbing a cookie every time I walk past the cookie jar!
    Old 09-18-2011, 05:01 PM

I use an elliptical. My husband, who is 6' 3", and me, 5' $", tried out every machine in the city and found ONE that we both felt comfortable on.
    My suggestion is to try out a machine before buying, it just might not be a 'fit.'