Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Where were you 9 years ago? >

Where were you 9 years ago?

Where were you 9 years ago?

Old 09-10-2010, 09:55 AM

I was walking to the door to take my MIL to the doctor when the news broke in. I stopped, stunned, sat down on the couch, called my MIL to tell her we would have to reschedule, called the doctor's office to tell them and then remained glued to the set while the horror unfolded. I felt so helpless. I am still angry, offended by the proposed mosque close to ground zero and will never forget!
Old 09-10-2010, 10:00 AM

I have always hated daytime TV. I think it's such a waste of time. I was at home and did not have the TV on. I called my dog kennel lady about something and she told me what happened. I was glued to the TV for days after that.
Old 09-10-2010, 10:17 AM

I was in 9th grade - was in homeroom and they never rang bell for first period which was strange - eventually homeroom teacher turned on the TV.
Old 09-10-2010, 10:20 AM
JJs
Banned

My 82 year old mother called me in shock and asked me what was going on - so I turned on the tv in time to see the 2nd plane hit.
Why do WE (Americans) still feel we have to apologize for being ANGRY? Or why are we made to feel like we have to apologize. Why are Christians allowed to be 'open game' but everyone else gets 'offended'.....
Weird times...
Old 09-10-2010, 10:20 AM
Banned

had builders in to new home, furniture in store and camping in dining room, sat down after lunch with the dogs and being tired we all fell asleep during the news and woke later to see the toers on fire ,really thought [ and now hoped] that it was a horror movie; too dreadful for words.
Old 09-10-2010, 10:22 AM

Had left my home to go to the city that day to have my hair cut. So I heard all about it on my car radio.
Old 09-10-2010, 10:26 AM

Originally Posted by JJs
Why do WE (Americans) still feel we have to apologize for being ANGRY? Or why are we made to feel like we have to apologize. Why are Christians allowed to be 'open game' but everyone else gets 'offended'.....
Weird times...
Those are very good questions. I wish there were answers. I know, I for one was tired of having to hide my faith in God to my neighbor who is allowed to openly express his/her beliefs.

If the conversation turns to religion I no longer feel compelled to step away I now express my own beliefs.

And the same with my country. I am American. I was born in the United States of America, I am proud to be an American. I am not Irish American, Italian American, Native American... I am American. And I am proud of what we as Americans have accomplished in our short young history.

God Bless America and all that we stand for.
Old 09-10-2010, 10:33 AM

Originally Posted by MzMcKee
Originally Posted by JJs
Weird times...
Those are very good questions. I wish there were answers. I know, I for one was tired of having to hide my faith in God to my neighbor who is allowed to openly express his/her beliefs.

If the conversation turns to religion I no longer feel compelled to step away I now express my own beliefs.

And the same with my country. I am American. I was born in the United States of America, I am proud to be an American. I am not Irish American, Italian American, Native American... I am American. And I am proud of what we as Americans have accomplished in our short young history.

God Bless America and all that we stand for.
Amen.
I was at my desk, watching the television in horror.
My heart broke that day and our world will never recover from the tragedy.
May God continue to protect and bless the families and loved ones that were left behind.
God bless America.
Old 09-10-2010, 10:34 AM

I was actually in the Optometrist's office at that time, walked out and took the car to visit my husband, who was in a hospital. I never listen to the car radio so didn't know anything was wrong till I walked into his room. He was drugged up and kept telling me that "they" were playing the same movie over and over, or else the nurses were giving him the wrong medications. As I watched the TV, I could see that there was a terrible event going on. I'll never forget that moment, it's burned into my brain.

Just like the time I first heard JFK was dead..I was driving over a bridge to get to work, for some reason I turned on the radio, which I never did even then, and heard a weeping announcer tell the United States that our president was dead.
Old 09-10-2010, 10:43 AM

I had just turned into the parking lot at work when the first plane hit. At first, the one reporting it made it sound like an accident. They kept repeating it over and over, and then the host of the morning show just said 'Osama Bin Laden' in the most serious voice. I don't know how he knew that early, but he did, and I'll never forget it.